• Voted Leave, Still Leave

4 11.43%
  • Voted Leave, Now Remain

1 2.86%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brexit, 15 months(ish) on

Brexit, 15 months(ish) on

Just seeing where everyone is...

For me, whatever the feelings were in 2016 - it is quite apparent now that the Government has no plan whatsoever and the course they feel compelled to carry on with will inevitably be seriously damaging to the country, for decades. So why would you carry on with such a course.

Those who used it as a protest vote as they felt left behind - which I get - well, it's done fuck all, has it. We're already doing worse than we were pre-referendum and Westminster still doesn't give a fuck about you. And Arron Banks isn't going to help you.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Remain

Remain

Not exactly a surprising revelation, I appreciate...
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    I was talking to my mates dad about this the other day. He voted leave and would do so again 'because we more than paid what we owed in the war and the EU now owes us'.

I quickly changed the subject to Wolves.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

at least pick a war when we weren't on the side of the French.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    I was talking to my mates dad about this the other day. He voted leave and would do so again 'because we more than paid what we owed in the war and the EU now owes us'.

I quickly changed the subject to Wolves.
    As ludicrous as that is, this is the issue with a second referendum. Even if it were fought purely on facts, the Leave side are way too entrenched now.

So thanks for that, Messrs Cameron (for it was his fault for even starting this farce), Farage and Dacre. Basically we all have to undergo at least 20 years of total shite to prove it was a terrible idea in the first place.

Twitter
    Facebook

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    As ludicrous as that is, this is the issue with a second referendum. Even if it were fought purely on facts, the Leave side are way too entrenched now.

So thanks for that, Messrs Cameron (for it was his fault for even starting this farce), Farage and Dacre. Basically we all have to undergo at least 20 years of total shite to prove it was a terrible idea in the first place.
    Yep. Doesn't matter how much of a pigs ear is made of this whole farce, there are a lot of people who won't even consider that side of the argument.

'Great' Britain ay we. <whistles Rule Britannia>
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Imagine if I'd told you 10 years ago that the country would be primarily following the political agenda of John Redwood, Bill Cash and Jacob Rees-Mogg. You'd have had me sectioned.

Twitter
    Facebook

Voted remain,still remain, and can never get a sensible answer when I ask "taking our country back from what?" Answers normally forriners,taking our benefits and our jobs to which I reply "Aah schrodigers immigrants" to blank looks.
    A lot of the talk I here driving the buses about is we'll be able to find jobs easier when forriners get sent back,and I always think yea that's right love,you've left school with nothing probably,and are now a 20 year old mother of three so when professor Patel the neurosurgeon is sent home,you'll be stepping up to do that will you?

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    Yep. Doesn't matter how much of a pigs ear is made of this whole farce, there are a lot of people who won't even consider that side of the argument.

'Great' Britain ay we. <whistles Rule Britannia>
    There was a Tory on Sunday Politics yesterday rubbishing the remainer economic arguments saying it was impossible to predict the future. Fair enough. Then went on to say things will be great after Brexit. He was asked how he could be sure given he just said it was impossible to predict things. He said he was sure because he 'believed in Britain'.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

I couldn't see what good would come of Brexit originally and I still can't.
    The only possible way in which life in Britain *might* have been better afterwards is a push towards less centralised government and more local decision making and accountability as I do think our democratic system is too far removed from people. However the reality is that's not going to happen. Brexit will be a wealth and power grab by "chaos capitalists" who thrive by smashing things up and then picking up the spoils. Power, influence and wealth will end up in still fewer hands than before with even less oversight.

Equally this poll seems to be showing that those who voted remain are entrenched in their views.... However it could be because there is still no rational argument for Brexit, or any plan to make a success of it!
    "FFS Costa" with or without an apostrophe?

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiwolf View Post
    Equally this poll seems to be showing that those who voted remain are entrenched in their views.... However it could be because there is still no rational argument for Brexit, or any plan to make a success of it!
    I think most people accept that it's happening, but just think it remains a really bad idea, no pun intended.

Iím fairly ambivalent towards it in all honesty.

If the Government was showing any sort of rational action plan or strategy then maybe my vote would change but itís clearly a complete clusterfuck of a strategy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would it be worth adding two more choices?

