Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Man City Carabao Cup Build Up Thread

Man City Carabao Cup Build Up Thread

Change the whole team for me and keep them fresh for the 3 league games (including 2 long trips) in 6 days coming up. Looking forward to the day out but not remotely fussed if we lose.

-------------------Norris-------------------

----Bennett-------Boly------Hause--------

Marshall-----Price------ALF--------Vinagre

Bright------------Costa---------Ronan----

Subs - Ruddy, Doherty, Batth, Saiss, Goncalves, Cavaleiro, Wilson

ALF?
    )

machin05 is offline MURDERS BADGERS. PTG Dogsbody and Spreadsheet MasterN3rd
    N'Diaye, presumably?
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Think the first team players will want to play in this. Could cause a bit of morale loss if the likes of Jota don't get to play here. I would go full strength and go for it

Quote Originally Posted by machin05 View Post
    N'Diaye, presumably?
    Yeah - I thought he meant Le Fondre for a second!

Marshall probably won't play RWB, he doesn't have the pace or the fitness to get up and down the line. I also think he will be sold in the winter transfer period.

I expect Doc to start.
    "FFS Costa" with or without an apostrophe?

As Kenny has said, if we were going to try Marshall at RWB we would have done it by now. Could easily have put him there against Bristol Rovers but we went with Buur instead. Nuno obviously doesn't think it's the role for him.

Norris, Vinagre, Hause, Boly, N'Diaye and Costa will all surely start. Tbh I'd have no problem with any of them starting a league fixture so team changes are fine by me. It's then down to Nuno whether he wants to use further fringe players like Price/Ronan/Marshall to fill in the rest of the gaps or if he wants to give Neves/Jota etc the chance to prove a point on a big(gish) stage. Hard to read signs so far from the previous games - Boly, Jota and Leo all featured against Yeovil when you might not have expected them to, he decided to play all our first choice back three (from who was fit) against Bristol Rovers. He may see this as an opportunity to pit himself directly against Pep - as an ultra-ambitious guy this is the level he will like to operate on one day - and we can only do that if we go fairly strong.

Leo is the only player I would say we absolutely cannot risk at this stage, he's too important to us and we can't directly replace him.

My first away day since 2008 (excepting a very pleasant trip to Bala in July...but that's kind of different) and first trip back to Manchester in almost a decade - I haven't been able to travel for a very long time. Looking forward to it!

City fans seem to think they'll go something like:

--------------------Bravo-----------------

Danilo------Mangala-----Adarabioyo---Zinchenko

-------------Gündogan-----Toure--------------

---------B Silva------Diaz------Sané------------

--------------------Agüero---------------------------
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

We cant go into the City game with the normal League Cup side we'll get hammered, it has to be near full strength.

I'd go with a fully changed team with the exception of Douglas staying in as I'd play Vinagre on Saturday. RWB will be a square peg of some description, but I'd still not play Doherty.

I'd go:

-------------------Norris-------------------

----Bennett-------Boly------Hause--------

Prince-----Price------N'Diaye--------Douglas

Costa-----------Wilson---------Ronan----

Has Prince been found?

He played right back for the U23s last week, perhaps with this in mind.

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Quote Originally Posted by Trips View Post
    Has Prince been found?
    Played at RB for the U23's last week.

I'd probably give Vinagre some game time for the sake of sharpness, but I'd unquestionably play him at QPR
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

Norris

Boly Miranda Hause

Doherty Neves N'Daiye Vinagre

Costa Jota Enobakhare
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hélder Costa

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    Norris

Boly Miranda Hause

Costa Jota Enobakhare

That would be my team, although it wouldn't surprise me to see Nuno play Bennett at RWB instead of Doherty.

Are you staying in Manchester tomorrow Mr Lycan?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    I'd go with a fully changed team with the exception of Douglas staying in as I'd play Vinagre on Saturday. RWB will be a square peg of some description, but I'd still not play Doherty.
    Agree, Would change the complete team, would also rest Douglas who is working his way back to first team match fitness.
    In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.

