Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shamima Begum

Sod international law. I am pretty sure it is a breach of the laws of England and Wales.
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

This government and country never fails to disappoint.
    )

The standard of writing is appalling. Who the hell have they got working for the Home Office?
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Having dealt with them on and off over the years that tone and standard is very much house style.
    )

I wouldn't have that off a GCSE student. Dreadful. It's what, 150 words or so? And peppered with errors and stylistic issues of various magnitude.

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Not keen on that. Making someone effectively stateless is a shithouse move.

If she's committed a crime, prosecute her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    I presume the Home Sec has some sound legal advice and we are not going to see a shit ton of money wasted through the courts fighting this only to be told, as per International Law you can't do that.

Unless of course she has got dual citizenship then its all good and the matter is closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    That is a low move indeed. Not what I would expect from this supposedly liberal society we projected for years. Absolutely what I would expect from the current bunch of utter wankers in power here. Pandering to the fucking red tops again.

I also believe that taking citizenship from someone born a British citizen is basically constitutionally illegal.
    I reckon the advice is " she hasn't committed any offence that's easy to prove " so they are having a punt. It will, of course, be turned over on appeal. She is still walking.
    Remember, remember we are shit in November .

They simply don't want her coming back here, so this a move to try and avoid her either moving for it or being deported to here if she gets arrested elsewhere, all done to appease the types editing the Daily Heil.

I presume they have found out she has dual citizenship with Bangladesh. It's a fair move from the government if that's the case. She would cost a fortune in protection and there is a real risk to safety of the public.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    so they are having a punt.
    Might just be me but if our Government is going take action I would prefer it to be based on legal fact rather than taking a "punt" as if they are doing a £1 accumulator with Paddy Power

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    I presume they have found out she has dual citizenship with Bangladesh. I
    Its this or our Government is incompetent.

They simply don't want her coming back here, so this a move to try and avoid her either moving for it or being deported to here if she gets arrested elsewhere, all done to appease the types editing the Daily Heil.
    Appease the Daily Heil editors? Really? Not for the safety of the public?

Its this or our Government is incompetent.
    You'd hope it's the former wouldn't you. But let's face it competence isn't this governments forte.

Yes really.

I don't think she is a particular risk. Idiot, rather than nutter.

Yes really.

I don't think she is a particular risk. Idiot, rather than nutter.
    I think it's a mistake to call her an idiot or a nutter. She's a dangerous person by association and has been exposed to an evil ideology. To dismiss that as idiocy isn't clever.

The biggest concern now is another nutter or group of nutters plan a revenge attack.

Sky are reporting that she does have dual nationality

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    Case closed then if Sky are correct

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    Well, they weren’t going to do it on a whim.

Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    Well, they weren’t going to do it on a whim.
    Other places going with "she may have" so a chance they have done it on a whim.

BBC reporting that citizenship has been removed from other dual nationals previously, without stating she has dual national status. We shall see.

the government would not be able to remove Begum’s British citizenship if she is not a dual national, as that would leave her stateless, which is contrary to international law. However, the home secretary has been advised that because Begum’s mother holds a Bangladeshi passport, he may be able to.

From this....it is very much taking a punt

That would mean she has to actively claim Bangladeshi citizenship...and they can say no if they want.

As for appeasing the Heil, never underestimate how close Cruella is to Dacre. Which is a horrifying partnership. I'd rather have dinner with Nigel Farage, Piers Morgan and Hitler's ghost than those two.

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Not keen on that. Making someone effectively stateless is a shithouse move.

If she's committed a crime, prosecute her.
    I presume the Home Sec has some sound legal advice and we are not going to see a shit ton of money wasted through the courts fighting this only to be told, as per International Law you can't do that.

Unless of course she has got dual citizenship then its all good and the matter is closed
    the government would not be able to remove Begum’s British citizenship if she is not a dual national, as that would leave her stateless, which is contrary to international law. However, the home secretary has been advised that because Begum’s mother holds a Bangladeshi passport, he may be able to.

From this....it is very much taking a punt
    Yep!
    Remember, remember we are shit in November .

James is offline The Poster Equivalent of Bolton Wanderers
    Sky news reporting shes a dual citizen to Bangladesh

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Sky news reporting shes a dual citizen to Bangladesh
    Others saying she may...scroll up the thread Jimmy

However, it now appears Javid has been advised he can use the Bangladeshi citizenship of Begum’s mother to prevent her return. In the view of the family’s lawyer, however, that advice is incorrect. “Our view is that this would be illegal because they would make her a stateless person, in breach of international law. We are surprised the home secretary does not understand international law, or care about international law,” Akunjee said.

“If he were to attempt to put such orders on, we would explore all legal options to block his unlawful actions or appeal. If we can get an injunction, we will.”

Begum’s relatives have called for her to be looked upon as a “girl who was groomed at the age of 15”. They said that comments she has made to journalists, characterised by some as betraying a lack of remorse, should be viewed with skepticism.

“We are also mindful that Shamima is currently in a camp surrounded by Isis sympathisers, and any comments by her could lead directly to danger to her and her child,” they told ITV News.

He would break the British Nationality Act unless he can get his argument in under Section 40 (4) which was inserted by the immigration act 2014, I reckon.

But that does not prevent the Secretary of State from making an order under subsection (2) to deprive a person of a citizenship status if—
    (a)the citizenship status results from the person's naturalisation,
    (b)the Secretary of State is satisfied that the deprivation is conducive to the public good because the person, while having that citizenship status, has conducted him or herself in a manner which is seriously prejudicial to the vital interests of the United Kingdom, any of the Islands, or any British overseas territory, and
    (c)the Secretary of State has reasonable grounds for believing that the person is able, under the law of a country or territory outside the United Kingdom, to become a national of such a country or territory.]

So it all rather still hinges on Bangladesh in this case. If they say no dice, then Javid is on a bit of a cleft stick. He is arguing that her mother's passport means that Bangladesh must grant her similar status to the one that we want to take away.

Bit of a can of worms, but the letter, written by a six-year-old clearly, contains all the requisite notices for action under that section.

Anyone else thinking the government may have done this because come brexit we are out of the European court of justice so she won't be able to appeal this decision there,the government knowing this have told her to clear off while sticking their tongue out and doing the waggly fingers by the ears thing.
    The other thing is I'm sick of her being all over my Facebook feed as a meme,with people taking the piss and joining in the hate mob mentality when I thought they were better than that.
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

Irrespective of my feelings towards the individual in question the notion that anybody who has a parent born outside Britain isn't really British sits really uncomfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Irrespective of my feelings towards the individual in question the notion that anybody who has a parent born outside Britain isn't really British sits really uncomfortably.
    I think it's more a means to an (uncomfortable) end. I don't think the use of this is taken lightly given the far right will jump all over this for the reason you mention.

I can understand, if not agree, with the government's decision but it does set a precedent that didn't need to be set.