Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fifa 19 Thread - yay, a card game on the telly!

Bandyrastard is offline Strongest member of TWF - always propping up the league
    Still waiting for mine to be delivered

Fifa has arrived at the office this morning, can't wait to fire it up and play at the Mol tonight!

James is offline The Poster Equivalent of Bolton Wanderers
    I’m enjoying fifa and the batshit inconsistent AI. Lose 3-1 to Everton on opening day, win 1-0 against Liecester and then 6-0 against City on Legendary. Teams that start defensive beat me teams that start attacking Adama rips apart

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    I can confirm I am still very very very very very very very very very shit at FIFA....but now I can be shit at it at Molineux. I am a cyber version of Dean Saunders.

Fair play for accuracy from EA as someone in the crowd shouted "FORWARD" when it wasn't required

First game at Molineux lost 0-1 to Braunschweig. Too busy raging at the awful likenesses and Boly repeatedly ending up in the middle of our back 3.
    Hold the door...

Cranked the difficulty up in squad battles last night so I can learn how to play properly. It didn’t go too badly, only lost one game and only conceded one goal in four games. Just need to sharpen up my attacking play to score more and be more fluid. Made a pissed up purchase of Ederson as well to upgrade on Pickford. Got a pretty decent starting XI now with some good squad depth.

The AI on Pro Clubs actually have a brain now! You don't need to call for ball as much, they send you on runs etc, pass it about quite well. Much welcomed update but typically for EA, about fackin time mate.
    Time that you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

quirk and bandy are killing it on the transfer market... O_O
    <3 - guns, jesus, walmart, trucks, truck nuts, trump, brexit, rosters
    </3 - tea, kebabs, monarchies, EU, the deep state, nandos

Got my first XI up to this, but I need some really serious cash to start improving it now.

Got some decent subs and reserves as well but they fuck my Chemistry up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Aw, no Wolves players left in your XI.

Like the team. Do your LM and RM defend at all? So attacking ha...

They do yeah, it turns into a 5-4-1 when we're on the back foot. LM is a fucking hard position to fill, I had to put a modifier on Martial in the end to fill the void I left by trading out Rose in a Squad Builder Challenge. Some of those are fucking impossible.

Couldn't be doing with wingers as my wingbacks I don't think. I use proper fullbacks on 7 chemistry.

Try looking on Futbin SBC section for tips? Just check the price of each player first as people are crafty and price lock some of the more obscure ones. The set of 4 Nations ones have decent rewards if you haven't done them, and are fairly cheap to complete.
    Edit: with your 25k you'd do all 4 with a bit of luck with the packs as you go.

I always build a Wolves squad first thing, use them while the squad is still viable (before everyone gets loaded teams), and then focus on earning money and gaining cards from there.

Last edited by t3ch; 1st October 2018 at 11:39 PM.

Just sold Suarez for 388,000. Now to get Kane or Aguero to upgrade on Morata, unless there are better upgrades to the rest of the team available. Not at the PC at the moment to have a look and for some reason I don’t have access on the Companion app.

Just noticed your subs! Did you buy points or get really lucky?

James is offline The Poster Equivalent of Bolton Wanderers
    Fifa 19’s accuracy is scary this year

I don't get how people can enjoy playing the career mode. Ridiculous things happen, you could probably get Messi to sign for Lincoln in about 3 seasons, aside from that if you play vs the computer on any decent difficulty level they never give the ball away, the pass accuracy is always 90% or above and the AI predicts what you are going to do so all the games feel very similar as there are only so many ways you can break down the AI on world class or ultimate. Ultimate team is where its at now, that's why they have put all their time into developing it and the journey, the Career mode is exactly the same as it was in Fifa 18.

Quote Originally Posted by b3h View Post
    Just noticed your subs! Did you buy points or get really lucky?
    I bought some points, not many just a few to get a bit of a boost. I did the Aubameyang Squad Challenge as well which was a waste of time because I didn’t realise it was only a loan!

