Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MK 1 - Wolves 2 - a better than Saturday verdict thread

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    I don't think he's been ridiculed at all, unless I've missed something, perhaps you can show me where?
    Sav has been though (imo with some justification ) though he has recently started to improve and start to show his potential.
    "FFS Costa" with or without an apostrophe?

I don't think he's been ridiculed at all, unless I've missed something, perhaps you can show me where?
    So you dont think Saville has been lambasted to hell since he signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiwolf View Post
    Sav has been though (imo with some justification ) though he has recently started to improve and start to show his potential.
    I can't remember hearing ridicule in the stands or reading much ridicule on here. Edwards yes but not Saville, more of a 'not rating him' rather than he's so bad he reminds me of a dog chasing a balloon (Edwards).

I'm yet to be convinced so I hope he proves me wrong and he becomes a box-to-box midfielder that chips in the odd goal we need to play 3 in the middle. I haven't seen any of that yet and he's certainly no defensive or playmaking midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirkafleeg View Post
    So you dont think Saville has been lambasted to hell since he signed.
    No.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

Oh come on. He has been absolutely slaughtered.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Hahahaha ok mucka. I'll leave you too it..

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Its just Johnny playing the argument card. He loves it, let him get on with it.

Well as you pointed out, he hasn't played much football for us in his time here so he hasn't been slaughtered. He started very badly and he deserved the stick he took but then was shunted out on loan, and I think if most of were honest, completely forgot about him.

Some people think he's improving and haven't slaughtered him. I think he's a nothing player so you could say I've slaughtered him by not supporting him at all but Saville has had nowhere near the Edwards bashing (myself included).

Bottom line.

I dont think Saville or Coady are good enough footballers if you want to be top end Championship contenders.
    In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.

He started very badly and he deserved the stick he took.
    Disagree with both these points tbh.

He was definitely a scapegoat last year, his 5 starts were nowhere near as bad as people made out at the time and he was written off by a large section of our fans very quickly.

[cybermode]Always rated him myself. Knew he'd come good. [/cybermode]
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hélder Costa

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    Disagree with both these points tbh.

He was definitely a scapegoat last year, his 5 starts were nowhere near as bad as people made out at the time and he was written off by a large section of our fans very quickly.

I think those 5 starts were about as poor as you get for a new player; Blackpool, Derby and Brentford (I didn't see the Reading game) were all shocking games and whilst he certainly wasn't the worst player on the pitch he was awful.

But as I said I hope he does turn it around and become the box-to-box player he should be.

I think those 5 starts were about as poor as you get for a new player; Blackpool, Derby and Brentford (I didn't see the Reading game) were all shocking games and whilst he certainly wasn't the worst player on the pitch he was awful.

But as I said I hope he does turn it around and become the box-to-box player he should be.
    He was fine against Blackpool. Perfectly fine. Also played well vs Charlton & Reading.

Against Charlton he had the shot that hit the post and rolled across the line, against Reading he had a 1v1 saved after Evans put him in on goal and vs Derby he had that shot that just missed wide of the post. I accept that he was very poor vs Derby & Brentford but so was the whole team and he was a matter of inches away from scoring 3 in 5. If even 2 of them had gone in nobody would've written him off the way they did.

I think he also suffered because he was seen as being a potential replacement for the popular Jack Price and then some fans used the fact that that madman Cotterill didn't play him while he was out on loan as evidence that he wasn't good enough.

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Against Charlton he was actually pretty good and was unlucky not to score. Was taken off at half time as we brought Dicko on to go 4-4-2 but was only because the other two were Evans and McDonald who were solid first choice. Reading away he was decent. The Derby and brentford games did him in.

?

As I said I didn't see the Reading (or Charlton) game but I did see the other 3 and I disagree with you there Lycan I though he was terrible at Blackpool but then the whole team was (particular props to Edwards and McD who were shocking).

But I think both of you are right the Derby and Brentford games did him in and he looked completely lost in the latter game. Some youngsters thrive on that and crumbled, but I'm glad he's come back a better player. I should say technically I think he's OK but everything else is just a bit Tommy Rowe.

I should say technically I think he's OK but everything else is just a bit Tommy Rowe.
    I would say that in terms of stamina and tenacity he's up there with Edwards as one of the best in the squad as well. KJ asks a lot of his players but he simply doesn't tire.

Ken has talked about him getting better as he gets stronger as well so I'd imagine that he'll be given a program to work on over the summer and will come back a lot bigger for the start of next season. While I disagree with Ken's obsession for bulking players up Sav could definitely use it, he does look a little lightweight at times.

Thanks for the report Stan. Clearly Zyro's injury which appears to be yet another cruciate is a terrible thing, birthed catalyst having two forwards on the pitch....strangely we them looked like scoring, who'd have thunk it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    I would say that in terms of stamina and tenacity he's up there with Edwards as one of the best in the squad as well. KJ asks a lot of his players but he simply doesn't tire.
    This is why I hope he becomes a good box-to-box player. A foil for Price who can keep the ball moving. If we persist with 4-3-3 we need a creative player like Evans to step up, if we move to 4-4-2 then we certainly need to add some serious pace so Saville can prosper in getting forward.

Either way I hope Saville develops well (no cybermode)

I don't see the link player we need in a 3 of Coady, Saville and Price. I like Evans, but this season at Bradford a team that is having a good season he has 2 goals and 2 assists so don't see him as that player either. Mason I see as a second forward rather than a link in a 3. If that player is currently at the club it's Wallace or Zyro.

Cybermode is (c) copyright Cyber-_-man but as you respect it so much you both have permission to use it. All royalties to charity please.

Either way I hope Saville develops well (no cybermode)
    Johnny75

Lycan

https://twitter.com/Michal_Zyro/stat...880058880?s=09

......but the incompetent ref and linesman saw it!

Scandalous. Actually worse than it looked on the still from last night.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

It was certainly a very poor challenge, and really he should have been sent off.

That challenge is the most obvious straight red you could ever wish to see.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

MK 1 - Wolves 2 - a better than Saturday verdict thread

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMunro-371 View Post
    It was certainly a very poor challenge, and really he should have been sent off.
    We are going to lose a player for the best part of a year though Frank if the initial diagnosis is correct. Meanwhile the player ref and linesman will all be on the pitch on Saturday. Is that fair?

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    That is a disgraceful challenge. How on earth has he escaped a straight red!!! Our injury prone player is lucky to have his leg still attached.

What the hell was the ref doing there? He was in the perfect position!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    We are going to lose a player for the best part of a year though Frank if the initial diagnosis is correct, meanwhile the player ref and linesman will all be on the pitch on Saturday. Is that fair?
    No it isn't. The challenge was disgraceful, and I am very disappointed that the officials did not take the only course of action open to them. Was the MK Dons player cautioned for that assault?

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    He got a yellow

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMunro-371 View Post
    No it isn't. The challenge was disgraceful, and I am very disappointed that the officials did not take the only course of action open to them. Was the MK Dons player cautioned for that assault?
    Yes, he got a yellow, so nothing more will come of it. It's always easy to get at you because your are a ref and on this occasion I really don't mean to, but he needs to be held to account for that. Ultimately we won, ironically the change it brought about probably helped us, but we now have a player that won't be on the pitch until 2017 and he's had zero justice for it.

That challenge is the most obvious straight red you could ever wish to see.
    There's been worse.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.