Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves 3 - 1 Bristol City - Verdict thread

Wolves 3 - 1 Bristol City - Verdict thread

Off you go Gents.

I think you mean verdict thread Frank!
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Good win and great to see Dicko get off to a flying start in a wolves shirt. Thanks for the entertaining commentary WH!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    I think you mean verdict thread Frank!
    Sorry about that. I have changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer89 View Post
    Dicko will score today and we'll win, you heard it here first.
    I should do this before every game!
    This is our love, and it knows no division.

Cheers WH.
    You and Parkins LF must be synchronised then.
    'Our goal is crystal clear: we will do our very best to help take Wolves back to the Premier League as soon as possible, and to stay there.'(21st July 2016). *Promotion achieved 15th April 2018.** 2019-7th-57pts-Qualify Europa*

NorwayFB is offline The elderly, irritating relative at weddings
    Great stuff from Wolves,Dicko,Parkin and WH!

Getting back on track it seems.

400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinowolf View Post
    Cheers WH.
    You and Parkins LF must be synchronised then.
    Thanks very much.

We actually listen to the same delayed commentary, but we just write a little differently.
    As in Parkin writes the facts and I make mine up!
    But it is interesting how the two versions appear after an incident or a passage of play.
    So between the pair of us you should get a reasonable picture of what is being reported as going on...

Which is exactly the whole point of doing it.
    So thanks Parkin.
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

Good win today. Great to keep the pressure on the top two. Hope they are nervously looking over their shoulders. Two goals on his debut for Dicko (ok, one and a half !) so that's a great start. I think KJ will bring another striker in if and when Griff goes to Celtic.

Comfortable. Could have been six. Going home happy tonight
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Hunting View Post
    Thanks very much.

We actually listen to the same delayed commentary, but we just write a little differently.
    But it is interesting how the two versions appear after an incident or a passage of play.
    So between the pair of us you should get a reasonable picture of what is being reported as going on...

So thanks Parkin.
    And I know it is appreciated. Just don't use the radio comms to come up with nonsense verdicts and everyone is a winner
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Hunting View Post
    Thanks very much.

So thanks Parkin.
    I don't have your way with words WH so just stick to who has done what to/with whom.

As to different versions of the same incident - typing & listening is hard (or is it just me who can't do that easily ) still if the BBC & SSN can't agree who assisted for the first goal don't think our comments are any less accurate.

May do the next one listening to the opposition commentary to see if that changes anything.
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    And I know it is appreciated. Just don't use the radio comms to come up with nonsense verdicts and everyone is a winner
    Don't think any of us have ever wanted to do that anyway!

Interested from those there as to how Henry played as it sounded as if he was out of sorts & Sako appeared to make a real difference when he came on

Better than the Stevenage game.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

Three goals and a good debut by Dicko. A good day.

Very pleased tonight, good that Dicko got off to a flying start, give the lad loads of confidence, looking forward to hearing the reports of guys that went,
    thanks go again to WH & PLF for commentary. Good work by KJ too if Henry wasn't quite on it, to bring Sako on and with him scoring won't do any harm to getting a good price if he's off.
    FJRWolf

Chuffed.
    'I never predict anything and I never will'......Paul Gascoigne.

perfect day, perfect result, perfect start from Dicko, and marmite as a hot drink is pretty perfect too.

Thanks for the comms lads, Parkin and Wolfie, really brings the day alive.
    "Never enter into a battle of wits, with an unarmed man"

At times we were sensational. Particularly first half. We seemed to freeze a bit after City equalised particularly in midfield.
    Second half, Bristol were much better. Pressed us and harried us and got through a couple of times. We rode the storm though and reasserted our superiority and scored a deserved third with a great, clean strike. City then gave up and the points were secure.
    Would have been a lot more enjoyable had I not gotten caught in the biblical hailstorm on my bike on the way to the match!
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Great day in WV1 bar good result and performance to match. Great start by dicko and showed good common sense for the second goal. Looked a bit rocky at the back at times but overall can't complain.
    Only annoyance was listening to WM on the way Paul Franks more interested in talking about Doyle and O'hara after a good win and claiming it's highly unlikely that we'll make the top two. He's desperate for us to lose to Walsall in the play offs, the club that can do no wrong in WM eyes.

