Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wolves 0 - Blackburn 0 - going for a new record verdict thread

Quote Originally Posted by ROVERT47 View Post
    No problem, worked his bollocks off, constantly broke up opposition attacks, provided the best pass of the game to Sigurdarson who hadn't got a clue what to do with it.
    Which pass was that?

Last edited by Aikiwolf; 9th April 2016 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Double post
    "FFS Costa" with or without an apostrophe?

No problem, worked his bollocks off, constantly broke up opposition attacks, provided the best pass of the game to Sigurdarson who hadn't got a clue what to do with it.
    I thought Price covered more ground and worked harder than Coady. If anything I thought Price was covering more than his personal 3rd of the pitch. I also thought Price broke play up more effectively.

I'm not sure what pass you are referring too, perhaps the highlights on 5 will refresh my memory?

I will give Coady credit for making intelligent runs out wide right, something I've noticed he does do well, despite most of our team ignoring him when he does this. Despite the intelligent runs wide, I think his first touch was fairly poor today, and when the ball did pop out to him he didn't create anything.

Jack price hit some awful passes in the second half.

Ikeme MoTM 3 decent saves that got us the point
    Iorfa and Doherty solid enough
    Hause. He worries me, I like the fact he tries to pass the ball rather than hoof it, but he gives it to the opposition or kicks it out more often than not, his positioning leaves a lot to be desired as well. What I've seen of him in the last 18 months doesn't match the hype. He is still young but way behind Lescott for example at the same age
    Batth. Typical performance some good challenges and headers, woeful distribution one of which lead to Ikeme needing to make a good save.
    Henry, looked the most likely to create something but final ball often lacking and continually hit the first man from set pieces
    Coady and Price individually played well, Price marginally the better. As a two though it just doesn't work, both too deep and neither drive us forwards
    Saville, had a decent chance with a header, opted to knock it across rather than at goal. Doesn't suit left of the rhombus and don't want to see him there again
    Mason, not in the game, started in his favoured position apart from fluffing a chance from the Saville knock back he wasn't expecting was none existent
    ALF, fairly lively, touch often too heavy, nice bit of skill to create himself a one on one with the keeper which he blasted over
    Siggy, he had our shot on target! Really it was tame though. He and Henry should have created a goal when in the box, but from the NB I couldn't tell whether it was a poor ball or poor anticipation.
    Bright, a box of tricks who will infuriate and excite. Didn't like his dive on the left wing Ojoesque and needs to make runs into the box rather than hang outside when the ball is out wide
    Hunte, first time I've seen him, so won't be too harsh. Caught Henry's first man disease.

Coady hit a cracking pass into Sigurdarson in he second half from the right wing, he was open with only the goalie to beat but froze.

I thought that was Henry?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    I thought that was Henry?
    I thought it was Coady but I'll take it back if proof can be shown.

I thought it was Coady but I'll take it back if proof can be shown.
    You were SB, I was NB so you are probably right!

Coady hit a cracking pass into Sigurdarson in he second half from the right wing, he was open with only the goalie to beat but froze.
    I really don't remember that, i remember Sigurdarson's shot from the edge of the box and i remember Coady's pass to Henry when he then decided to take too long and then eventually when he played it it was to far in front of Siggy.

This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hélder Costa

In the future I'd like Kenny to just sing a song in the after match interview.

Suzanne by Leonard Cohen would be nice tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    What a crock of shite!
    Hold the door...

Quote Originally Posted by Papper View Post
    In the future I'd like Kenny to just sing a song in the after match interview.

Suzanne by Leonard Cohen would be nice tonight.
    Or "The Sound of Silence" though perhaps "Blind" by Korn would be more appropriate!

As long as "The Downward Spiral" by Nine Inch Nails doesn't make an appearences next season....

Another hard to review game. Nothing really happened so what can you say.

Bright offered some hope for the future, cannot understand how Coady is getting any kind of positive reviews. Terrible footballer.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Why did he just repeat himself for 4 minutes?
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

One fucking shot on target at home is fucking unacceptable. Bloody awful. Lucky to get nil. Roll on June

The best chance we had today was Mason after a Henry cross to Saville, it was blocked from six yards by a Blackburn defender with his hand imo. That shot hasn't counted for the shots on target stat but it definitely was.

My mum was in town today, she said to me shall I check the Wolves score for you, I said no, it will be 0-0 so don't waste your time, she got the remote and 60 seconds later shouted through that it was 0-0, bloody mums, never listen.

