Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Leicester (A) build up thread

Leicester (A) build up thread

Patrício

Bennett Coady Boly

Jonny Moutinho Neves Vinagre

Costa Raúl Jota

SUBS: Ruddy, Dendoncker, Saïss, Doherty, Gibbs-White, Bonatini, Traoré/Cavaleiro/Enobakhare*

*depending on injuries

So excited for this, first away day of the season and I fancy us to take all 3 points

Leicester 1-2 Wolves (Vardy; Raúlito, Costa)
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hélder Costa

I would switch Jonny to the right and play Vinagre on the left, Doherty can fuck off. Do we have any idea how long Cav and Traore are out for?

Think this will be a draw, 1-1.

Agree with your team, except Dendoncker for Bennett - he did nothing wrong yesterday, but we need Dendonckers better passing and control to speed up our movement of the ball from the back.
    Feigning concern, a Labour pastime, makes you feel doubtful right from the start. The expression he pulls is exactly like last time, got to assume he just hasn't a brain!

I've got a nagging feeling that when Dendoncker comes in it'll be at Coady's expense.

Jinky is offline Has better things to do and a life. Also a total arse.
    I don’t think Nuno will destroy Doherty’s confidence after one game by dropping him.

It’ll be the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    I've got a nagging feeling that when Dendoncker comes in it'll be at Coady's expense.
    I think so too.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
    I don’t think Nuno will destroy Doherty’s confidence after one game by dropping him.

It’ll be the same team.
    I dunno.

I think Nuno will be doing whatever he needs for the Greater Good.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Can't be dropping coady after one game, he was superb last season and is the heart of the team.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    I dunno.

I think Nuno will be doing whatever he needs for the Greater Good.
    The Greater Good.

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Can't be dropping coady after one game, he was superb last season and is the heart of the team.
    Depends on where they see Dendoncker fitting in. His passing range is very similar to Codes, he's technically a much better footballer and a better defender.

I love Coady as much as the next Wolves fan but there's no room for sentimentality here.

The Greater Good.
    Gotta love an opportunity for a Hot Fuzz quote.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Think you’re been a bit harsh on Doherty, I don’t think he had too bad a game.

I’d imagine it will be the same starting eleven, but hopefully have a stronger bench.

Patrício

Bennett Coady Boly

Doherty Dendoncker Neves Jonny

Cavaleiro Raúl Jota

Assuming Cav is fit.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    Think you’re been a bit harsh on Doherty, I don’t think he had too bad a game.

I’d imagine it will be the same starting eleven, but hopefully have a stronger bench.
    No Doherty didn't have a really bad game (not a great one either) but we know his crossing is poor & too often (especially in the second half when they were down to 10) he turned back & refed Bennett which allowed Everton to get back in shape which closed off opportunities.

Suspect that we won't go for massive changes, but Dendocker will have had a weeks intensive training with the squad & will then depend on the fitness of Cav & Traore

Would still like Vinagre to get a start on the left with Jonny moving to the right at some point and see whether that improves us (Vinagre was lively when he came on yesterday)
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

(paused for the moment, but hopefully to be continued)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkins left foot View Post
    No Doherty didn't have a really bad game (not a great one either) but we know his crossing is poor & too often (especially in the second half when they were down to 10) he turned back & refed Bennett which allowed Everton to get back in shape which closed off opportunities.

Suspect that we won't go for massive changes, but Dendocker will have had a weeks intensive training with the squad & will then depend on the fitness of Cav & Traore

Would still like Vinagre to get a start on the left with Jonny moving to the right at some point and see whether that improves us (Vinagre was lively when he came on yesterday)
    We’ll have to see what he’s like on the right, but Jonny doesn’t really get forward at all so not sure why it would be an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    We’ll have to see what he’s like on the right, but Jonny doesn’t really get forward at all so not sure why it would be an improvement.
    Possibly not (only seen him in one game so far) but he is better defensively & Everton got their success down that side & at least tries to negate that. Vinagre gives us a more attacking outlet on the left & happier with him having Boly behind him (even though he started out playing in second gear as if he was still in the Championship - he got his head together later on & am sure that he can get to the level required)

Finding the criticism of Jonny quite strange. Thought he had a good game yesterday, proper footballer. Just because he can't tie his opposition full back in knots like Vinagre doesn't mean he can't get forward.

Patrício

Bennett Coady Boly

Jonny Moutinho Neves Vinagre

Costa Raúl Jota

SUBS: Ruddy, Dendoncker, Saïss, Doherty, Gibbs-White, Bonatini, Traoré/Cavaleiro/Enobakhare*

*depending on injuries

So excited for this, first away day of the season and I fancy us to take all 3 points

Leicester 1-2 Wolves (Vardy; Raúlito, Costa)
    I agree with all of this

It'll be the same team with Dendoncker, Cav and Traore all on the bench for Bright, Hause and MGW fitness permitting.

Reserving judgement on Jonny right now, don't know what to make of him. Everton were quiet down their right but then I think that was mainly because Silva wanted them to target our right side knowing it was much weaker, and Theo Walcott was very poor.

I thought Jonny was fucking excellent personally.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

I thought Johnny was great. Our error was to send way too much play down our right where Doherty would slow everything down. Add in the fact Costa wasn't at the races and we really did offer nothing down that side yet time and again that was where we'd send the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    I thought Johnny was great. Our error was to send way too much play down our right where Doherty would slow everything down. Add in the fact Costa wasn't at the races and we really did offer nothing down that side yet time and again that was where we'd send the ball.
    I think part of that was Everton allowed us the space down that side because they knew we couldn't hurt them as long as they doubled up on Helder and cut off the easy pass into Moutinho. Made Doherty's only option to either cross the ball into a crowd of players or recycle the ball back to Bennett.

Up until they decided to bring all their players back and defend their lead Big Sam-style Everton's tactics were spot-on. Knew where to attack and how to shut down our attacking options effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    Defensively, Jonny was very good and also tidy when he had the ball, but when you’re playing formation with wing backs then you need your full back to overlap else your formation doesn’t work. I’d play Vinagre over him when we are playing the lesser teams.

I wouldn't. I would play Vinagre and swap the wing backs to get rid of the real weak link in Doherty.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    I wouldn't. I would play Vinagre and swap the wing backs to get rid of the real weak link in Doherty.
    Agree. I don’t think it will happen just yet but eventually that’s what I see happening. Until January maybe anyway if we go back in for Zinchenko or another wing back

Agreed. I've been saying for months that he will receive the ball in acres of space and then kill the pace of the attack by not moving the ball forwards quickly enough and ends up going back to whoever is at RCB or at best into the middle, yesterday was no different and it wasn't down to the opposition. I'm not berating him here either, he wasn't bad yesterday, but he doesn't offer what a wing back should and it's key to the way we play. I can't see him ever improving that side of his game either. Vinagre on the left and Jonny on the right for me, Vinagre looked quality when he came on yesterday and Jonny was very good throughout. He may even be more comfortable moving forwards on his stronger foot if he's on the right.

Zinchenko I wouldn’t bother with again now. Didn’t make the 18 again today clearly going to play a very very small part for City at best and rejected the opportunity to play a much more significant role here. Doesn’t create a great impression of the player.

Vinagre gave us an impetus that the others hadn't when he came on - he's inexperienced, but happier that he has Boly behind him as he's the most accomplished defender we have (even though he didn't show it to begin with & still appeared to playing in Championship mode in second gear to start with - it improved & no doubt Nuno will have something to say on Monday re weaknesses we had).

Suspect that we will still look to improve/deal with this area in the Jan window