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    I don't get how people can enjoy playing the career mode. Ridiculous things happen, you could probably get Messi to sign for Lincoln in about 3 seasons, aside from that if you play vs the computer on any decent difficulty level they never give the ball away, the pass accuracy is always 90% or above and the AI predicts what you are going to do so all the games feel very similar as there are only so many ways you can break down the AI on world class or ultimate. Ultimate team is where its at now, that's why they have put all their time into developing it and the journey, the Career mode is exactly the same as it was in Fifa 18.
    I haven’t played career mode since 08 so I’ll give it a blast just to play with Wolves. I’m playing FUT on single player because I’m too shit to take on other players who’ve been playing it for years so there’s no fun in getting whupped all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    I haven’t played career mode since 08 so I’ll give it a blast just to play with Wolves. I’m playing FUT on single player because I’m too shit to take on other players who’ve been playing it for years so there’s no fun in getting whupped all the time.
    How did you get Suarez? Did you get lucky in a pack?

I've done a French team, best player is Kante. He is class.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    How did you get Suarez? Did you get lucky in a pack?

I've done a French team, best player is Kante. He is class.
    Yeah got him in a pack, best player I’ve had by miles. I checked the prices of Kane and Aguero before selling him to make sure I could upgrade my first team, still don’t know whether to go that way or buy a couple of other better players for other positions. Once you get to 83/84 and over the prices just rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    Yeah got him in a pack, best player I’ve had by miles. I checked the prices of Kane and Aguero before selling him to make sure I could upgrade my first team, still don’t know whether to go that way or buy a couple of other better players for other positions. Once you get to 83/84 and over the prices just rocket.
    Yeah, there are only 4 players I can get now to improve my French team. Varane, Pogba, Griezmann and Mbappe. The cheapest of those goes cheapest buy it now of about 270k. Need to save coins and hope prices come down a bit.

Casual Nainggolan on your bench too, he's worth loads.

I'm saving up but not sure what for. Can't really do much with my team if I want to keep Telles (which I do). Guess I could go for Boateng + Alaba + Goretzka but that's a heck of a lot of coinage for 3 players when it's only Felipe who's letting the team down.

Wilson, Neves and Rudiger can be upgraded without effecting chemistry. Maybe after that I'll just build another team.

Nainggolan always comes on for Jorginho as he gets fucked in the second half. I’ve got Angry Di Maria on the bench as well now and replaced Suarez with Timo Werner for the time being.

seems a waste to spend so much on regular gold players in the first week

Quote Originally Posted by t3ch View Post
    seems a waste to spend so much on regular gold players in the first week
    I know. Chemistry might force me too though; none of the Prem fullbacks are good enough for me and I hate Felipe ha.

I never really got into UT, I liked the idea with the chemistry thing adding an extra level to how your team performed but always found it impossible to build a decent team. Do you still only get to keep players/cards for a limited number of matches? I always found myself struggling to get anywhere near enough coins or whatever was needed to afford everything, if I bought packs then I'd always end up with useless stuff and if I tried to buy specific players then I'd end up running out of matches with half my existing squad.

Can't remember the last FIFA game I bought though to be fair, felt like they just kept making the controls more and more complicated to no real benefit so I gave up with it. If we ever get round to decorating enough of our house to facilitate a second TV then maybe I'll give it another go, until then the PS4 can add to it's 16 month hibernation.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

... mark have you been playing FUT without contract cards?

Quote Originally Posted by t3ch View Post
    ... mark have you been playing FUT without contract cards?
    Well that was the issue, if I focussed on specific positions then I had no coins for packs to get contract cards for the existing squad, if I bought packs then I never got good enough players to improve and just maintained what I had with contract cards. It just seemed a constant struggle to keep my head above water and never actually get anywhere.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

It's far more suited to playing and getting adequate rewards now than years gone by. They don't want anyone quitting, they want yer monies.