Yes but we all love our mums...

We normally ended up fairly near the end of Match of the Day when we were in the Premier league - the fact that we were almost an afterthought for Channel 5s highlights tonight tells you all you need to know about our season
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Parkins left foot View Post
    We normally ended up fairly near the end of Match of the Day when we were in the Premier league - the fact that we were almost an afterthought for Channel 5s highlights tonight tells you all you need to know about our season
    They seem to do that on purpose, even when we drew at Burnley it took them 40 minutes to show it, as they conveniently decided to start at the bottom of the table. And when we played on Friday they took forever to show it despite nearly always showing that game first.
    Hold the door...

Didn't think I'd see a worse game than Ipswich ever. Well this game proved me wrong. Ikeme made one excellent save and a couple of other decent ones. Their keeper read Lord of the Rings and checked his bets occasionally.
    The problem seems to me to be our midfield. Individually none of the 3 were terrible but they all lack pace and are of the hard working, unimaginative type, who don't really get forward effectively. Saville might be able to adapt to a more attacking role but not as a left winger as today.
    ALF and Mason anonymous as was Siggy when he came on. Nice to see Bright who at least like to make things happen. Thought Hunte did little of interest but he is very young.
    Without a takeover I fear another dull, dull season next year and a further reduction in crowds.

We say without a takeover it will be dull. We don't have to be the best team to play attacking football. We can score lots of goals and still finish 12th.

Saying that, I look at all the dross we play at home. Ipswich and blues are in the the playoff hunt and they are just as boring/shit as us.

Basically the top 4/5 keep winning and the bottom 4/5 are the same (bar Bolton). Then us mid table folk are just drawing to each other. That's the reason we've managed to stay 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    We say without a takeover it will be dull. We don't have to be the best team to play attacking football. We can score lots of goals and still finish 12th.

Saying that, I look at all the dross we play at home. Ipswich and blues are in the the playoff hunt and they are just as boring/shit as us.

Basically the top 4/5 keep winning and the bottom 4/5 are the same (bar Bolton). Then us mid table folk are just drawing to each other. That's the reason we've managed to stay 12th.
    I was having a discussion at the game and the point i was making was that another manager could get an extra few % out of these players and with a better tactical plan we could quite easily be in the play-offs despite us not being that good. I would also rather we attacked and scored goals rather than this negative boring nonsense that inevitably means drawing a lot of games, 12th wouldn't be so bad if we looked good in the odd game or to.

Agree on the likes of Ipswich and Blues, i've missed 2 home games so far but of all those i have seen i've not been impressed by any of them. The standard of the league isn't very good and the £30 million Boro and Derby have spent is not needed to make an impact, good quality recruitment and a tactically versatile manager is.

Quote Originally Posted by slink View Post
    I was having a discussion at the game and the point i was making was that another manager could get an extra few % out of these players and with a better tactical plan we could quite easily be in the play-offs despite us not being that good. I would also rather we attacked and scored goals rather than this negative boring nonsense that inevitably means drawing a lot of games, 12th wouldn't be so bad if we looked good in the odd game or to.

Agree on the likes of Ipswich and Blues, i've missed 2 home games so far but of all those i have seen i've not been impressed by any of them. The standard of the league isn't very good and the £30 million Boro and Derby have spent is not needed to make an impact, good quality recruitment and a tactically versatile manager is.
    Exactly it's fine margins. Warnock has Rotherham in promotion form. These players can all play football at this level. A good tactical plan, Good coaching, bit of motivation and a few key players and you can be right up there (basically wolves when we got promoted)

Coady is the new Edwards it seems. Scapegoat.

Coady did ok, no better or worse than Price.

Batth and Hause were both terrible, absolutely woeful. How anyone can call Coady the worst on the pitch is beyond me.
    Saville was very poor too, out of position mind.
    "I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing."

Did Anybody else find it surprising how ALF and Mason played like strangers given they've trained and played together here and at Cardiff? Wasn't expecting Sutton and Shearer but they really were clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by slink View Post
    The best chance we had today was Mason after a Henry cross to Saville, it was blocked from six yards by a Blackburn defender with his hand imo. That shot hasn't counted for the shots on target stat but it definitely was.
    It was given as offside

Quote Originally Posted by North West Wanderer View Post
    Coady is the new Edwards it seems. Scapegoat.
    Maybe neither of them are scapegoats and people just don't like midfielders with absolutely zero technical ability?
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook