Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves 0 v 1 Leeds: The Verdict Thread

Wolves 0 v 1 Leeds: The Verdict Thread

Nowhere near good enough from the sound of it. Haven't been able to follow the game so will be good to hear from those who went.

Is Walt's time coming to an end?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Villa a team we comprehensively outplayed last week now above us ffs. Not a happy fan. It is not good enough especially at home
    Remember, remember we are shit in November .

Not at the game so obviously not too clued up. From the sounds of it we were ok first half and then awful second half, and gifted them a goal.

Don't particularly want Walt to lose his job but have a feeling it may have been his last game.

Interested to know fans reaction/ where they are laying blame? Walt? Players? General apathy?

Zenga in the shit I think. People can scream about Ikeme/Edwards/Doc etc all they like but not not scoring goals with Bod/Dicko/Costa/TeX/Cav in the side is very worrying
    FJRWolf

See ya Walter
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

Wolves player wasn't working for a lot of the first half but when it did we sounded very ineffective. Loads of mongs on the FB comments moaning about Zenga now and how we should have got Bruce! Or kept Jackett, or how we should be aiming for Sam Alladyce.

Not sure what the answer is without having seen the games but it doesn't sound like the tempo is right in the final 3rd. Too early to panic though as seem to be on the cusp of potentially being better than our current results and position.

The answer is not Bruce, it is not Allardyce, it is not Jackett.

Equally it is not Zenga.
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft
    Quote Originally Posted by big mean bunny View Post
    Wolves player wasn't working for a lot of the first half but when it did we sounded very ineffective. Loads of mongs on the FB comments moaning about Zenga now and how we should have got Bruce! Or kept Jackett, or how we should be aiming for Sam Alladyce.

Not sure what the answer is without having seen the games but it doesn't sound like the tempo is right in the final 3rd. Too early to panic though as seem to be on the cusp of potentially being better than our current results and position.
    Multiply that by 11 and – voilŗ! – life mirrors art.

First half was ok but that 2nd half was pure tripe summed up by Doherty defending for the winning goal.
    We look lost once we went behind, whilst the back is a problem we look a soft touch going forward and easy to play against.
    Really concerned with the home form and the regularity we are putting poor displays.

It's a possibility he could go tonight. We were crap in the second half but absolutely livid at Doherty for that piece of play. You could see it coming a mile off. Dreadful attitude all day.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

To be brutally honest it was rubbish, we may have a few technically gifted players now but we look no different than we have for years, a Club that will have one decent season in about eight or ten.
    The ambition of the new owners is about to be tested.

I may not agree with it, but I'll be surprised if WZ is our coach on Saturday next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo„o Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

According to Tim II, Zenga is pleased with how we played

One bright spark.....Edwards,tried to motivate the team till the end.
    Bod,s worst game...gets touched and flails around on the floor,very frustrating.
    Dicko isnt fit and off the pace but needs games to get fit....double edged sword.
    Tex just hangs onto the ball way too long and ends up overcomplicating attacks
    But was our best player first half.
    Doherty just fuck off please.
    Thought silvio did ok and please no moaning about the ref...he let so many things go
    today that other pinicky refs would have stopped the match time and again for.
    "It was dear old sweet dumpy Wolverhampton"

Any remaining illusions that Fosun and Mendez had built a promotion side at the start of the season were surely shattered today.
    Dreadful defending for the goal. We also missed an absolute sitter in the last few minutes.
    In many ways I hope Walter is given the season to see what he can achieve, but at present we are miles away from where we need to be

Quote Originally Posted by Trips View Post
    According to Tim II, Zenga is pleased with how we played
    We were OK first half without creating or threatening much. Abysmal second half.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

WM seem to think WZ has gone....hope not tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by sycophantia View Post
    Zenga in the $#@! I think. People can scream about Ikeme/Edwards/Doc etc all they like but not not scoring goals with Bod/Dicko/Costa/TeX/Cav in the side is very worrying
    You never win any game in the league if you score nil
    Remember, remember we are shit in November .

I'm not really bothered if Zenga goes was a strange appointment in the first place. Doherty and Hause can go too for all I care. Not investing in a decent CB costing us now, Leeds defence was organised strong and everything ours wasn't.

Freddeno is offline Koscielny Fan Club President, PTG Euro Winner 2016 and all round FPU artist - Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    our defence and goalies are killing us, why doesnt anybody in charge address it?

Another Saturday afternoon I've left Molineux throughly pissed off. Something has to give it's just not good enough....yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Revenga View Post
    I'm not really bothered if Zenga goes was a strange appointment in the first place. Doherty and Hause can go too for all I care. Not investing in a decent CB costing us now, Leeds defence was organised strong and everything ours wasn't.
    Ive not been Hause biggest fan, but he's actually Been ok since he's come back in. Horribly lax in possession though and just clumsy with the ball at his feet.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    Ive not been Hause biggest fan, but he's actually Been ok since he's come back in. Horribly lax in possession though and just clumsy with the ball at his feet.
    For me the defence only started playing like startled deer after the goal.
    Couldnt see Leeds scoring unless it was our fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by playtheace View Post
    For me the defence only started playing like startled deer after the goal.
    Couldnt see Leeds scoring unless it was our fuck up.
    For sure. My mate said at half time it will be 0-0. I said one of the teams will make a mistake as we are both rubbish. Neither team was going to unlock the other, although wood had a few decent strikes.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Quote Originally Posted by freddeno View Post
    our defence and goalies are killing us, why doesnt anybody in charge address it?
    I'm afraid even allowing for the coaches inability to coach our defence, its mainly down to individual errors and we can't do shit till January. Maybe if Zenga gets the bullet, Rob Edwards could instil some defensive co-ordination. But I still think we ain't scoring anywhere near enough.
    FJRWolf

