• Voted Remain, Now Leave

0 0%
  • Voted Leave, Still Leave

4 11.43%
  • Voted Leave, Now Remain

1 2.86%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brexit, 15 months(ish) on

No way Cameron could stay and negotiate Brexit. He was front and centre of Remain trail, once Leave won he had to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    Cameron. See my earlier posts. His abject failure to see through his crass error to iyts conclusion will go down as political cowardice on a grand scale. So he made way for a TM and co creating such havoc we now have a hung parliament and are in three times the mess we should have been or would have been if he stayed. Gideon was already history. Cameron, I felt , could have stayed. Other brexiters or on the fence brexiters would then have come forward instead of the them and us that has now been created. Yes it was always going to be tories leading us out but there could and should have been many better politicians with far more capable methods backed by a leader who could have looked stronger and yet humble. He fell on his sword and $#@!ed off when it got the slightest bit difficult and created the chaos void that these numpties have been only too keen to fill.
    Come on, Cameron wasn't every staying on, that much was clear. If you read the original 'In or Out' thread I'm sure you'll pretty much find consensus that if we voted to leave he'd have to resign. If you voted out in the belief that it would be Cameron rather than the current lot doing the deal then you fucked up.

I think Cameron was probably pushed as much as walked- he will have lost the confidence of remain supporting MPs after leading an abject campaign and would never have had much support on the right, mainly Brexit supporting wing of the party.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Come on, Cameron wasn't every staying on, that much was clear. If you read the original 'In or Out' thread I'm sure you'll pretty much find consensus that if we voted to leave he'd have to resign. If you voted out in the belief that it would be Cameron rather than the current lot doing the deal then you $#@!ed up.
    That I agree. But he couldnt get out of there fast enough. Not seen him for dust. Cowardly prick
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

That I agree. But he couldnt get out of there fast enough. Not seen him for dust. Cowardly prick
    The whole thing reeks of cowardice, he was scared that the UKIP vote would compromise the Conservative party at the 2015 election which is why he promised the referendum to cling to power.

Nice, over half of 65+ Leavers are happy for a family member to lose their job as long as Brexit goes through.

https://www.newstatesman.com/2017/08...r-own-children

Nope, not selfish at all, nope not at all.

Baby boomers, as a cohort, benefited from free education, generous welfare and cheap housing, then voted for parties which denied those things to their kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincs_Wolf View Post
    The whole thing reeks of cowardice, he was scared that the UKIP vote would compromise the Conservative party at the 2015 election which is why he promised the referendum to cling to power.
    yep.

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Nice, over half of 65+ Leavers are happy for a family member to lose their job as long as Brexit goes through.

https://www.newstatesman.com/2017/08...r-own-children

Nope, not selfish at all, nope not at all.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, that generation is going to be judged seriously badly in years to come.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, that generation is going to be judged seriously badly in years to come.
    as badly as those who voted Cameron in?
    Those who let Corbyn in?
    Those who voted UKIP?

Personally its relative. If brexit is a clusterfuck and we are all worse off , everyone hates us and it all goes to doomy shit then that generation will be pilloried. What if in 20 years we are seen as the catalysts for change as brexit proves to be the best thing that happened here? Would they be herealded posthumously as visionaries?

Yoiu cant say that now. You may think it and it is possible, it may even be moving towards probable but its still an unknown.

Not just for voting Brexit, the general attitude of "we've had our lot off the state, the rest of you can fuck off".

Also that generation will overwhelmingly make up who was responsible for our banking sector going to shit a decade ago. And they fostered Thatcherite economics (and by extension, Thatcherite social policies).
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Yeah that was more my point - they, massively, benefited from the NHS, free movement, free education, council houses etc - most of which will no longer be available for future generations. Contrast that with the previous two generations who fought in the world wars and set up the welfare state - it does not look great to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Not just for voting Brexit, the general attitude of "we've had our lot off the state, the rest of you can fuck off".

Also that generation will overwhelmingly make up who was responsible for our banking sector going to shit a decade ago. And they fostered Thatcherite economics (and by extension, Thatcherite social policies).
    When they're complaining of having piss poor care for the elderly how about we get them all a mirror and show them who's to blame.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

well if we had univeral basic income then it wouldnt be a debate for who was paying for their care as they would be

well if we had univeral basic income then it wouldnt be a debate for who was paying for their care as they would be
    Well we don't, so the debate continues.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

No we dont. But as a leaver I cant see the point of removing options from the negotiating table. Hard or soft brexit? Well that should be debated in its entirety not one side rules this out , the other rules out something else. It had become a farce and one reason I cant be bothered to post about it on here. You are , majority remain. Thats fine. I really dont know what it will end up looking like but really dislike options being excluded before we start. The EU still isnt thinking it has a structural issue, well at least not outwardly. The same issues still exist with it as did before the vote. We however have a weaker government trying to flex non existent muscles to little effect.

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Yeah that was more my point - they, massively, benefited from the NHS, free movement, free education, council houses etc - most of which will no longer be available for future generations..
    I say this to my father in law but apparently these things are luxuries and we can't afford them now.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

Tell him we think the same about his pension.

Rich prick doesn't need it anyway. In true baby boomer style he managed to buy a house for 2.99 back in the day and then flog it for 500k 25 years later.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

I have never read a single sound argument for us to leave. Not even in this thread.
    Reasons people gave/give for wanting to leave are quite honestly either lies or bullshit.
    We never lose. We either win or we learn.

If you notice the tone has changed somewhat too. Now it's about 'surviving' being 'alright' and 'getting behind it'. If Brexit fails it will now be the fault of remainers.

Cities that entered bids to be the European city of culture 2023,told their bids can't go through because of brexit,and the councillors and local MPs moaning it's not fair they can't enter,Whod have thought it ay,post brexit Britain can't enter an EU sponsored competition
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

It reminds me of when the thickos asked if we would be able to enter the Eurovision, Euro Champs and Ryder Cup after we'd voted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
    Rich prick doesn't need it anyway. In true baby boomer style he managed to buy a house for 2.99 back in the day and then flog it for 500k 25 years later.
    Your friends list is empty