Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackburn 1 - Wolves 1 Verdict thread

Blackburn 1 - Wolves 1 Verdict thread

Meh

A draw against Blackburn isn't that good a result

Wrong starting team - Tex & Cavaleiro should have been on from the start & we need to keep the opposition well away from our back line
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

Probably just about deserved a point there which is not exactly inspiring stuff given the level of opposition. Another dire goal given away, still not much in the way of coherent tactics or cohesiveness, no attempt to dominate possession, we kept going which is always the bare minimum and squeaked an equaliser. Hell of a lot of work to be done all over the park.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Not a great game at all. But at least we have come back home with something.
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

There's times when we look like we've got the making of a half decent side going forward but whoever comes in needs to sort the defence out, things could turn pragmatic for a while if we do appoint any of the 'favourites'.

Seems obvious we need to set up 4231 to me. Cav left, Costa right, Tex as a number 10 and giving Bod some support. Saiss and Coady screening.

Not pretty viewing. I'm off down the pub to try and wipe it from my memory.

Missed the game as i was working, but got home, saw the team selection and thought, fuck me, Rob Edwards is another twat.

Bitterly dissapointed, again.
    "Never enter into a battle of wits, with an unarmed man"

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Seems obvious we need to set up 4231 to me. Cav left, Costa right, Tex as a number 10 and giving Bod some support. Saiss and Coady screening.
    I think it's obvious to everyone except out management.
    )

Tex and Cav transformed us and should be playing a lot more rather than Wallace, Edwards and most of the other Jacketeers. The sooner we start replacing all the mediocrity the better

Doherty, Batth, Hause and a couldnt give a fuck at times CBJ. This backline is a car crash..

CBJ looks like he wants to be a central player. Not just in defending but in possession too. Good player on the ball, but not a good defender. I'd rather have Doherty or Silvio at LB from now on.

It was poor all across the back line though. Not just for the goal either, but throughout the game. Batth was miles away from Gallagher for their goal though. Awful defending.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by Quirkafleeg View Post
    Doherty, Batth, Hause and a couldnt give a fuck at times CBJ. This backline is a car crash..
    All over the place today. Doherty has gone back to stopping absolutely fuck all, Batth is taking no responsibility and is making errors all the time, Hause has 1 good game in 4 and CBJ still gets a lot of the basics wrong at this stage.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

And yep, Doherty should have been flagged offside IMO. Off when the shot came in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    This ... Get your application in

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    I think it's obvious to everyone except out management.
    Think a 4-3-3 with Tex/Saiss/Prince as mids and Cav/Bod/Costa as forwards could also work.
    Quote Originally Posted by João Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    Tex and Cav transformed us and should be playing a lot more rather than Wallace, Edwards and most of the other Jacketeers. The sooner we start replacing all the mediocrity the better
    We need someone who can recognise that though. It already feels like this season is nothing more than a write-off and right now the board has a month or so to start looking into defenders we can bring in to replace...whatever we would call the back four, i don't think they can be trusted
    “Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.”

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Doherty has gone back to stopping absolutely fuck all,
    He needs moving back to LB or dropping. RB he is no good at.

There is one thing they are all good at....pointing

FFS Holloway. Apparently Sir Jack Hayward built up Blackburn...

Well we might have got a point but it was shit. For me it backs up the fact that the coaching at the club is shite and needs serious work. There are so many times where players are in the wrong positions, making blatantly wrong or very naive decisions. Rob Edwards is apparently held in high regard at Wolves, i generally would be interested to find out who that is by.

Tried to back Wallace up in the week but Lycan seems to be right, he was really poor and the less said about Batth's defending the better. Saiss was pretty poor tonight but Coady and Edwards do not have a single bit of footballing ability between them (yes i'm exaggerating) It's so frustrating watching 2 footballers who have such bad technique and can't play a simple pass or are massively out of position. Well done Dave for the goal but that doesn't mask the fact that he's still not very good.

Agree with anyone that thinks we should go 4231, it seems the way to go with the players we have and let Cav, Teix and Costa do their thing behind Bod or Dicko. Doherty has to be allowed to go forward because he is a threat and he can't defend.

Hard to categorise that for me. Dysfunctional best describes it I think.
    A mixture of poor quality championship and lightweight continentals.
    Batth has been crap every game I've seen. Never championship quality, would struggle in The Conference.
    Doherty? OK a poor right back but at least he has a go going forward.
    BJ here for the ride.
    Hause needs an experienced man with him.
    In short our defence is shocking.
    Personally I thought Cody and Edwards did OK in centre midfield.
    Saiss has been poor whenever ive seen him.
    Costa flatters to deceive, might look good but end product amounts to virtually nothing. Bodvarssen piss poor. We've already seen the best of him.
    Teix contributed very little of any worth.
    MOM for me Dangerous Dave. Scored the goal and came closest to scoring twice. On top of doing his work in midfield, closing down and jockeying etc. Championship quality midfielder that's all.
    'I never predict anything and I never will'......Paul Gascoigne.

Probably time for Dicko to get a start against Derby and give Bod a place on the pine.

Saiss, Coady & Edwards is not a forward looking trio though (& I am aware that the latter scored the equaliser & he needed that as had not significantly contributed anything else) - with Wallace a passenger (& why was he brought in from the cold after 2 months out) it left only Bod & Costa in their half.

You are not going to win games (even against Blackburn) playing that formation

Tex & Cavaleiro should have been on from the start - the Blackburn defence were not playing in their normal positions, but we gave them an easy game with no real pressure early on which might well have produced dividends

The defence need to pretty much all Fuck off.

I'd go Silvio - Iorfa - Stearman - CBJ next game. I'd drop CBJ too if I could think of anyone else to play.
    )

Now going to watch proper football - Barcelona v Granada

Had enough of this semi pro level quality

Will give some thoughts on the game later. This is what I want to see next week.

Lonergan (if Ikeme not fit)

Silvio
    Batth (due to lack of options)
    Stearman (DB always seemed to play better with him)
    CBJ

Saiss
    Edwards

Costa
    Teixiera
    Cavaleiro

Dicko

When I think back to some of the players that we had in the mid to late nineties, that couldn't get us promoted. They would have walked into this team and we would have walked this league, and entertained as well BTW.
    'I never predict anything and I never will'......Paul Gascoigne.

Missed the game as I was working.

What? Did we not destroy everything in front of us now that the guy picking the team is from Madeley instead of Milan?
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hélder Costa

Stearman almost certainly is not the the long term solution at CH but he is undoubtedly a far better player than either Batth or Hause. Hause may improve but I doubt Batth will so I’d put Hause alongside Stearman until we can bring at least one, and preferably two, CHs in January. A leader who can organise the fullbacks and their partner would make a huge difference.

First thing first, my apologies. I defended Jed Wallace before the game, but even allowing for 2 months out he looks like a good League One player and that's it.
    Finishing from Edwards and Coady was very poor, the goal aside. three or four completely mishit shots.
    Quite liked CBJ in second half - though there was some decent link up play going forward.
    Obviously Batth should have been sent off. He's Rotherham standard isn't he? Fairly certain Hause would improve alongside someone else.

I was thinking about recruitment: £2m for Coady £3m for Mason (what's happened to him?) £1m for Gladon. Whoever sanctioned those deals should get him P45 on Monday.
    There's a comment already that we may have seen the best of Bod - suspect that is right.
    And clearly Cav - Tex - Costa need to start.

Saddest thing is that we were playing Blackburn, who probably won't go down but are no bloody good.
    Wolves 2017/18 P46 W27 D11 L8 F85 A40 Pts 92: 2 pts a game is all we need...