Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2625

Thread: The 2017 General Election Thread

As everything is such a massive clusterfuck politically anyway at the moment, I can only get more popcorn in and hope they can't get it through. I keep hearing that we don't want another election - au contraire, I can never have enough opportunities to register a vote against this awful Tory party.

Quote Originally Posted by Trips View Post
    http://news.sky.com/story/dup-talks-...urces-10921500

Good work, day before the Queen's speech and she still hasn't got guaranteed support for it
    Former Prime Minister John Major has urged Mrs May to reconsider her approach, saying a deal with the DUP could threaten the Northern Ireland peace process. That on its own should be enough to convince Mrs May not to form an alliance of any kind with the DUP.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMunro-371 View Post
    Former Prime Minister John Major has urged Mrs May to reconsider her approach, saying a deal with the DUP could threaten the Northern Ireland peace process. That on its own should be enough to convince Mrs May not to form an alliance of any kind with the DUP.
    Thing is, if she does that she will have to call another election in the Autumn.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    Thing is, if she does that she will have to call another election in the Autumn.
    Much as I do not want another election, I also do not want the Conservatives to form an alliance with the DUP.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMunro-371 View Post
    Much as I do not want another election, I also do not want the Conservatives to form an alliance with the DUP.
    Greater good Frank, I think it has to go to an election for the sake of the country and getting a proper government in. I speak as a person that doesn't want Corbyn elected particularly either so I think this is the chance for the Tories to clear house. If they don't then it'll be Corbyn in at number 10 following the failure to get her queen's speech through.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    The Greater Good.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Confidence and supply deal done with the DUP, a mere two and a half weeks since Cruella announced it was already in place.

What a world to live in.

Oh, it seems there is a magic money tree after all if you need 1bn to bribe another party to prop up your shitshow, already dead shambles of a Government.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

The magic money seems to struggle to fruit when it comes to promising to cover the cost of tower block repairs.

Del Woppio is offline PTG Champion 2016/17, 3rd Place 2012/13, TWF FIFA 12 Champions' League Winner
    And devolving corporation tax too. Junker must be pissing in his pants at seeing these amazing negotiation skills pay off
    The Formula is dead. Long live The Criteria!

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Confidence and supply deal done with the DUP, a mere two and a half weeks since Cruella announced it was already in place.

What a world to live in.

Oh, it seems there is a magic money tree after all if you need 1bn to bribe another party to prop up your shitshow, already dead shambles of a Government.
    Add it to tuition fees.

What a world to live in.

Oh, it seems there is a magic money tree after all if you need 1bn to bribe another party to prop up your $#@!show, already dead shambles of a Government.
    back to the "good old days"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxpYW_w5pgo
    it is not that I have no past. rather, it continually fragments on the terrible and vivid ephemera of now.

As much as I hate this Conservative-DUP minority government agreement, you can't help but chuckle at how soundbites like 'strong & stable', 'coalition of chaos' and 'magic money tree' have well and truly come back to bite the Tories on the ass.
    I pledge my grievance to the flag

Twitter

What a world to live in.

Likewise when they needed to avoid Surrey county council having a mini referendum to raise council tax to cover H&SC costs owing to tory cuts. No sweetener there either...
    Where was the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!

Queens Speech passes 323-309, all 3 amendments that were voted on are voted down.

Look everyone, it's deflection time!

Might be more pertinent Mr Dacre that this Government is a farce and you backed them 100% leading into the election.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook