Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fifa 19 Thread - yay, a card game on the telly!

James is offline The Poster Equivalent of Bolton Wanderers

A couple more...

Hang on, I didn't think you could as us on the demo?

I’m not playing the demo.

Seena couple of videos on youtube, theyve done a good job of molineux

Tactical defending is going to be hard to get used to. 2 wins 2 defeats at Squad battles today. Although my Portuguese team isnt that good at present.

What level you play at Quirk? Pro?

I think FIFA 19 is miles better than 18, the gameplay is a lot more fluid and defending actually seems a little bit easier.

My team on FIFA. Sacked off Jimenez as he wasn't cutting it, and swapped from our formation to 352 which is my usual fav. Moutinho is very good, even has decent stamina for a 32 year old. Dendoncker also very good.

I'm not the best but I like the feel of it. Earlier I managed to give 3 penalties away in a row, all by Boly . As in, I dived right, saved pen #1, slid in with Boly, got a yellow. Did exactly the same again, no yellow. Then a 3rd time, this time it went top right corner and Rui just missed it. 2nd yellow, Boly off. Wish I recorded it.

IMG_20180925_184645.jpg
    Time that you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    What level you play at Quirk? Pro?

I think FIFA 19 is miles better than 18, the gameplay is a lot more fluid and defending actually seems a little bit easier.
    I play World Class on career. Last season's squad battles was open to both legacy and tactical this season it's locked to tactical. Playing legacy for so long makes my fifa 19 harder but I'll learn and get better.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I don’t play online, I’d get mullered. I only play on Pro on career and am getting a little better, doubt I’ll ever get anywhere near being able to handle World Class though.

Tried Ultimate at my mates... I’ll stick to Legendary

My FUT team at the moment is:

Jota Jimenez Pedro

Rose Keita Henderson Mata

Smalling (CL) Stones Laporte

Pickford

I've got Benzema on the bench so as not to hurt my 98 Chemistry and Cuadrado and Icardi on loan. Really need to start earning some coins instead of spending them. Still think I prefer Career to FUT.

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    I've never really got into FUT. I much prefer career - and the journey is hammy but fun too.

Payday today so I might grab this over the weekend - I really can't wait to play at Molineux!
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quirkahampton

What benefit do you get from chemistry being high?

Quote Originally Posted by Carrotdude View Post
    What benefit do you get from chemistry being high?
    Players get stat boosts.

My team is nowhere near fully functional at present. Drawn 2 lost 3 of my divisional placing, I'm really struggling with tactical defending.

Just played my first online game in FUT, Divisional placing I think it was. My team was better than the kid I played (some French kid, could have only been about 12 from the sound of him as he kept moaning throughout the match) but he mullered me. I only managed three shots and just couldn't get an attack going, he had about 12 shots, hit the post, cleared off the line, deflected over... 0-0. Don't think I can be arsed with the online stuff, it got me way too angry fannying around like that trying to get near to his players.

I've always played Pro Evo (not very well), but after playing the demo I'm switching to FIFA this year.

I never play online but I still want to get the best experience...but I am useless!!!

Any top five tips to help my game would be very useful.

Thanks
    We never lose. We either win or we learn.

Fifa 19 along with the Pro arriving on Friday. Ended up getting 160 for my Slim 500gb so that's a feist.

I enjoyed the demo, it always takes a while to get used to the new gameplay, but it did seem more realistic. It was too easy perhaps to do a quick switch of play in 18 and exploit all sorts of space. I don't play online either, apart from the odd game 9f clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford Wolf View Post
    I've always played Pro Evo (not very well), but after playing the demo I'm switching to FIFA this year.

I never play online but I still want to get the best experience...but I am useless!!!

Any top five tips to help my game would be very useful.

Thanks
    Hold/Press LT to hold off a player. Can also use it when jumping for headers, backing into a player etc. Fighting for a loose ball, just press it. And to chest the ball down if you're controlling a big striker. Very handy online when people are trying to pace their way from behind and take the ball from you, and when they are pressuring your ass off in midfield. Not sure offline

Press LB to trigger a player run, RB to make a player come short if you need to force either

LB + RB + shoot for low driven shot. Still seems quite OP this year. Keeper can't get down quick enough to stop it

Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    Really need to start earning some coins instead of spending them. Still think I prefer Career to FUT.
    Not sure how accustomed you lot are to FUT. There's coin boosts available in the Catalogue from main screen. Select Ultimate Team and then apply the coin boosts (start with the 1000 ones!). Then every game you'll get like 1500 coins back. Also if you can fit some games in today/tonight in that Rivals thing, there's rewards coming from that later ish, depending what rank you are. That's all I've been doing so far. Gone up a few ranks and my reward looks alright for my efforts.
    EDIT: Also some free contracts with 99 games on them and free kits/balls to quick sell in catalogue.
    EDIT: The Rivals rewards are out. So you'll be working towards the next set of rewards, a week away maybe.

Could try fast-build up during attacks and try telling one of your CM's to stay back during attacks and to cover the centre rather than the wing, as you have 3 CBs. Seems to be working for me. Sort of counter attack style, way more passing options. And Neves doesn't venture forward, at all. (Both in custom tactics)

Also if you're being pressured like crazy, the other person has literally clicked one button. Again in custom tactics, 'constantly pressure' under defending. Hard but gotta try and pass around it, keep your back to players etc.

I'm far from being good but if you're new to online it will take some getting used to.

I love this - in the new FIFA, when negotiating with Petr Cech, he appears with his head guard on

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    I love this - in the new FIFA, when negotiating with Petr Cech, he appears with his head guard on
    Wow! The fact hes a 77 is shocking

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Wow! The fact he’s a 77 is shocking

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post

Alan Pardew has aged a lot but good to see he is back working in Football

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Alan Pardew has aged a lot but good to see he is back working in Football
    Off topic but fact of the day:

Exactly 6 years ago today, Alan Pardew signed an 8 year contract extension with Newcastle. So he still has 2 years left of it to run.

Just rage quit an online game, whoever it was I was playing against was just unbelievable. His players were twice as quick as mine, if I broke with a through ball with a good few yards head start he’d catch me before I even got near the area and barge me off the ball. I couldn’t hold the ball against him at all and he’d just keep barging me off somehow. None of his passes went astray once and he was pinging ridiculous shots at me from 30/40 yards which were all raspers. I turned it off when his second goal went in after half time from around 35 yards out.

Im in Division 6 on Rivals up to Rank 2. Hopefully get to Rank one. Drawn 1 Won 4 so far.

I’m not even ranked. Drew my first 0-0 and quit that second one. I’ve never seen anything like that, I don’t mind losing but not in that manner, I couldn’t even get hold of the fucking ball. Frank Ribery is not that fucking quick.