And now the player ratings issued by andyc225 at 18:25 on Saturday the 25th of January 2014:

There are warnings of dross at Henry and Referee.

General synopsis: Comfortable 3-1 victory over relegation candidates. Marked improvement expected Henry by 19:45 on Tuesday. Miserable fans expected Bristol Temple Meads by 20:00 tonight.

McCarey: Comfortable 7 to very comfortable 8, occasionally deck chair 9. Almost nothing to do apart from penalty and saves from distance pot shots. Good.

Ricketts: Above average 6, occasionally 7 for a time. Caught out of position for the penalty situation. Moderate or good.
    Batth: Fantastic 9 to imperious 10. Handled JET well. Made important clearances. Very good or good.
    Stearman: Above average 6. Likes to go on mazy runs. Heart in mouth moments. Good, occasionally moderate.
    Golbourne: Above average 6 or perhaps average 5 for a time. Struggled with pace of opponents occasionally. Good or moderate.

McDonald: Excellent 8 to fantastic 9, perhaps imperious 10 for a time. Controlled midfield with Price. Good, occasionally very good.
    Price: Good 7 to excellent 8, perhaps fantastic 9 for a time later. Started slowly. Grew into the game and linked up with McDonald well. Good, occasionally very good for a time.

Henry: Dross 3 to poor 4. Struggled to get into the game. Selfish - shooting from ridiculous positions and not releasing the ball at times. Didn't link up with Jacobs effectively. Poor.
    Evans: Above average 6 to good 7. Linked up play well at times. Square peg in round hole in 4-4-2 formation but rapidly improved when pushed back. Good.
    Jacobs: Average 5 to above average 6. Lack of effective link up play with Henry at times and improved the right side later. Moderate, occasionally good.

Dicko: Excellent 8 to fantastic 9. Debut goal. Set up opposition own goal. Encouraging signs, good or very good.

Sako: Good 7 to excellent 8. Scored winning goal and tracked back effectively for a time. Good.
    Elokobi: Average 5. Little time for impact. Moderate.

Referee: Abysmal 1 to embarrassing 2, occasionally dross 3 for a time. Ridiculous decisions and out of his depth for a time. Very poor.
    Bristol City: Poor 4 to average 5. Occasional hoofball. Silent fans. Moderate or poor.

And that completes the player ratings.

Cheers Andy.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by andyc225 View Post
    And now the player ratings issued by andyc225 at 18:25 on Saturday the 25th of January 2014:

There are warnings of dross at Henry and Referee.

General synopsis: Comfortable 3-1 victory over relegation candidates. Marked improvement expected Henry by 19:45 on Tuesday. Miserable fans expected Bristol Temple Meads by 20:00 tonight.

McCarey: Comfortable 7 to very comfortable 8, occasionally deck chair 9. Almost nothing to do apart from penalty and saves from distance pot shots. Good.

Ricketts: Above average 6, occasionally 7 for a time. Caught out of position for the penalty situation. Moderate or good.
    Batth: Fantastic 9 to imperious 10. Handled JET well. Made important clearances. Very good or good.
    Stearman: Above average 6. Likes to go on mazy runs. Heart in mouth moments. Good, occasionally moderate.
    Golbourne: Above average 6 or perhaps average 5 for a time. Struggled with pace of opponents occasionally. Good or moderate.

McDonald: Excellent 8 to fantastic 9, perhaps imperious 10 for a time. Controlled midfield with Price. Good, occasionally very good.
    Price: Good 7 to excellent 8, perhaps fantastic 9 for a time later. Started slowly. Grew into the game and linked up with McDonald well. Good, occasionally very good for a time.

Henry: Dross 3 to poor 4. Struggled to get into the game. Selfish - shooting from ridiculous positions and not releasing the ball at times. Didn't link up with Jacobs effectively. Poor.
    Evans: Above average 6 to good 7. Linked up play well at times. Square peg in round hole in 4-4-2 formation but rapidly improved when pushed back. Good.
    Jacobs: Average 5 to above average 6. Lack of effective link up play with Henry at times and improved the right side later. Moderate, occasionally good.

Dicko: Excellent 8 to fantastic 9. Debut goal. Set up opposition own goal. Encouraging signs, good or very good.

