Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Molineux Extension

Quote Originally Posted by MARKakaJIM View Post
    Those two statements don't really correlate.

The ridiculous building in China that was originally cited went up that quickly entirely because there was a shed load of prior planning and design before things got to site. A lot of the new modular building techniques aren't really speeding up a project life cycle all that much, what they do for the most part is transfer a lot of the time into pre-construction activities and leave you with a lot less work to do on site but the time from conception to completion isn't all that different a lot of the time.
    Ehh, kinda. You get a hell of a lot of stuff built to duplicated plans over there (like a typical European or American volume house builder, but much more comprehensive and ambitious in scale), which is a big part of it as well. The stories of "this building went up in only x days" do elide that prior planning, but also often that it's the umpteenth copy of that building, and with every copy it's easier to shave time off total construction time.

This is all kind of beside the point for Molineux, mind, because we don't really know how ambitious Fosun want to be. Something generic, or iterating on Morgan's original design, will likely be easier and quicker to implement than something completely new, both in terms of planning and in terms of building schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    So what you're saying is that Fosun could've done all of the planning behind the scenes and are just waiting for a late application nod from the council before they throw up the new South Bank inside a month.

Works for me.
    Theoretically, yes, but in reality I'd think it almost certain than nothing would be happening this summer.

They'd probably have needed to submit a planning application before Christmas to have any chance of getting it approved and then getting a contractor signed up ready for work to commence after the final game, though Wolverhampton Council could do them a favour and turn their application round in double quick time. Though I don't imagine Fosun would've put themselves at such financial risk to get the sort of modular solution required to turn it round in one summer, if such a technique would even be feasible for a stadium, far enough through the manufacturing process to meet those dates without already having planning approval beforehand.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

Jinky is offline Has better things to do and a life. Also a total arse.
    https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...ge-south-bank/

Molineux's iconic South Bank stand could become one of the biggest single-tier stands in the country under initial Wolves stadium redevelopment plans, the Express & Star understands.
    Investment in the team and staying in the PL is first priority. Then they’ll look at expanding the South Bank to approx 10,000 seats.

Sounds good to me.

Love to see a design plan of this and how it may look.

Never be a better time to buy the land behind it.

Be a bit difficult to work out who owns it now I guess, should get a good price though.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by jd1981 View Post
    Love to see a design plan of this and how it may look.
    Probably isn't one yet, doesn't seem to any real substance in the story other than a few old,vague, regurgitated quotes from LD.

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Be a bit difficult to work out who owns it now I guess, should get a good price though.
    It will be in the hands of the administrators, so should be fairly easy to sort.

James is offline The Poster Equivalent of Bolton Wanderers
    Even if they expand the South Bank to 10,000 surely the priority would be to demolish the Steve Bull first as it's the oldest stand in the ground.

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Even if they expand the South Bank to 10,000 surely the priority would be to demolish the Steve Bull first as it's the oldest stand in the ground.
    By doing the South Bank first it will minimise the loss to the capacity when the Bully is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    By doing the South Bank first it will minimise the loss to the capacity when the Bully is done.
    Good point didn't think of that. How much of the land behind the Steve Bull stand does the University own?

No - because you can expand the South Bank WITHOUT losing capacity. Plus the extra 5,000 in there partly negates the lost capacity when we do the Steve Bull.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Good point didn't think of that. How much of the land behind the Steve Bull stand does the University own?
    The other side of the road. The Feathers is definitely a university property now.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    No - because you can expand the South Bank WITHOUT losing capacity. Plus the extra 5,000 in there partly negates the lost capacity when we do the Steve Bull.
    Not sure about that. You'd need to remove the roof to go backwards, and I'd imagine that would necessitate closing the stand until it was all done.

Liverpool found a way of expanding the stand significantly without closing it. Sure we can do something similar.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Liverpool did exactly what we would do. Build the extension framework and new tier and roof during the season, then collapse the old roof in the off season and join it all up.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

I can't see the point in expanding the current South Bank, it doesn't even line up with the North Bank since that was rebuilt. Just knock it down and do it properly.

How much capacity do we need, 40,000 max I'd say
    We will get 50pts (I worked it out on my computer) W13 D11 L14

45-50k

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    45-50k
    Isn’t that the maxium we could achieve in Molineuxs current location

Wonder if the local area would cope with an extra 20k every matchday? My go-to car parking spot for last 20 years has been found out this season. Canít turn up 10mins before kickoff anymore.

Isn’t that the maxium we could achieve in Molineuxs current location
    No

Google Maps is your friend. Have a look at the footprint of Old Trafford or the Emirates. You can actually fit a LOT of stadium into our footprint (obviously without car parking or the like, but just to show what could be fitted in)

2. Low Hill at Christmas

It would definitely require a full teardown and rebuild of Molineux, but you could theoretically mimic the Big House in Ann Arbor, Michigan, which is actually sunken into the ground a bit to accommodate the 100,000 capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo„o Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

Quote Originally Posted by StuardoWulf View Post
    How much capacity do we need, 40,000 max I'd say
    Id tend to agree, i reckon thats our limit regardless of how well we may do.
    "It was dear old sweet dumpy Wolverhampton"

Quote Originally Posted by SSB View Post
    Wonder if the local area would cope with an extra 20k every matchday? My go-to car parking spot for last 20 years has been found out this season. Can’t turn up 10mins before kickoff anymore.
    Same here,my spot for years has come under threat this season...used to do the walk back on our own and now it seems everyone parks that way.
    "It was dear old sweet dumpy Wolverhampton"

From the other side the Science Park is getting more difficult to park now if you turn up an hour before the game.

400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.
    Fosun have said that the South Bank won't be done next season. Even if we go up at the end of this. We have to go up, then stay up. Then it'll be considered.
    The land at the back of the South Bank is owned by Carillion who are in Administration, so how complex will that be to get our hands on that?
    Point is, if we have to wait 2 years, wont the whole debate on free standing have come on a bit?
    If that becomes the largest single tiered stand in the country AND we'll get all of it full of standing fans, it'll be like it used to be when I went and stood in it. Fantastic!

Apart from that, why would they have to close the bottom bit if they're extending/building the new one behind it, apart from doing a new roof?
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

They wouldn't. All the exits are to the sides so I can't see a problem really. Do the roof change over a close season having built the stand behind during the year. It worked for Liverpool.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.
    So doesn't that negate the argument of losing all the revenue by closing the whole end?
    I wonder if they could get more in if they steepen the angle of the back half?
    The view from the back of the old South Bank on a dry dark night under floodlights was stunning.

Does anyone think the free standing argument will make a difference?
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

Safe standing would be pretty irrelevant, although when people stand anyway and youíre doing a rebuild you may as well make it safe.