"Didn't vote, now remain"
    "Didn't vote, now leave"

There are two "victories" that I think would be acceptable from Brexit negotiations. Immigration controls and a trade deal - if the government gets these two issues sorted they are on a winner. Trouble is, there is scant evidence that either of these are going to be achieved. The immigration argument has been largely given up on by the government and the EU are sounding very pessimistic about a trade deal.
    No.

Brexit was a ridiculous idea that is getting worse the longer it goes on. Not helped by our governments lack of any sort of coherent strategy.

It was sheer lunacy but so many Brexit supporters come across like religious fanatics that are blinded by their hatred of the EU or immigrants that nothing will convince them that it is a bad idea.

There are plenty of comments along the lines of 'Brexit will bring many benefits to Britain' but since the referendum I haven't seen a single benefit as a result of the vote nor can any leave voter seem to be able to enlighten me to any benefits.
    I pledge my grievance to the flag

Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus Dan View Post
    Brexit was a ridiculous idea that is getting worse the longer it goes on. Not helped by our governments lack of any sort of coherent strategy.

It was sheer lunacy but so many Brexit supporters come across like religious fanatics that are blinded by their hatred of the EU or immigrants that nothing will convince them that it is a bad idea.

There are plenty of comments along the lines of 'Brexit will bring many benefits to Britain' but since the referendum I haven't seen a single benefit as a result of the vote nor can any leave voter seem to be able to enlighten me to any benefits.
    Yep.

Loads of people have felt (correctly) that they have been ignored by the political class and that the system isn't working for them. Brexit was a big fuck you to the establishment but unfortunately a lot of the anger was misplaced and the whole nation will suffer as a result.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
    Yep.

Loads of people have felt (correctly) that they have been ignored by the political class and that the system isn't working for them. Brexit was a big $#@! you to the establishment but unfortunately a lot of the anger was misplaced and the whole nation will suffer as a result.
    This is how it looked from the outside, definitely.

The people who voted Leave had been totally ignored by the UK government for too long, but then because of simple In-Group vs. Out-Group psychology they were all too willing to buy it when the UK gov't told them it was actually the EU that didn't care about them.

In short, they're taking their anger out on the wrong people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo„o Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

It was repeated ad infinitum last year on this very forum. Every gripe that sector of the population had should have been directed at the domestic Government, principally this Tory administration. But no, they get voted back in and then we chuck ourselves off a cliff.

Top work.

Twitter
    Facebook

James is offline The Poster Equivalent of Bolton Wanderers
    Leave still leave forever Leave.

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Leave still leave forever Leave.
    If you do not wish to expand then fair enough, but as a young man living in a country which has benefited significantly from EU funding what is is that makes you so passionately in the leave camp?

Still of the same opinion, long term we are better off out, but short term there is and will be a lot of pain.

If the vote was tomorrow, my non-vote would now be remain.

I've spoke to quite a few remainers who would now vote leave based on the way the EU have acted.

I'm not sure there are that many leavers that have changed their mind.

The EU daring to negotiate on behalf of their members?

Quote Originally Posted by Visage View Post
    They are not negotiating on what is best though are they? They are negotiating to hold the EU together.

I can safely say I haven't found a single remainer who has changed their mind. Most remainers were expecting the EU to act this way, and the only cuntitude has come from our pathetic idiots negotiating

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Visage View Post
    Britain daring to negotiate on behalf of the country that voted to leave the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    They are not negotiating on what is best though are they? They are negotiating to hold the EU together.
    Not really. They can't negotiate much when our idiots don't know what they want.

Twitter
    Facebook

Exactly. The EU negotiate on behalf of the EU. Britain negotiates on behalf of Britain.

Sadly they have a royal flush and we have three jokers.

Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    Still of the same opinion, long term we are better off out, but short term there is and will be a lot of pain.

If the vote was tomorrow, my non-vote would now be remain.

I've spoke to quite a few remainers who would now vote leave based on the way the EU have acted.

I'm not sure there are that many leavers that have changed their mind.
    It's not an argument I understand. Whether you voted leave or remain, what do you expect the EU to do? We voted leave, they have so much more to offer than we do and lose if our deal is seen as easy or too advantageous. Why would their negotiation position at this stage be anything other than a hardline stance?