Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: The Velotard Thread.

went out on the bike last night as I ha only been out once in over a week. Really enjoyed the cycle, and needed the exercise! Definitely going out again tonight.
    Anyway, I mentioned there was a hill I could never make it up on my old bike. So part way through last night I thought fuck it, gonna go see if I can climb it. And I did. I fucking made it. 2.5 years I cycled to work and never got up that hill.
    Of course, it would have been quicker to have got off and pushed the bike up, but that isn,t the point. Fucking did it.
    On matchdays, my name is darlowolf

machin05 is offline MURDERS BADGERS. PTG Dogsbody and Spreadsheet MasterN3rd
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonjelly View Post
    went out on the bike last night as I ha only been out once in over a week. Really enjoyed the cycle, and needed the exercise! Definitely going out again tonight.
    Anyway, I mentioned there was a hill I could never make it up on my old bike. So part way through last night I thought fuck it, gonna go see if I can climb it. And I did. I fucking made it. 2.5 years I cycled to work and never got up that hill.
    Of course, it would have been quicker to have got off and pushed the bike up, but that isn,t the point. Fucking did it.
    Well done mate! Always great to overcome an old nemesis of a hill.

Did the Burway a couple of weekends ago (I think, completely lost track of days!). It was prior to the lock down, so was out with a group. That was a savage beast of a climb. Solid pain cave for over 15 minutes. The sense of achievement is unbeatable tho.

Been out a couple of times this week. The weather has been too good to stay in. Nothing too major. 20-25 miles. Don't want to be venturing too far from home in the current climate.
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.