Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Manager chat.

Next Manager chat.

Looks like this is true if Tim II is tweeting it.

https://twitter.com/tim_spiers_Star/...96666115186688

Jinky is offline Has better things to do and a life. Also a total arse.
    "I understand that Walter Zenga has been sacked as Wolves boss".

Decent bloke and all that,wanted him to do well,but looks as though he was as bad as his CV said he was

From Dudley to Malta and back to Stourbridge
    It must be assumed then that a replacement will be announced shortly
    We're all doomed

From Dudley to Malta and back to Stourbridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    Decent bloke and all that,wanted him to do well,but looks as though he was as bad as his CV said he was
    a lot of heart & passion, but little technical ability
    We're all doomed

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft
    Sad it didn't work out but, on the basis of 'anything is better than this', not sorry it's happened sooner rather than later.

Not a surprise if you ask me. It's been coming a while since pretty much everyone realised Zenga hadn't got a clue tactically. Massive appointment coming up though so early in their reign for FOSUN, get it wrong and i think there will be a lot of fans worried and very sceptical.

My reaction was as though someone got killed, my whole office wondered what was up. (Massive gasp) I didn't expect it this soon but probably for the best.
    Me gusta cerveza.

He made some bizarre decisions, but was also responsible for some fine attacking play at times. Don't forget we finished the Villa game with 9 of Kenny's players and that second half performance was in a different realm to what we saw under KJ the year before.

I can understand why some people might be happy but 14 games? Is that all we're giving managers now?

Ultimately being 18th in this division is absolutely unacceptable given the investment, we're getting worse not better and there's no credit left in the bank as he has no record of ever turning this around.

Nice guy, but right to make the move now, absolutely no point in wasting time when everyone can see it's not going to work out.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

At least they have moved whilst the season is still salvageable. Monumental appointment coming up though. You'd have to think it won't be long till the replacement is in situ.

No real surprise. I have to say Fosun didn't strike me as an organisation to fuck around and dither and they have not. He had a decent number of games. Lovely chap shit manager
    Carole Baskin is to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedgley Wolf View Post
    He made some bizarre decisions, but was also responsible for some fine attacking play at times.
    In our last eight league games we have scored eight goals, that includes an own goal, a penalty, a wide free kick which went straight in and an injury time breakaway after Brentford had nine players in our final third. It wasn't working at either end of the pitch.

Twitter
    Facebook

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    I feel quite sad about this - certainly sadder than I did about Solbakken leaving because I really really hoped it would have worked for him.

But I can't argue with the decision - I 100% agree with Deutsch's post.

Thanks Walter - genuinely wish him well and sorry it didn't work out.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I hope it isn't another Mendes appointed manager.

If it's Marco Silva then i do. His record at all 3 clubs is more than good enough, yes he doesn't know the Championship but he knows football and that will do for me.

Shame...Top bloke but wasn't the man Fosun wanted. They clearly couldn't get target number two either and had no intention of letting Kenny drag things on so made the appointment in the hope that it would work and get us to a place where they could attract a top (ish) manager.

I'm hoping that "money talks" in our chase of his replacement
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    In our last eight league games we have scored eight goals, that includes an own goal, a penalty, a wide free kick which went straight in and an injury time breakaway after Brentford had nine players in our final third. It wasn't working at either end of the pitch.
    I did say 'at times'. And at times we looked very close to being a very good team for this level.

Like I say, I understand why people were frustrated with him but this extremely limited timeframe which is now going to be imposed on any new Wolves boss worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedgley Wolf View Post
    He made some bizarre decisions, but was also responsible for some fine attacking play at times. Don't forget we finished the Villa game with 9 of Kenny's players and that second half performance was in a different realm to what we saw under KJ the year before.

I can understand why some people might be happy but 14 games? Is that all we're giving managers now?
    The answer is yes. If we can't score one end and can't defend at the other something has to change and you can't add players until January. What price big Sam? We have a history with ex england bosses even though it doesn't end well. Personally another foreign coach will come I think. Flores? Silva?

quite liked the guy, but had to happen.
    it is not that I have no past. rather, it continually fragments on the terrible and vivid ephemera of now.

Quote Originally Posted by slink View Post
    If it's Marco Silva then i do. His record at all 3 clubs is more than good enough, yes he doesn't know the Championship but he knows football and that will do for me.
    Agreed. Would be a ridiculous coup at this level realistically.

Twitter
    Facebook

No not a massive surprise.
    I was hoping that FOSUN were going to give him some time to turn things around during the coming easier group of fixtures, but sadly his time is up.

I think we were all pretty gobsmacked and non-plussed by the appointment, and given his patchy managerial career, I guess ultimately, the gamble was doomed to failure,
    WZ won many doubters over with his passion and enthusiasm, but clearly, he was out of his depth and it was plain to see the pressure that he's was under in recent weeks.

What a shame I love a manager with charisma and Walter has that. I assume someone is on their way as we speak.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

It's all a bit 'unreal', isn't it. It always seemed to me that Zenga was clearly not first choice. His track record is inconsistent, to say the least. To get rid of him after only 14 games in charge shows that something is wrong at WWFC. It will be interesting to see who Jeff and his pals have lined up to take over. I doubt if it will be an Englishman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wales is not like California in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by croxdenabbey View Post
    To get rid of him after only 14 games in charge shows that something is wrong at WWFC.
    Yeah, we're playing like shit with a squad that should be competing for the top six.

Twitter
    Facebook

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Yeah, we're playing like shit with a squad that should be competing for the top six.
    And if something IS wrong - which it is - fair play to Fosun for doing something about it.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

96 points to play for and 62 of those puts us in the play offs I reckon.18 wins 8 draws is doable! Good but doable. That means we can lose one game a month for six months! Cup half full me!

Feel sort of similar to Solbakken going - can't say I'm surprised, really hoped that he could have done better! Here's hoping the new owners don't get a recommendation from a mate for their next manager
    “Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.”

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft
    Is Flores a possibility? I'd be very happy with him.

The next guy will get about 20 games as well.