Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Wolves 0 v 1 Leeds: The Verdict Thread

They are hardly rejects are they? Have you looked at their release clauses at Benfica?
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    If Costa and Tex are rejects. I will take a few more of them

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Wolf View Post
    The big problem at Wolves for Zenga is he may well want a CB or LB but Mendez could easily chuck him 3 wingers in January. Zenga is there to manage with what he is given and its looking mostly like Portuguese rejects. Fosun wont have a clue about either and will just see the league position, money spent and call for Zenga's head.
    Another obsessed with the Mendes boogeyman myth.

The relationship between Mendes and Wolves/Fosun is symbiotic and it's simply not in his interest to undermine the efforts to get us promoted. If he keeps sending underperforming duds or identifying players in the wrong positions using your hypothetical eventually Fosun/Shi stop trusting and when/if Premier League money arrives he'll be on the outside looking in. Especially if he pisses on his investors shoes. Because of our current standing it adds an additional layer of security against a Valencia type scenario because he couldn't monopolise us now and by the time we are promoted Shi will have a greater feel for running a football club and Mendes' advisory role won't be as needed. Will he still play a role in transfers, probably, like a host of other resources at our disposal we'd be foolish not to utilise.

Langers is online now Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    If Costa and Tex are rejects. I will take a few more of them
    Nah, give me quality permanent signings with REAL flair like Steve Corica and Seol.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    I wouldn't.

Coady or Evans or just about anybody should be ahead of Jack overrated.
    YTou watch the games, and i still have no idea how you can say that, Price, Coady, Edwards? in ball control alone it's a one horse race.
    "Never enter into a battle of wits, with an unarmed man"

Quote Originally Posted by Lincs_Wolf View Post
    Another obsessed with the Mendes boogeyman myth.

The relationship between Mendes and Wolves/Fosun is symbiotic and it's simply not in his interest to undermine the efforts to get us promoted. If he keeps sending underperforming duds or identifying players in the wrong positions using your hypothetical eventually Fosun/Shi stop trusting and when/if Premier League money arrives he'll be on the outside looking in. Especially if he pisses on his investors shoes. Because of our current standing it adds an additional layer of security against a Valencia type scenario because he couldn't monopolise us now and by the time we are promoted Shi will have a greater feel for running a football club and Mendes' advisory role won't be as needed. Will he still play a role in transfers, probably, like a host of other resources at our disposal we'd be foolish not to utilise.
    As i have always said, the Mendes plan is to throw as much of what he has at Wolves and hope some of it sticks. Of the 13, how many do you still rate as serious players?

The manage was a last ditch choice, (though i still like him, which is different from rating him) and the ruck of players that followed was a lottery at best.

If Fosun are serious i won't be surprised at what happens in the next weeks, but have they got a footballing clue alongside the megabucks? we'll see.
    "Never enter into a battle of wits, with an unarmed man"

I'd peg four of our summer signings as not worth bothering with: Lonergan (who was pre-takeover anyway), Stearman, Gladon and John. All of the others are good signings.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Mendes hasn't been involved in all of our signings either.

Langers is online now Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    I'd peg four of our summer signings as not worth bothering with: Lonergan (who was pre-takeover anyway), Stearman, Gladon and John. All of the others are good signings.
    Yeah I'd agree with that - and it's not like any of these have featured much either.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by pavlosmacwolf View Post
    As i have always said, the Mendes plan is to throw as much of what he has at Wolves and hope some of it sticks. Of the 13, how many do you still rate as serious players?

The manage was a last ditch choice, (though i still like him, which is different from rating him) and the ruck of players that followed was a lottery at best.

If Fosun are serious i won't be surprised at what happens in the next weeks, but have they got a footballing clue alongside the megabucks? we'll see.
    Of the 13 how many are represented by Mendes? You obviously seem to know, please enlighten me.

We've been here before, but of the Summer signings the following were Mendes'
    Costa (hit)
    Teix (hit)
    Silvio (jury out, one league game at right back)
    Cav (jury out, not given a run on the left)
    John (jury out, but looks like a favour signing)
    Zenga (enough said)