Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Molineux Extension

Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    Ignoring Coronavirus etc, if we had a game in two or 3 weeks time and had 37000 seats to sell, I don’t think we’d sell out.

So as a result, demolish the steve bull and rebuild it with all the non matchday stuff we don’t have and put in all the corporate stuff we need to make money. If we can get an extra 5k seats in then happy days. But the main reason to do it is because it’s not fit for purpose and we need the corporate and non matchday stuff rather than the potential to let a few extra people in. Demand at the moment isn’t as high as “10k in the W/L”
    Problem will always be that we lose a huge amount of capacity for up to two years.

From that point of view, we could have done it when we went down to League One. We didn't need the stand to even be there at the time...but of course Morgan had largely had enough by then and it would hardly have gone down well to carry on building massive new stands when we'd just had two relegations.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Problem will always be that we lose a huge amount of capacity for up to two years.

From that point of view, we could have done it when we went down to League One. We didn't need the stand to even be there at the time...but of course Morgan had largely had enough by then and it would hardly have gone down well to carry on building massive new stands when we'd just had two relegations.
    I know, but Iím not paid to know about football stadium architecture

Surely they can blitz it and out together some kind of temporary arrangement. Thereís pretty much enough room for a temp stand between the existing stand and the pitch. I remember Blackpool put a stand together between potion and the start of the league.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

I was on the parliament then as you remember. Moxey actually thought it was the perfect time to start phase two when Saunders introduced us to the nether regions of English football. Morgan disagreed.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Lincs_Wolf View Post
    I'd go as high as 45,000.

It won't sell out every week but big league games, derbies and hopefully European games would. It would be a potential venue for any competition bids and we could benefit from concerts whilst the council continue to destroy the Civic.

The extra empty seats could be given to schools and have a secondary or extended family enclosures, or they could have concessionary tickets for services, NHS etc. Make attending individual games more accessible for low earners.

The expansion needs to be parallel to a progressive ticketing strategy that accepts there is a ceiling on disposable cash for the vast majority of people from Wolverhampton and surrounding areas.
    Sounds pretty spot on for me this for me