6 14.63%

1 2.44%

1 2.44%
  • 2022 (lol)

1 2.44%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long has May got left?

How long has May got left?

Powerless as PM, flak from Grenfell heading in her direction, clueless on Brexit, one of the worst communicators in frontline politics for decades, even the Mail have given up on her, no faith in her from any wing of the party...

I'm saying next month. She'll cling on as long as she can because that's her all over. But the knives will come out soon.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    I've gone for next month too. What really strikes me about her is how it is all about her, and power, and how she shows so little compassion for others less fortunate than her

Hopefully gone in August, new election in October.

To me there's nothin particularly unusual about her behaviour as a Tory PM, it's just that she's not as good at faking it / blaming it on someone else as her predecessors
    )

Yesterday, but there will only be another Tory in her place.

I don't think she will last a month. Gerry Adams Good Friday Agreement comments kill her nascent coalition for me. And I don't think she will get the Queen's speech through parliament.
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post

To me there's nothin particularly unusual about her behaviour as a Tory PM, it's just that she's not as good at faking it / blaming it on someone else as her predecessors
    Nicely summarised.

Reckon that she will be gone by the Conference date - would be sooner, but the rest will be too busy knifing each other in the back to deal with it any quicker than that

I'm astonished she's still in power to be honest. She's abominable.

I've gone with 2018, but anything sooner would not be a surprise and would be deserved, regardless of my disdain for the Tories.

400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkins left foot View Post
    Reckon that she will be gone by the Conference date - would be sooner, but the rest will be too busy knifing each other in the back to deal with it any quicker than that
    Funny that one Peter. Made me smile.
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

Given Conservative parties are getting candidates in place by the 10th July, don't wait long... I think like many she'll cling on as long as possible though, defying reality.

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post

i think you've nailed it.
    it is not that I have no past. rather, it continually fragments on the terrible and vivid ephemera of now.

I could see her going just before the summer recess on July 20th. The pressure with Kensington is only just getting started if more and bigger protests start springing up the pressure is going to ratchet up several more notches, and then there's the DUP issues and with more ex front benchers like Major and Osbourne keep haranguing her she'll crack. That woman is for (u) turning.

2018. It'll be electoral suicide to have an election either now or In the autumn. Her party will want an established figure in place to take over from her although there are no candidates from her current front bench that would be popular now.

I'm on my own with 2019, Backbenchers won't want another election and no other Tory front runner will want to take the Brexit baton

Gone pre conference polls October coalition government November Corbyn prime minister
    Remember, remember we are shit in November .

Freddeno is offline Koscielny Fan Club President, PTG Euro Winner 2016 and all round FPU artist - Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    How long has Trump left?
    "In Nuno we trust!!" UTW!

Twitter
    Facebook

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...talking-horse/

This is why she's totally fucked. The swivel eyed loons in the party who believe that Brussels is the root of all evil will not accept anything other than a suicide mission on Brexit, and if they don't get it, she's out on their say so. Anyone with any sense in the party knows that would be a disaster and will oppose it, and if they see us catapulting ourselves into a disaster, she's out on their say so. They have been emboldened to do so as the electorate arguably rejected Hard Brexit.

The party is torn, neither faction has any faith in her, there is no way of simultaneously pleasing both sides, yet she needs 100% of everyone's support, 100% of the time. It can't happen.

Twitter
    Facebook

Last edited by thehistorymakers; 18th June 2017 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thehistorymakers View Post

From the link.

Corbyn was asked by Andrew Marr on the BBC this morning if the UK could “stay inside the Single Market and customs union” as part of a Brexit deal.

The Labour leader replied: “The Single Market is a requirement of EU membership and since we won’t be EU members there will have to be an arrangement made.”

He added: “Where I frame it is we want a tariff-free access to the European market.”

Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell was even clearer during an interview on ITV’s Peston on Sunday less than an hour later, confirming Labour would not seek for the UK to remain in the Single Market.

Is that hard or soft Brexit? Dan.

I believe she would already have gone, but the 1922 committee have told her to sort out the mess she created.