Sako: Good 7 to excellent 8. Scored winning goal and tracked back effectively for a time. Good.
    Elokobi: Average 5. Little time for impact. Moderate.

Referee: Abysmal 1 to embarrassing 2, occasionally dross 3 for a time. Ridiculous decisions and out of his depth for a time. Very poor.
    Bristol City: Poor 4 to average 5. Occasional hoofball. Silent fans. Moderate or poor.

And that completes the player ratings.

excellent stuff Andy - although I think a touch harsh on Henry. Otherwise a great summary
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Langers is online now Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Enjoyed that - though it got off to a bad start having been caught in THAT storm. Wow.

Overall, a comfortable win against a side who will be seriously worried about their destination in May. I thought we occasionally lacked a bit of pace in midfield but the very heavy pitch didn't help that. Dicko's performance was encouraging, and he can't have played too much football recently either. Looks a clever player, though I'm shocked that he's been given the 2nd - I was convinced that was an OG off Williams.

A word on Sako - I have to give him credit here. When he came on, he looked really up for it, running at players, making space for himself and could have scored several. The one he did score was really well taken and he deserved it for his lively cameo. I still don't know whether he'll be here or not come the end of the window but if he is and he can replicate that form, that can only benefit us. What we don't want is a sulky Sako who doesn't look arsed. He was far from that today so credit due, Bakary.

The defence did okay except a few nervy moments but McCarey only really had to make routine saves. I don't think Brizzle had much width whatsoever so Baldock and JET were somewhat starved of service. So a more than comfortable victory - let's build on that and start to close the gap on the top 2. Play like that next week and I think we'll get another 3 points.

I think I say this every week but IMO the ref was a bit shit - no complaints with their penalty but how on earth we didn't get one just before Sako made it 3-1 I have no idea. A quite baffling decision which I thought we'd get purely because the ref gave so many niggly things against us that he may have tried to address the balance. He didn't. Tosser.

Poor Mini Langers was really cold by the end but was fine as we walked back to the station. A Kinder Egg and a bit of warmth later and he said he had a 'brilliant day and Wolves played great'. Oh, and he just told Mrs Langers that 'Daddy's loud friend was a bit quieter this time'. So there you go, Pad. He noticed an improvement.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Langers is online now Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post

excellent stuff Andy - although I think a touch harsh on Henry. Otherwise a great summary
    Yeah - very enjoyable verdict!! I wonder what UKIP have found out that produced that hail of biblical proportions?!
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Stearman was a bit of a disaster area today. Didn't have much to do, but managed to balls it up nearly every time!

KMac was imperious again. He's a joy to watch at the moment. He wants the ball, is so comfortable in possession, he's strong and can make space effortlessly. Hardly ever gives it away.

Price is a tidy little player. Nothing spectacular keeps thing ticking over and has great vision. Him and KMac have the means to boss the midfield all day.

Evans looked good in the advanced role again today. So much better than Edwards as Evans actually has a footballing brain. Great first time pass round the corner for Dicko's goal. He's a bit rough round the edges though and its prone to make the odd wrong decision but I, for one, am looking forward to watching him developed in the position.
    Both fullbacks played well coming forward. They play a vital part in this current system as neither Henry nor Jacobs spend much time out wide.

It didn't come off for Henry today. Wrong decisions all over the pitch. Need to find his form again as he's gone off the boil.
    Jacobs was very good again today. Should have gotten his shot away when he was put through by Evans late on, but he dallied a little bit and the defender got back in time. He worked hard though and played some nice stuff.

Dicko should be fairly happy with that debut. Took his goal with the kind of confidence you'd expect from an in form striker. Long may it continue.
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Hahahahaha

I tried really hard not to have a huge f-bomb count today! When we were denied the penalty, I will admit a small relapse but I dont think he noticed.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    Yeah - very enjoyable verdict!! I wonder what UKIP have found out that produced that hail of biblical proportions?!
    Kudos to Andy. I take it your suit next week will be ready for a win?
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    Dean Saunders has been up on Cannock chase???
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

liking the 'shipping forecast' version - thanks Andy.

Despite the known failings of the commentary the scores you have given for Henry & Sako very much mirror what was coming out over the Wolves Player. So good to have real time info & maybe they are not as bad as has been claimed.