I think he'll rest Doherty. Prince seems to be lined up as mentioned he played RB for the U23s. Don't think he'd play Buur away at Man City.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    Norris

Boly Miranda Hause

Costa Jota Enobakhare
    I think this would be my team, maybe Cavaleiro instead of Jota. I could see the midfield being Saiss/Price and N'Diaye as well.

I'd like us to really go for it but I think Nuno will rest quite a few but keep a couple of first team players as he has done generally so far. Hard to predict who though!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    That would be my team, although it wouldn't surprise me to see Nuno play Bennett at RWB instead of Doherty.

Are you staying in Manchester tomorrow Mr Lycan?

I'm booked onto the night bus back after the game but tbh I'm still not sure if I'm going to go.

I should've given Dan my ticket after the PNE game but I completely forgot.

I think Nuno might go strong on this one (not saying I would) as it is a good test for where our team is at.

But then we played a second team at Southampton so who knows. I'd probably rest the regulars, but will they want that? The best players want to play against the best.

There's an international break after the Fulham game so I wouldn't worry too much about fitness at this stage.

I hope some of Norris, N'Daiye, Boly, Hause, Vinagre, Costa and Enobakhare get minutes but apart from that we should be picking our best side and trying to beat City.

All the tickets for the game being shown in the 3 bars at Molineux are now sold out.

I'm surprised so many think that we should play the full side in this one. Given our current league position i think we shuld take every opportunity to rest the regulars.

It is not so much a case of fatigue, but given the treatment that Jota, Neves and a few others get on a regular basis from other sides, surely the concern would just be an accumulation of damage. Don't forget that a lot of our foreign contingent won't get a rest during the international break, they will away with full or u23/21 sides.

These games are also an opportunity to give some of the fringe and returning players game time to reach fitness. That this is important has been apparent for players like Costa, and would also allow the likes of Boly to regain sharpness.

No disrespect to all those going, or watching back at the Mol, however, the league is too important.

Quote Originally Posted by ndorsetwolf View Post
    I'm surprised so many think that we should play the full side in this one. Given our current league position i think we shuld take every opportunity to rest the regulars.

It is not so much a case of fatigue, but given the treatment that Jota, Neves and a few others get on a regular basis from other sides, surely the concern would just be an accumulation of damage. Don't forget that a lot of our foreign contingent won't get a rest during the international break, they will away with full or u23/21 sides.

These games are also an opportunity to give some of the fringe and returning players game time to reach fitness. That this is important has been apparent for players like Costa, and would also allow the likes of Boly to regain sharpness.

No disrespect to all those going, or watching back at the Mol, however, the league is too important.
    I agree.

I think we will go close to a full strength side but Norris, Vinagre (who should come in anyway after Douglas being poor) N'Daiye, Boly, Hause & Costa come in at the very least.

We could see something like this,

-------------Norris--------------------
    ----Bennett----Boly---Hause--------
    Doc---------------------------Vinagre
    ----------N'Daiye----Neves-----------
    ---Costa-------Leo--------Jota-------- Maybe Cav for Jota as he has played more.

I don't think he should go full 2nd team as it will be demoralizing to get absolutely humped.

Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    I agree.
    I disagree, a dicking would knock us about a tad. Put a second string out and we will get absolutely battered.

City aren't likely to kick us though are they?

The only player I'd be protecting is Leo.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirkafleeg View Post
    I disagree, a dicking would knock us about a tad. Put a second string out and we will get absolutely battered.
    You could go with the strongest team possible and still concede a cricket score the way City are playing at the moment, it's not like their second string is going to be a bunch of nobodies.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

We are trying to develop this team for Premier League football, so its an important game to see if our lads can compete with the best team in the country. Sending a second string out will be nonsense.