I really don't know where to start. May as well start with pointing out that we weren't very good yet should have won. No idea what was going on in Zenga's mind today with the formation and there were still no tactics at all. We were just hoping that Costa and Teixeira were going to come up with something and they did but their end product wasn't good enough.

The referee was awful again, he got so many decisions wrong but they were for both teams. We have had some bad ones who have given everything against us but he just didn't have a clue.

Ratings for our players;

Ikeme - Couldn't do a lot about the goal, still has lead in his boots but did make a great save in the first half that he tipped on to the bar which was strangely given as a goal kick.

Silvio - I thought he was solid at right back, looked composed but was sloppy in possession a few times after defending well.

Batth - Bullied by Wood a little but not especially troubled. I thought he caught his man with a sliding tackle in the second half and a penalty should have been given but haven't seen it again. Still not great in possession.

Hause - I thought he did well in the first, one of our best attacks came through him coming out from the back but second half he looked like he had never seen the ball before with error after error. He still defended pretty well though.

Doherty - May as well played without a left back, he was never at it and should have been taken off at half time, only problem was there wasn't anyone to really replace him because when he was replaced Coady at right back should not happen. His mistake for the goal is unforgivable, no idea what he was doing.

Saiss - Good at what he does, still looks a class above but there was so much space around him it was unreal.

Edwards - Work off the ball was different grade, pinched the ball so many times but still not quick enough or good enough with the ball.

Costa - He's such a threat but his end product isn't always there, should have got us a point right at the end but blazed over. Had 2 shots that skimmed the roof of the net which would have dipped in on another day. Still gets kicked off the park too with no protection from the referees.

Teixeira - Best player for me, he looks like creating so much but either he or someone else then wastes it. Should have scored and Dicko should have scored from his bit of skill but both were wasteful.

Bodvarsson - I think we put Gladon on in Bod's shirt. He was probably along with Doherty the worst player and by a long way. His touch was off completely, his second touch was him trying to win it back off the Leeds player he had controlled it too. Didn't look fit if i'm honest and spent most of the first half on the floor although he was caught quite hard twice, somehow played all game.

Dicko - Still well of the pace but better than Bod. Had he been on it would have scored twice, one from a Leeds back pass that he wasn't quick enough to react to and then once from a Teixeira pass that he took one touch too many

SUBS

Cavaleiro - Doesn't seem like he's played left wing a lot and he's not as quick as Costa but he is a threat in his own way. We have to find a way for him to play because he definitely has the quality but can't keep being asked to do it from the bench when we are struggling.

Coady - Nutmegged within a minute of coming on and looked all at sea, looked like he could play right back if needed earlier in the season but not on this showing.

John - Was only on in spirit for the first 10 minutes he was on as he didn't do anything at all but in the last 5 minutes played a great pass inside the full back to Cavaleiro and then his cross set up Costa for the chance at the end.

I like Zenga and he talks a great game and he's very likable all round but he just doesn't have it. Tactically non existent and blatantly obvious players don't understand this system or the one we have been playing. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes and pretty quickly because i don't think he can turn it around, when we have played well we have looked really good but there are too many halves or games when we look poor and players lack the understanding of what is expected of them. Leeds were worse than us but the fact that they knew what system they were playing and have a style helps them and that's why some of the clubs that are above us who we have beaten are there. You don't have to be great in this league if you know what you're doing, the problem is our players are better than most of the other teams and with better management would be right up there imo.

Probably should say Zenga can't do a lot about individual errors but those errors wouldn't be so costly if we were bossing games like we should and we would then see less errors.

I put this on the Manager thread 10 days ago....

Bruce will get Villa into the play offs this season. Like Mick and Colin he's a good Championship manager that doesn't over complicate the way you need to play in this league and although their defence is suspect their attacking options are as good as anything anyone else has.

Since then Bruce and Colin have both got 7 points from 3 games. If you are a competent Championship manager who knows how to set the side up in this league with a reasonable squad it really ain't difficult. Ours should finish somewhere between 5th and 10th we won't under Zenga.

Text from a mate of mine who is a ST holder after I asked him what his take on it was:
    Mixture of Portuguese ***** and very ordinary championship players, no hope I'm afraid. Zenga not doing anything particularly wrong , just no ammunition.
    I trust his judgement.

EDITED BY ADMIN
    Last edited by Kenny; 22nd October 2016 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Unacceptable language and phrase
    'I never predict anything and I never will'......Paul Gascoigne.

Your mate sounds like a knob.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Your mate sounds like a knob.
    Good footballer though.
    'I never predict anything and I never will'......Paul Gascoigne.