The options facing the Conservative party are fairly grim if I am honest. An election was called in a bid to give Mrs May a large majority in the House of Commons, thus allowing her to ride roughshod over the parliamentary party. This backfired spectacularly and now she is forced to try to come to an agreement with the DUP to keep her in office. Whether she goes hard/soft brexit is now irrelevant. Different factions of the party will be dissatisfied either way, but they will not force another election as most people in the party hierarchy fear a Labour victory if a snap election was called.

So well done Mrs May, you have managed to throw away a commons majority, and left the Conservative party in disarray. We should have been in power until 2020, and probably five years more after that, but now there is every possibility that the next general election will see a Labour government returned to power.

As for how long she has got, how long is a piece of string? With no serious contender lining up to replace her, I think she will be told to stay put for as long as possible.

From the link.

Corbyn was asked by Andrew Marr on the BBC this morning if the UK could “stay inside the Single Market and customs union” as part of a Brexit deal.

The Labour leader replied: “The Single Market is a requirement of EU membership and since we won’t be EU members there will have to be an arrangement made.”

He added: “Where I frame it is we want a tariff-free access to the European market.”

Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell was even clearer during an interview on ITV’s Peston on Sunday less than an hour later, confirming Labour would not seek for the UK to remain in the Single Market.

Is that hard or soft Brexit? Dan.
    From that left wing Bible the Mail on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    From that left wing Bible the Mail on Sunday

They are in both manifestos. 84% people voted for the parties with leaving the single market and no second referendum. Polls have been shown not to be worth the paper you write them on. Corbyn said no single market and no freedom of movement. Is that a hard or soft Brexit?

They are in both manifestos. 84% people voted for the parties with leaving the single market and no second referendum. Polls have been shown not to be worth the paper you write them on. Corbyn said no single market and no freedom of movement. Is that a hard or soft Brexit?
    We went through this last weekend, it's not about whether we leave but how.

Hard Brexit - "no deal is better than a bad deal" and fall back on WTO rules, leave the Customs Union, Leave the ECHR, don't formally collaborate on anti-terrorism policy

Soft Brexit - the opposite to the above and if some level of contribution is required for access to the single market then so be it. Red line freedom of movement, even though we know that's a red herring given our labour requirements anyway.

We went through this last weekend, it's not about whether we leave but how.

Hard Brexit - "no deal is better than a bad deal", leave the Customs Union, Leave the ECHR, don't formally collaborate on anti-terrorism policy

Soft Brexit - the opposite to the above and if some level of contribution is required for access to the single market then so be it. Red line freedom of movement, even though we know that's a red herring given our labour requirements any way.
    No freedom of movement and staying in the single market isn't on the agenda. It is in both the manifestos. We are leaving the single market and taking away freedom of movement. That is what Brexit is, we voted for it in the referendum and voted by 84% for that in the general election. The party that agreed with a soft Brexit, which really means no Brexit, got 7%.

No freedom of movement and staying in the single market isn't on the agenda. It is in both the manifestos. We are leaving the single market and taking away freedom of movement. That is what Brexit is, we voted for it in the referendum and voted by 84% for that in the general election. The party that agreed with a soft Brexit, which really means no Brexit, got 7%.
    Not being in the single market having ACCESS to the single market, after all that's what Johnson promised. LibDems weren't in favour of a soft Brexit their proposed referendum was another in and out option. I don't think you understand the terms Hard and Soft Brexit when you use them.

Not being in the single market having ACCESS to the single market, after all that's what Johnson promised
    Of course we want access, but you can't be part of it if you have no freedom of movement. That is Brexit, not hard or soft Brexit.

Of course we want access, but you can't be part of it if you have no freedom of movement. That is Brexit, not hard or soft Brexit.
    See my amendment

We DIDN'T have 84% voting for Brexit in the election for crying out loud. The election barely mentioned Brexit except for that harridan going on about it. The election was fought on completely different matters. To claim that because the conservatives and labour got 84% of the vote is 84% in favour of Brexit is a massive leap of faith.
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    We DIDN'T have 84% voting for Brexit in the election for crying out loud. The election barely mentioned Brexit except for that harridan going on about it. The election was fought on completely different matters. To claim that because the conservatives and labour got 84% of the vote is 84% in favour of Brexit is a massive leap of faith.
    It is the manifestos. If I wanted to stay in the EU or have a second referendum, I would have voted for a party that had it in it's manifesto.