Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Molineux Extension

Molineux Extension

I was told at the game tonight by someone I trust that the second the season ends work will start on extending the southbank backwards up the car park as well as to the sides. I hope he's correct its definately the place to start for me.
    We will get 50pts (I worked it out on my computer) W13 D11 L14

Unless we have put in for planning permission, which nobody has mentioned that's not going to happen.

Should be easy enough to check if someone has the time

http://www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/planningapplications
    I have 2 friends

There's nothing relevant in the city council's Planning Portal.

The South Bank has its own building record online and the only thing I can see is the Morgan-era outline application.

Would be surprised if the current regime opt for one stand at a time developments. Suspect they're more likely to adapt/re-write the original plans and do the Steve Bull and SB at the same time.
    On matchdays, my name is darlowolf

Quote Originally Posted by lemonjelly View Post
    Would be surprised if the current regime opt for one stand at a time developments. Suspect they're more likely to adapt/re-write the original plans and do the Steve Bull and SB at the same time.
    Not likely if you lose north of 12000 paying customers for the season.

The time to build should have been when we were relegated to the Championship. I can understand the business decision not to at the time but if you always had ambitions to get back into the Premier League then building when you had less fans attending would make better sense.

From Dudley to Malta and back to Stourbridge
    With the amount of work required to seriously increase ground capacity, is the only feasible way forward to ground share for 1 season ?
    We're all doomed

Or relocate to an all new stadium on the edge of the city ......
    Do not measure the wolf's tail till he is dead.....

Yes I have looked at the planning site no sign at all. I am starting to seriously doubt it now. Funny how a few beers makes you more optimistic.
    One caviat to that is I once bought a house on an estate in Dudley and the searches were all clear, a few weeks after I moved in loads of housing started being built, residence up in arms as nobody knew it was gonna happen (losing the chance to object). The council had kept it unnoficial and rubber stamped it at the last moment. That was to get in some social housing though which was needed unless Wolves dont wish anyone to know (no reason for that I can think of)

Hate the idea of moving the ground out of town. Love the pubs and short walk to the ground. Business would suffer in the town.

Dont see who we can ground share with who could house us, better off closing a stand off at a time.

There's a thread on Mol Mix about ground expansion which is almost at 50 pages now. Lots of waffle but there's plenty of good discussion being had on it.

Can only see temp seating being put in for next season to bump capacity to about 31,600.

Quote Originally Posted by malta mick View Post
    With the amount of work required to seriously increase ground capacity, is the only feasible way forward to ground share for 1 season ?
    Only plausible option would be the Hawthorns, and that would make 'Pie and Pint'-gate look like a playground squabble.

Quote Originally Posted by malta mick View Post
    No as said Hawthorns is the only option as You can’t really have Villa Park and Hawthorns being used on the same day.
    Only other option would be to wait until 2022 and use the commonwealth games stadium.

James is offline The Poster Equivalent of Bolton Wanderers
    Wasn’t the plan for the Steve Bull to demolish it and rebuild without moving.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Wasn’t the plan for the Steve Bull to demolish it and rebuild without moving.
    Yes but the concern is it would take 2 seasons and the capacity would drop to around 22000.

Other than immediately post WW2, I can't think of one example of a club ground sharing with another due to a stadium rebuild and can't see it happening in this instance either.

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Other than immediately post WW2, I can't think of one example of a club ground sharing with another due to a stadium rebuild and can't see it happening in this instance either.
    Fulham?
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    Fulham?
    Apart from Fulham at QPR I can't think of one example...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Apart from Fulham at QPR I can't think of one example...
    Charlton?
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Charlton?
    That wasn't really a rebuild they got kicked out of the Valley for about a decade.

At the risk of getting massive pelters I wouldn't mind that much if wolves developed a purpose built new stadium at, say, the old good year site.

Steve Bull stand is very outdated now and needs rebuilding, I’d say the South bank and Billy wright were also built with not to much consideration to fan comfort especially on the concourse which can be very congested at half time.
    The rebuild in the early 90s shot up in 2 years and it shows at times.

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    At the risk of getting massive pelters I wouldn't mind that much if wolves developed a purpose built new stadium at, say, the old good year site.
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    No fucking chance. A complete pain in the arse to reach if we move away from the city centre.

Which I'd be amazed if we did.

No fucking chance. A complete pain in the arse to reach if we move away from the city centre.

Which I'd be amazed if we did.
    Not that much of a pain if, say, you live in staffordshire

I'm sure it won't happen, but you can see the benefit (and dis-benefits) when you visit a purpose built stadium like the Ricoh.

Stafford Road wouldn’t be able to cope with that volume of traffic plus expect a huge big no from residence in Oxley and
    Bushbury.
    Molineux isn’t that bad to get away from if you don’t mind a 10 minute walk to the car, train etc.

I like Molineux where it is. Don't want some souless identikit ground in the middle of fucking nowhere that is a pain to get to, hello Reading and Bolton.

I would much, much rather we rebuild it than move elsewhere, whether that be with a reduced capacity for a time or a ground share for a season.

Quote Originally Posted by jd1981 View Post
    Yes but the concern is it would take 2 seasons and the capacity would drop to around 22000.
    I find that hard to beleive. If you started in May you could surely have it done by the following August?

Maybe even get a bit more time if you asked the league for away games at either end of the period.

Couldn't they open the lower tier whilst the work on the upper tier continues, like we did with the North Bank? Doubt we'd have to take a whole side of the ground completely out of action for that long.

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Couldn't they open the lower tier whilst the work on the upper tier continues, like we did with the North Bank? Doubt we'd have to take a whole side of the ground completely out of action for that long.
    That was the original plan on the Bully rebuild.