Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Preston North End (A) build up

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamwolf View Post
    Saville is one of those anonymous type players who do nothing for us, get sold on the cheap, and then have stand out careers at their next club.
    You mean that kind of scenario that very very rarely happens?
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Saville will end up in League 1 again and will return to how he was at at that level. So it will seem like he is doing something he couldn't at Wolves but he will just be at the level he can perform at.

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    You mean that kind of scenario that very very rarely happens?
    Like lone strikers scoring goals you mean?
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by MARKakaJIM View Post
    Like lone strikers scoring goals you mean?
    Yup.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Jinky is offline PTG Champion 2014/15, Runner Up 2015/16, 3rd Place 2016/17. And a total arse.
    Not sure Tex will be involved. Got a funny feeling he'll be taken out of the starting 11 for a few weeks and they'll be working hard with him behind closed doors on calming things down and his decision making. I like him as a player and am properly against us shying away from playing more creative players like him - but I just think Lambert will want to steady the ship and get the basics right.

That probably means we'll line up with a midfield three of Saiss-Coady-Edwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
    Not sure Tex will be involved. Got a funny feeling he'll be taken out of the starting 11 for a few weeks and they'll be working hard with him behind closed doors on calming things down and his decision making. I like him as a player and am properly against us shying away from playing more creative players like him - but I just think Lambert will want to steady the ship and get the basics right.

That probably means we'll line up with a midfield three of Saiss-Coady-Edwards.
    Edwards is suspended.

Jinky is offline PTG Champion 2014/15, Runner Up 2015/16, 3rd Place 2016/17. And a total arse.
    Edwards is suspended.
    Of course he is. It'll be one of the other British lads, I'm sure.

What happened to Prince ? He seems to be out of favour.
    Looks like he could be our duffest signing.

Yup.
    I don't recall Bully or Richards being lone strikers. But they only scored about 400 goals between them !

I don't recall Bully or Richards being lone strikers. But they only scored about 400 goals between them !
    Case closed, clearly.

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    I think he will mostly go with players who have been at the training ground this international break. For example, Batth and Stearman could well start at centre back I reckon. Dicko up front as Bod is away. Also - Bright wasn't included in the u23s squad for their game today (or is it tomorrow?)

Gladon.

Is Batth suspended? I just read that he was out of the PNE game due to suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
    It'll be one of the other British lads, I'm sure.
    This is my way of thinking too. Let's get the homegrown players back in the starting eleven and let's start climbing the table.

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMunro-371 View Post
    Is Batth suspended? I just read that he was out of the PNE game due to suspension.
    1 booking away

http://www.wolves.co.uk/stats/player-stats/

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Quote Originally Posted by DejaVuWolf View Post
    This is my way of thinking too. Let's get the homegrown players back in the starting eleven and let's start climbing the table.
    They did so well last season to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Thank you. That is what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungWolf View Post
    I think he will mostly go with players who have been at the training ground this international break. For example, Batth and Stearman could well start at centre back I reckon. Dicko up front as Bod is away. Also - Bright wasn't included in the u23s squad for their game today (or is it tomorrow?)
    Didn't Bright come on as sub against Blackburn last year? Perhaps he impressed Lambert?

It's a strange one because while he hasn't exactly set the world alight here he hasn't been poor either (apart from when he was being played out of position on the left wing) and has actually scored two really good goals. I think the problem some Wolves fans have with him is that they thought he was going to be this big bruising box-to-box midfielder but you can see just by looking at his physique that he isn't that.
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hélder Costa

When we decide what we actually want our central midfield to do then he might have a proper impact. As it is, so far he's been chucked into a new league in a new country and given zero instructions or played wildly out of position.

Zenga really dodged the flak on that one somehow, terrible management.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

I think Prince will turn out okay but I tend to agree that he's not been used anywhere near the right way.

He's shown some glimpses of real talent but it's been stifled by where he's been told to play.

I think Lycan is right. Some fans seemed adamant that we needed a 'midfield general' (how I love that term) and assumed that would be Oniangue.

I think Prince will turn out okay but I tend to agree that he's not been used anywhere near the right way.

He's shown some glimpses of real talent but it's been stifled by where he's been told to play.

I think Lycan is right. Some fans seemed adamant that we needed a 'midfield general' (how I love that term) and assumed that would be Oniangue.
    A snotter?

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    A snotter?
    Ar.

Alan will love this, but Prince like Doumbia and Olofinjana before him are expected to be something they aren't, based on their build. It started with the latter being compared to Vieira.

I expected Seyi to be able to win 70-30 challenges and beat Jay Tabb in the air tbf.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

I don't agree with the comparisons between Doumbia and Oniangue either TBH.

Different kinds of player and although I'd never go as far as to say Prince has played particularly well, he's not a half arsed bottle job like Doumbia.

I can certainly see a Oniangue/Coady partnership doing something in this league. There have been glimpses of an understanding there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Alan will love this, but Prince like Doumbia and Olofinjana before him are expected to be something they aren't, based on their build. It started with the latter being compared to Vieira.
    Prince is skinnier than I am! He's not built at all.

It's not like Doumbia/Olofinjana who could've thrown their weight around if they wanted to but didn't.

I don't agree with the comparisons between Doumbia and Oniangue either TBH.

Different kinds of player and although I'd never go as far as to say Prince has played particularly well, he's not a half arsed bottle job like Doumbia.

I can certainly see a Oniangue/Coady partnership doing something in this league. There have been glimpses of an understanding there.
    That's my point really. People see the build and expect them to be a box to box enforcer. It wasn't and isn't the game of any of them, although hopefully Prince will prove to be better all round.

I suspect Alan is more correct on this - people see African midfielder and expect Viera-like.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    Prince is skinnier than I am! He's not built at all.

It's not like Doumbia/Olofinjana who could've thrown their weight around if they wanted to but didn't.
    Doumbia was skinny as fuck too!

Even Olofinjana wasn't especially robust, tall but not all that much substance. I can't remember Vieira ever really looking that big built though to be fair, just remember him being a bit of a dirtbag when he wanted to and flying in some big challenges rather than being a tank bouncing people around like say Wanyama can.