Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TWF 10 year anniversary

So it also over a decade since your infamous Mancienne is Gash t-shirt as well, Del!
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I’ve been here since the 606 folded and apart from being the biggest wum to never been banned and the most muted member... it’s been fun.
    Plastic member

Badge of honour is an enforced holiday.

Seven years in august. It seems longer doesn't it
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

Jinky is online now PTG Champion 2014/15, Runner Up 2015/16, 3rd Place 2016/17. And a total arse.
    Can I just take this opportunity to apologise to you all for inviting Langers to TWF, 10 years ago.

Cheers xx

I joined October 1, 2010 after an invitation extended to BBC's 606 from Frank or North-West. That makes me a member of eight and a half years! It's been a great vehicle for me to re-connect about Wolves. I feel like I have got to know some people that I've never met and, given my age, likely will not meet, since my days of traveling over to watch Wolves play live ended nearly ten years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    So it also over a decade since your infamous Mancienne is Gash t-shirt as well, Del!
    Isn't the photo still on here somewhere ?
    Your friends list is empty

Probably. The photo was taken at Barnsley in May 2009 but may have ended up onhere when we opened.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Wop was proven right in the end, albeit for a few months we all thought Mancienne was a world beater...

That is a strong look.
    )

There were some VERY strong looks in that pub beer garden. For some reason I was wearing a porkpie hat as I remember.

(BTW - I always agreed Mancienne was gash. In fact I was a bit more strongly worded about it!)
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Del Woppio is offline PTG Champion 2016/17, 3rd Place 2012/13, TWF FIFA 12 Champions' League Winner
    Fucking state of that bellend
    The Formula is dead. Long live The Criteria!

We certainly did not all think Mancienne was a world beater. Milli Vanilli crossed with a seven year old girl. He looked inferior to Stearman throughout and Stears has probably ended up having the better career, and we all know exactly what he is.

(Although you strange people voted for him as Player of the Year in 14/15 and also welcomed him back under Zenga, despite him being a chestbeating airhead).
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

I think Deutsch was the first person off here I met, although I didn't realise I worked with a poster off here who has long since left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    A lot of us came here because of Frank,hence there was a mass influx in Jan 2010, when you look back 606 was like he Ceefax of football forums.
    Yep, I'm one of Frank's converts. I used to use 606, never MolMix. I used to enjoy the banter between fans of other teams. It used to get quite heated, but there was a few laughs. I still wonder whatever happened to Spiritual Wolf. He was like the Oracle of Wolves at the time.

I honestly didn't think people were that stupid...

He's on Twitter.

Twitter
    Facebook

Just over 9 years for me - I was fed up with the ridiculous negativity in the mix at the time, and Langers rescued me!

When I come to see the wolves, I tend to bring my boy (now 12) so donít do the pubs, but would be good to buy a few of you a pint if I come up when heís not around at some point.
    Feigning concern, a Labour pastime, makes you feel doubtful right from the start. The expression he pulls is exactly like last time, got to assume he just hasn't a brain!

Quote Originally Posted by Dublin Drummer Wolf View Post
    Yep, I'm one of Frank's converts. I used to use 606, never MolMix. I used to enjoy the banter between fans of other teams. It used to get quite heated, but there was a few laughs..
    There were several good lads from other teams, I found an old page on a Google search the once, I was chatting bollox 10+ years ago
    Your friends list is empty

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    We certainly did not all think Mancienne was a world beater. Milli Vanilli crossed with a seven year old girl. He looked inferior to Stearman throughout and Stears has probably ended up having the better career, and we all know exactly what he is.

(Although you strange people voted for him as Player of the Year in 14/15 and also welcomed him back under Zenga, despite him being a chestbeating airhead).
    There were a few months when he got the England call up that it seemed everyone thought he'd be the next big thing since Lescott. I didn't know you at all back then but can believe you were probably one of the few that didn't buy in to that. I did, although the limitations were clear.

Yes, I was being a contrary bastard for a change (although I actually didn't like him and his stupid habit of letting the ball drop over his head all the time).

Twitter
    Facebook

Lost my login and shortened my username so not sure what my original joining date was, but came over from 606 thanks to Frank or SpiritualWolf.
    I'd have probably done a lot more work and gone a lot further in life if it wasn't for this place.

February 2010 for me, I think Kenny invited me by PM on the Mix if I recall correctly. I never had a problem on the Mix it was just being at work all day meant there'd be about a 1000 posts to catch up on between 9 and 5. This place has never had that problem
    Hold the door...

One common theme in this thread. In its infancy, Frank did his best to help this community grow, he brought quite a few people over here from 606. Despite events over the last year, the moderation team should be grateful for what he did in the early days.

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    They are

Absolutely. Frank was a master of recruitment in the early days because he had the 606 access that those of us migrating from mol mix right at the start did not.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Tisi View Post
    One common theme in this thread. In its infancy, Frank did his best to help this community grow, he brought quite a few people over here from 606. Despite events over the last year, the moderation team should be grateful for what he did in the early days.
    Absolutely. I believe Frank was the reason I found this place too.

I seem to be the new lad here,only been around about 4 years,posted a lot of drivel,and one fairly good post(see my sig for the hint),disappointed to have not yet been properly abused by Johnny,everyone else seems to have been,still haven't built up the courage to visit the royal London on a match day to meet posters in real life
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    I seem to be the new lad here,only been around about 4 years,posted a lot of drivel,and one fairly good post(see my sig for the hint),disappointed to have not yet been properly abused by Johnny,everyone else seems to have been,still haven't built up the courage to visit the royal London on a match day to meet posters in real life
    Time flies eh, you've been here nearly 6.

You should do. Johnny is a pussycat really.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    You don't need courage to visit the London, just sharp elbows to get through the crowd really
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

I would suggest that there are posters who miss Frank. Pass on our best wishes to him Mrs Tisi, and if he is interested in any of the jack the ripper books I have for free, drop me a pm.

Keef, get yourself to the RL or similar. No-one will get more grief than me, cos I drink halves, wuss that I am.
    Johnny is a proper pussycat in real life, and a gent too. I remember clashing with him a few times, and then going to play golf with him. I was nervous, but met him on the car park, and we hit it off straight away. He's a great fella to have a chat with, as are any of the posters I've had the fortune to meet.
    Where was the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Tisi View Post
    I am grateful to Frank and please pass on my best wishes to him. I hope he is loving the season we are having, he must enjoy predicting us to win every week and mostly being right!

I honestly didn't think people were that stupid...