Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Non League Football.

I can only go off the report which clearly showed two benches of different numbers and they weren't five.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Stourbridge won 2-0 tonight to consolidate 2nd place - that league is ridiculously close between 2nd and 8th.

Tight game, the late 2nd goal calmed the nerves and the win was deserved so that's 6 points in 3 days after a bit of a dodgy spell so hopefully they can kick on and secure their play off spot (Blyth are well clear at the top).
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    Stourbridge won 2-0 tonight to consolidate 2nd place - that league is ridiculously close between 2nd and 8th.

Tight game, the late 2nd goal calmed the nerves and the win was deserved so that's 6 points in 3 days after a bit of a dodgy spell so hopefully they can kick on and secure their play off spot (Blyth are well clear at the top).
    I wish them well. What is the average attendance for Stourbridge home games?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMunro-371 View Post
    I wish them well. What is the average attendance for Stourbridge home games?
    Much higher than in previous years - there were about 750 there tonight which is pretty good for a chilly Monday night. They get around 1000 on average I think.

I've been before when the attendance was 92!
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Much higher than in previous years - there were about 750 there tonight which is pretty good for a chilly Monday night. They get around 1000 on average I think.

I've been before when the attendance was 92!
    I think they must be one of the best supported teams in the league. Barwell average about 240.

I have just looked at the league table, and it is really tight. Seven or maybe even eight teams could still make the play offs.

7,000 fans at Sincil Bank tonight. Top v bottom, straight forward it would seem. Not so, York were the better team and must be very disappointed not to win. The general consensus of the locals was that the Imps had one eye on the Arsenal game. The only saving grace is that Dagenham and Redbridge lost, so Lincoln are a point better off despite not playing very well.

Stourbridge won 5-3 today - typically a game I couldn't get to! It was 4-3 at half time - 5 different Glassboys scorers.

They've now won 3 on the spin in 2nd place and are 7 clear of the last play off space. Pleased they've recovered from their recent poor run. Maybe Gary Hackett could have a chat to Paul Lambert...?

Lincoln win and Tranmere lose. That could be very important come the end of he season.

Lincoln win and Tranmere lose. That could be very important come the end of he season.
    6 point gap now; Tranmere and Forest Green would need a miracle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joćo Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

Stourbridge win the Number 9 derby against Halesowen 1-0.

4 on the spin now!!

Lincoln City now out of the FA Trophy after losing the two legged semi final against York City. Just the league to concentrate on now.

Stourbridge also lost at play off rivals Workington, but still look well placed.

Stourbridge also lost at play off rivals Workington, but still look well placed.
    They play again tonight, at home to Ilkeston (assuming the bloody rain doesn't soak the pitch that is). I'll probably head down - they should win this as Ilkeston are 2nd from bottom.

They play again tonight, at home to Ilkeston (assuming the bloody rain doesn't soak the pitch that is). I'll probably head down - they should win this as Ilkeston are 2nd from bottom.
    A game they need to win to keep their noses in front of the chasing pack. Good luck to them.

A game they need to win to keep their noses in front of the chasing pack. Good luck to them.
    Yeah their form is the polar opposite to Wolves at the moment!! Had an amazing run in February but only picked up 1 point from the last 2 games. It'd be nice for both Wolves and Stourbridge to win at the same time for a change!

They really should be okay for the play offs though - key players are returning to fitness, they've got the league's top scorer who'll play much better with better supply (their first choice wingers have both been out for a while) and except Blyth who are well clear at the top, they shouldn't fear of anyone else.

3-1 to Stourbridge tonight, coming back from 0-1 at half time but it was pretty much one way traffic. God knows how they were behind at the break.

I actually heard one bloke boo them off at half time! Never heard that kind of fickle nonsense at Stourbridge before.

Enjoyed it - very entertaining game.

3-1 to Stourbridge tonight, coming back from 0-1 at half time but it was pretty much one way traffic. God knows how they were behind at the break.

I actually heard one bloke boo them off at half time! Never heard that kind of fickle nonsense at Stourbridge before.

Enjoyed it - very entertaining game.
    I am pleased they won, but it does show you can never take any game for granted. As things stand you may well end up playing Workington in the play offs.

Lincoln City v Forest Green Rovers about to kick off. The top two in the league, a massive game for both clubs.

A bad mistake and Forest Green take the lead.

1 - 0 at half time. Lincoln need to improve after the break.

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    1 - 0 at half time. Lincoln need to improve after the break.
    Fair to say they did that

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Fair to say they did that
    I think that Forest Green Rovers did not help themselves. The first half they were very good but came out after the interval and invited Lincoln City onto them, and that is what happened.

Next up for Lincoln is Sutton United away on Tuesday.

Lincoln and Tranmere both won yesterday, so it is neck and neck at the top. Forest Green lost so it is now a two horse race for automatic promotion.

A big game tonight. Lincoln City v Dagenham and Redbridge. A win for the Imps is vital as five of Tranmeres last seven games are at home.

Lincoln and Tranmere both win again. Lincoln have a game in hand, but Tranmere scored 7 today to narrow the goal difference.

Tranmere won 9-0 didn't they?
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    Yes you are correct. It was 7 when we got the taxi to the pub. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    Good, I hope they go down. Liam McDonald is a wanker

Lincoln City beat Chester 1 -0, while Tranmere lost 1 - 0 at home to Forest Green Rovers. 10 points from their remaining five games guarantees Lincolns return to the football league.

So the scenario is quite simple. If Lincoln win tomorrow, and Tranmere fail to win then the Imps will be back in the football league.

Meanwhile things are very tight in the fight for play off places in the Northern Premier League, with Stourbridge still in the play off positions, but must be looking over their shoulders at the chasing pack.