Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
Results 1,171 to 1,196 of 1196

Thread: Next Manager chat.

Quote Originally Posted by ROVERT47 View Post
    I'd be sounding Rowett out, I fear Lambert ain't gonna deliver, we'd be a laughing stock but so what.
    Me too.

My worry is that there has been no visible sign of improvement under Lambert and we are just sinking lower. We showed earlier in the season we're capable of putting on a performance (2nd half v Villa as an example) and getting good results (2-0 v Newcastle, 3-1 v Blues) but under Lambert there has been no upturn or any sign of a return to this form.

I think the main reason many have itchy feet all of a sudden is because we have a habit of sacking managers when there are no credible replacements available as seen when Zenga left. Rowett was the choice of many Wolves fans then but it was generally considered that the chances of getting him we're remote at best.

Now suddenly Rowett is available not because he was doing a shit job but because the Blues owners are fucking lunatics. Not only that but his backroom staff are available too.

This is a very rare situation.

Lambert has been here a short time but so far we look worse not better. He is resembling a Scottish Kenny Jackett and seems to be isolating some of the new guys in favour of Saville, Coady and co.

I don't want us to sack managers willy nilly and am mindful of that but we are in the shit and look like staying there as it stands and suddenly a very bright young manager with no failures or baggage is available without compensation as are his backroom staff.

I'd have no qualms about us binning Lambert and Edwards and co rather than later on when we're heading for League 1 with no viable alternatives available

Freddeno is offline Koscielny Fan Club President, PTG Euro Winner 2016 and all round FPU artist - Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    Me too.

My worry is that there has been no visible sign of improvement under Lambert and we are just sinking lower. We showed earlier in the season we're capable of putting on a performance (2nd half v Villa as an example) and getting good results (2-0 v Newcastle, 3-1 v Blues) but under Lambert there has been no upturn or any sign of a return to this form.

I think the main reason many have itchy feet all of a sudden is because we have a habit of sacking managers when there are no credible replacements available as seen when Zenga left. Rowett was the choice of many Wolves fans then but it was generally considered that the chances of getting him we're remote at best.

Now suddenly Rowett is available not because he was doing a shit job but because the Blues owners are fucking lunatics. Not only that but his backroom staff are available too.

This is a very rare situation.

Lambert has been here a short time but so far we look worse not better. He is resembling a Scottish Kenny Jackett and seems to be isolating some of the new guys in favour of Saville, Coady and co.

I don't want us to sack managers willy nilly and am mindful of that but we are in the shit and look like staying there as it stands and suddenly a very bright young manager with no failures or baggage is available without compensation as are his backroom staff.

I'd have no qualms about us binning Lambert and Edwards and co rather than later on when we're heading for League 1 with no viable alternatives available
    Amen, and key is to clear the backroom staff and let the new manager get his preferred ones in who he is used to work with in tactics, transfers, training etc...no brainer

I like Rowett and he was one of my choices when Zenga went. I'm also unimpressed by lamberts selections so far. But what manager is going to come work for us if we've sacked 3 others in the space of 5 months? We'll be toxic, let alone a laughing stock.

Lambert should be given the rest of this season to see if he can start building something.

Quote Originally Posted by Premier Quality View Post
    I like Rowett and he was one of my choices when Zenga went. I'm also unimpressed by lamberts selections so far. But what manager is going to come work for us if we've sacked 3 others in the space of 5 months? We'll be toxic, let alone a laughing stock.

Lambert should be given the rest of this season to see if he can start building something.
    I couldn't care less what others think.

If I were a manager looking at going into Wolves I would have to have assurances that I have complete control for 6 months, my own backroom staff and complete control over transfers (no involvement from Thelwell in finding or attracting targets). Any manager not demanding that for the next vacancy at Wolves will be shooting themselves in the foot before they start as they will be doomed to repeat the same thing all the predecessors have fallen to, that makes the club toxic not the constant turn around.

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Lambert is getting until after the Window. He has the simple excuse "look at the clusterfuck you gave me for a defence" even by using that he can get away with playing at least 2 from Coady, Saville & Edwards each week (although I have no issue with Edwards at the mo, so suck it haters)

Be glad when this season is done, don't care how we stay up just do it. Fosun will have been able to look at everything properly over the season and it should lead to a lot of people on the footballing side losing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by playtheace View Post
    HO HO, please come back on here after a few more months of Van La Parra and do let us know how you feel about the Dutch Pele.
    Oh and isnt it about time you changed the name of your ground again its been at least a week.
    Still loving him here, scored again today he's been causing defences problems all season. How's your season going? Hahahahahahaha

Bloody hell he scored against someone else!

He was shit, but could easily be attributed to our management staff. Thelwell and Jackett would make any flair player shit.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Quote Originally Posted by lsm View Post
    Still loving him here, scored again today he's been causing defences problems all season. How's your season going? Hahahahahahaha
    With respect. Come back chirping when you have been promoted and we are relegated. Until then fuck off under a rock in Yorkshire. I hope you get 3 sent off and concede a last minute winner in the play offs
    Carole Baskin is to blame.

Hahaha, everybody does this.. Fair fucks to him. I hope Huddersfield go up.

I particularly like his use of "scored again" it was his first league goal in six months. It was also a complete fuck up by defender and goalie. However saying that I'd love to see Huddersfield rock the boat and go up top two would certainly upset the Brighton and Newcastle loving mediafest.
    Hold the door...

Good for VLP he was shit for us. I hope Huddersfield go up I have very good friend who is an ardent fan and it's a massive deal for them. No bitterness from me Costa is a million times better. Would love to see the party in Huddersfield if it happens.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ROVERT47 View Post
    I'd be sounding Rowett out, I fear Lambert ain't gonna deliver, we'd be a laughing stock but so what.
    Reports on Sky of Derby approaching Gary Rowett.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...anager-vacancy
    'Our goal is crystal clear: we will do our very best to help take Wolves back to the Premier League as soon as possible, and to stay there.'(21st July 2016). *Promotion achieved 15th April 2018.** 2019-7th-57pts-Qualify Europa*

From Dudley to Malta and back to Stourbridge
    both Derby and Wigan have sacked their managers (for contrasting reasons) !!!
    We're all doomed

Quote Originally Posted by Dinowolf View Post
    Reports on Sky of Derby approaching Gary Rowett.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...anager-vacancy
    According to the BBC Football site, it's a done deal:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39255324
    Peter Knowles : God's Footballer

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    With respect. Come back chirping when you have been promoted and we are relegated. Until then $#@! off under a rock in Yorkshire. I hope you get 3 sent off and concede a last minute winner in the play offs
    We got promoted. Where did you finish? How is Villas Boas doing at Molineux?

This took longer than expected tbf
    #prayforJohnny75

Tweet.

Don't worry,give it a month of them getting hammered in the premier league,he'll shut up

hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    Don't worry,give it a month of them getting hammered in the premier league,he'll shut up
    Lets see what happens this season! Hahahahahahaha

We'll fucking destroy you, you utterly inconsequential thread necromancer.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

I'd have waited to see how our teams did in relation to each other before bumping the thread, TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Absolute poetry!

What's it like losing out on your main Summer transfer target to a club who will use him as 4th choice?

Oh no not that C*nt again?

Carole Baskin is to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Wonderfully put, bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by lsm View Post
    Lets see what happens this season! Hahahahahahaha
    I know he's banned, but as his team lost today and is in the Championship relegation zone and we are fifth in the PL, I'd just like to say Hahahahahahaha

We didn't destroy them sadly. They did it to themselves. Which is actually quite sweet.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas