Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Manager chat.

Doubt it, Espanyol manager now.

If we're talking pie in the sky, available now, would be an insanely good appointment, then Dieter Hecking.

If we're talking a rung or two down that scale and slightly more plausible given previous links, Marco Silva.

I definitely do not want Allardyce and I can't see us taking a shot on anyone currently working in this league.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Let's hope its our turn foir the new manager myth to come true. AVB?
    Carole Baskin is to blame.

Butti and Dalrymple gone too I believe.

Langers is online now Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Quote Originally Posted by slink View Post
    If it's Marco Silva then i do. His record at all 3 clubs is more than good enough, yes he doesn't know the Championship but he knows football and that will do for me.
    That would be ridiculous.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Wolf View Post
    The next guy will get about 20 games as well.
    Really?? He's deservedly only got 14 games, as well as he come across and had charisma he didn't have a clue tactically which is a shame but a fact. Fosun have reacted quickly and done the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    Butti and Dalrymple gone to I believe.
    Fucking hell - have Fosun been watching The Walking Dead?
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

CV spoke for itself. We seemed to have cautious optimism about him with the way he spoke and the passion he exhibited at all times. I quite enjoyed his pressers, to be honest.

But that's perhaps all he was. A genuinely good man, but not a good manager. I hope he finds success with the next one. 14 games, while seemingly not enough to judge someone by, is more than enough when you're being dragged into a relegation battle with a playoff-capable squad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shame, really liked the bloke. Can't argue with the lack of tactical nous though.

If we don;t have someone lined up already this is really stupid timing.

Sad, but inevitable. He just wasn't up to the job.

Next appointment is crucial, hopefully someone with experience in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMunro-371 View Post
    Sad, but inevitable. He just wasn't up to the job.

Next appointment is crucial, hopefully someone with experience in the championship.
    I really don't think this is mandatory, Frank. We need someone who can get the best out of the squad - that's all. WZ couldn't.

If Frank thought that his time was up he had no chance!

Story going around that Zenga's assistant and Butti have gone aswell.
    Butti departing would surprise me as I wasn't aware that his appointment was directly related to that of Zenger.

No surprise really, not massively annoyed with him as with Saunders or resigned to the fact that it was time to go as with McCarthy just never really gave the impression that he had it in him to bring the best out of the squad.

Guess that is Fosun's free pass used up. As others said, the next appointment needs to be a good choice, whoever that might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer Grouse View Post
    If Frank thought that his time was up he had no chance!
    I very rarely call for a manager to go, but it was clear that Zenga was just not up to the job. Whoever is pulling the strings must make sure they get the next appointment right.

Del Woppio is offline PTG Champion 2016/17, 3rd Place 2012/13, TWF FIFA 12 Champions' League Winner
    The right decision. A nice fella, but then so is my uncle Paul. Terrible football manager, and showing no signs of anything else here, or at any point in his car crash of a career. He was a shit appointment. Next one is vital.
    The Formula is dead. Long live The Criteria!

Shame for Walter seems like a top bloke, but as has been said we've showed very little sign of turning things around in the last 8 games. Better to do it sooner rather than later.
    Hold the door...

Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    Butti and Dalrymple gone too I believe.
    Crikey, FOSUN are having a right old clear out then.
    Clearly, they don't fuck about.

Quote Originally Posted by adwolf returns View Post
    Crikey, FOSUN are having a right old clear out then.
    Clearly, they don't fuck about.
    The fact they are having a clear out so quickly shows just how wrong they got it in the first place.

machin05 is offline MURDERS BADGERS. PTG Dogsbody and Spreadsheet MasterN3rd
    Quote Originally Posted by adwolf returns View Post
    Story going around that Zenga's assistant and Butti have gone aswell.
    Butti departing would surprise me as I wasn't aware that his appointment was directly related to that of Zenger.
    Maybe the new guy is lined up and has his own backroom staff with him as part of the deal.
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by machin05 View Post
    Maybe the new guy is lined up and has his own backroom staff with him as part of the deal.
    I'd be amazed if they haven't got the next bloke already lined up. This would therefore make sense.

Had we beaten Leeds we would have been ninth, not eighteenth. Too early in my view, especially if he had the support of the dressing room.
    Having said that, I am excited to see his replacement.
    As long as it's not Roy Hodgson.

Better to admit you got it wrong and make a change then try and fudge through with it not working.

Just don't keep making the same mistake.

Given the silence on the OS I imagine it maybe announcing the sacking and replacement simultaneously?
    #prayforJohnny75

Tweet.

Got to say the way Fosun are reacting to this makes a nice change after the last 20 years. Yes they made the appointments but we all make mistakes and all you can ask is that they are identified and rectified ASAP. They are clearly not fucking about. A lot of the biggest fuck ups in our recent history have been due to being too loyal to managers and then ballsing up the replacement.
    When asked to name her greatest achievement Thatcher replied: 'Tony Blair and New Labour.'

Del Woppio is offline PTG Champion 2016/17, 3rd Place 2012/13, TWF FIFA 12 Champions' League Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMunro-371 View Post
    The fact they are having a clear out so quickly shows just how wrong they got it in the first place.
    They absolutely did. A cursory look at the CVs of Dalrymple and Zenga showed them to be wildly under-qualified and inexperienced for the roles of MD and Manager at a club of our size and ambition.

Excellent news that they have identified the mistakes quickly and not tolerated people not being up to the mark
    The Formula is dead. Long live The Criteria!

Like everyone else, I wish him well. Loved his passion. And if we're having a bloody good clear out, could someone have a word with the recruitment department?

Experience in the league, then I'd like to see us go for Rowett, although doing well with a poor squad doesn't automatically mean you'll do better with a good squad. Personally, I wouldn't have a meltdown about Allardyce, but have to assume someone is lined up from overseas.

But all the best, Walt - hope it works out somewhere else
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

I'm sure he lasted less than 16 games in his previous 6 jobs? And only lasted 1 year+ in a managerial role on 3 occasions. Baffling appointment and absolutely the right decision given our season so far. With that said, I supported the guy whilst at the helm and will fully support the next man in. Can't help but feel we may end up with another 'left field' appointment...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamwolf View Post
    Had we beaten Leeds we would have been ninth, not eighteenth. Too early in my view, especially if he had the support of the dressing room.
    Having said that, I am excited to see his replacement.
    As long as it's not Roy Hodgson.
    Please God, no...
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

There is nothing on the Wolves official site about Zenga leaving.

The prospect of Woy makes me break out in a cold sweat.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk