Thread: Am I talking crap for no reason or am I really this insane?

Am I talking crap for no reason or am I really this insane?

Not my title.
    Last edited by thehistorymakers; 18th June 2017 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Who has done more to facilitate us leaving the EU, Corbyn or May?

Rather unfortunate title there matey
    Your friends list is empty

Always thought you were a Nazi sympathiser
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

Hhaahggagagag. Someone changed the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Rather unfortunate title there matey
    I had nothing to do with the above title. Hhaha

Can a mod take this thread off or at least take away the title please.

Nope.

I think it should stay. Perhaps as a penance for repeatedly starting threads or moving your inane Brexit waffle to every other thread bar the 2017-2018 squad list.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

I had a good today, I had the remainers on the ropes. This is my punishment. Hahaha

On the ropes?

Really?
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    On the ropes?

Really?
    More I think the remainers have been on the canvas and couldn't get back up.
    If I feel really strong about something, I vote for it. You can't vote for something and then write a petition saying you didn't vote for this part. You have given backing to a manifesto by voting for it. If you like it or not.

I am so glad that you know what and why and how I think.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Nope.

I think it should stay. Perhaps as a penance for repeatedly starting threads or moving your inane Brexit waffle to every other thread bar the 2017-2018 squad list.
    How will future squad's recruitment be infuenced as a result of Brexit though? No freedom of movement. How about players who are already contracted. Will their status be preserved post Brexit? This is Wolves. This is fucking important.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

Brexit will influence recruitment but no more than recruiting outside the EU does today. Do we really want euro 3 rd choices ? The rules for non EU are already clear so at worst the EU new rules will be the same. Good. To many bang average players from abroad here already. Now don't go shouting fascist! Or racist! There are some real average footballers milking our game. If brexit helps change that good job. Well overdue
    Remember, remember we are shit in November .

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    Brexit will influence recruitment but no more than recruiting outside the EU does today. Do we really want euro 3 rd choices ? The rules for non EU are already clear so at worst the EU new rules will be the same. Good. To many bang average players from abroad here already. Now don't go shouting fascist! Or racist! There are some real average footballers milking our game. If brexit helps change that good job. Well overdue
    This is simplistic nonsense. Many foreign imports are cheaper to pay than their English equivalent. Essentially clubs are getting the same quality for less money. If you shrink the market size the price of wages goes up but not the quality. So it isn't milking the game, it is making the market competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    This is simplistic nonsense. Many foreign imports are cheaper to pay than their English equivalent. Essentially clubs are getting the same quality for less money. If you shrink the market size the price of wages goes up but not the quality. So it isn't milking the game, it is making the market competitive.
    Besides which, footballers won't get turned away.

We decide we want to sign some Croatian midfielder on a three year contract for 10k a week, because bog standard English Championship midfielders are asking for double that. That means:

a) He has guaranteed employment here for three years
    b) He will guarantee a hefty (by normal, everyday life standards) tax take over that three years, straight to the Exchequer
    c) He isn't going to hang around here and claim JSA/Housing Benefit at the end of the three years even if he's crap, hardly plays and we release him

And moreover, there is no way the Premier League in particular will want their product devalued in comparison to the likes of La Liga and the Bundesliga where they can sign whoever they want.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    I see your point but the wages argument is not the issue. The quality will improve as euro in the future will have to meet the same standards for a work permit as outside Europe do currently. Wages are relative to sky money in truth. I also think that clubs will widen their searches if EU is not a short easy route so you many get Argentinians, Brazilians etc. It may be time to review the work permit criteria, granted but brexit won't in my view be a catastrophe for foreign players. It will stop mediocrity from abroad. It may mean mediocrity from the UK but at least the pool of players for the home nations national teams, who play regular first team football, is likely to expand. Good
    Remember, remember we are shit in November .

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    I see your point but the wages argument is not the issue. The quality will improve as euro in the future will have to meet the same standards for a work permit as outside Europe do currently. Wages are relative to sky money in truth. I also think that clubs will widen their searches if EU is not a short easy route so you many get Argentinians, Brazilians etc. It may be time to review the work permit criteria, granted but brexit won't in my view be a catastrophe for foreign players. It will stop mediocrity from abroad. It may mean mediocrity from the UK but at least the pool of players for the home nations national teams, who play regular first team football, is likely to expand. Good
    Wages are exactly the issue, I can tell you that first hand.

It is getting better quality for the same wages. You can't just invent the talent and as one of the premier football leagues in the world England pays more so can attract better quality. Paying crap players the same wouldn't be an option for the clubs, fans or TV companies. I don't think it will change at all.