Page 80 of 89 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,400 of 2651

Thread: It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale

To solve the 2nd leg problem. I suggest to UEFA that the scores from the 1 game played stand and if a score draw, away goals count...

The second leg, should be at Molineux to at least give us the advantage of not travelling. Presumably some of the last 32 games will now only be 1 leg in Germany as well?

Return against Olympiakos is either at Molineux or neutral venue. The other ties that didn't start yet (i.e. Getafe vs Inter) are down to knockouts on neutral ground, yes. Some of those have big teams involved as well.

Champs League Qualifying dates for next season.

First qualifying round: 18/19 August
    Second qualifying round: 25/26 August
    Third qualifying round: 15/16 September
    Play-offs: 22/23 and 29/30 September

Europa League

Preliminary round: 20 August
    First qualifying round: 27 August
    Second qualifying round: 17 September
    Third qualifying round: 24 September
    Play-offs: 1 October

Single games no 2nd legs.

Is the colour scheme of that graphic selected owing to who the winners of the tournament will be?
    On matchdays, I reckon it'll be a long time before my name is darlowolf...

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Champs League Qualifying dates for next season.

First qualifying round: 18/19 August
    Second qualifying round: 25/26 August
    Third qualifying round: 15/16 September
    Play-offs: 22/23 and 29/30 September

Europa League

Preliminary round: 20 August
    First qualifying round: 27 August
    Second qualifying round: 17 September
    Third qualifying round: 24 September
    Play-offs: 1 October

Single games no 2nd legs.
    So theoretically you could qualify for the Champions League one week and be out of it the next?

Edit, no straight to Group Stage

If you win the Europa you are not only straight into the group stage of the Champions League, but even better you are straight into pot one of that draw. That's a huge prize.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

The coronavirus has helped us there really - if it was normal, we’d probably have a bit of a choice as to whether to focus more on the league or the Europa, this way we can do them both, separately...
    Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as...

Did I miss any comms about Olympiakos tickets? Are they just being refunded, or is the club waiting to see it will be behind closed doors?

Quote Originally Posted by Visage View Post
    Did I miss any comms about Olympiakos tickets? Are they just being refunded, or is the club waiting to see it will be behind closed doors?
    Money back if you request it, but nothing automatic yet

Quote Originally Posted by Visage View Post
    Haven't had anything yet so suspect that you have not missed anything - assume that they will be refunded as none of us are going to be allowed in.
    This year we are going to break up the big 6 clubs (instead of just Arsenal)

UEFA still think some fans may be allowed to watch games in August. So until they say its behind closed doors Wolves won't refund unless you ask.

UEFA still think some fans may be allowed to watch games in August. So until they say its behind closed doors Wolves won't refund unless you ask.
    I'll hope for this I paid for 4 tickets but I've long forgot that money, if we can't get in to watch with the season ticket money as well I'll not have that much to pay.
    I was gonna stop going cus of VAR but I missed it so much thats never gonna happen.
    We will get 50pts (I worked it out on my computer) W13 D11 L14

Can't see any fans in UK grounds in early August, especially for a one off game.

If there isn't a second spike post the pubs opening on July 4th I can see 1/4 - 1/3 being allowed in for the new season in September.

Be amazed if we are back in the ground but until UEFA say no.

Poland letting 25% capacity in and France looking 5k max crowds for games (Cup comps not yet voided?).
    Never try and 2nd guess what our Government will approve or decide to do.

Be amazed if we are back in the ground but until UEFA say no.

Poland letting 25% capacity in and France looking 5k max crowds for games (Cup comps not yet voided?).
    Never try and 2nd guess what our Government will approve or decide to do.
    HA! Imagine what Twitter would be like if Wolves went with either of those solutions!!! Johnny Comelately who hasn't been to a match in a decade, moaning that he can't get a ticket.

See the bloody R rate is shooting up in Germany. Hope UEFA have got a plan B...
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Deeley View Post
    See the bloody R rate is shooting up in Germany. Hope UEFA have got a plan B...
    Wouldn't worry too much just yet

"In another development in Germany, the reproduction number (R number) has risen sharply.

To contain the virus, it should be less than one - but over the last few days, that value has risen sharply and is now 2.88.

Officials say this does not necessarily mean Germany is seeing a second wave of infections. This sudden rise is mainly down to a number of localised outbreaks.

More than 1,300 workers at a meat-processing plant have tested positive for Covid-19. And in Berlin and the town of Göttingen, whole apartment blocks have been quarantined after residents were infected.

So far there’s no sign that Germany is seeing a second wave: because the country’s overall infection rate is low, these sudden local outbreaks have a big impact on the national R number.

They have so far been contained and don’t appear to be causing more infections. And 140 local authorities haven’t seen any new cases at all in the past seven days.

But the drastic measures to contain the outbreaks have a cost: people’s homes have been fenced off, with police preventing residents from going outside."

pacamac is offline Got sacked when cheating on Football Manager, 2013. Almost completed Sonic Hedeghog
    Wouldn't worry too much just yet

"In another development in Germany, the reproduction number (R number) has risen sharply.

To contain the virus, it should be less than one - but over the last few days, that value has risen sharply and is now 2.88.

Officials say this does not necessarily mean Germany is seeing a second wave of infections. This sudden rise is mainly down to a number of localised outbreaks.

More than 1,300 workers at a meat-processing plant have tested positive for Covid-19. And in Berlin and the town of Göttingen, whole apartment blocks have been quarantined after residents were infected.

So far there’s no sign that Germany is seeing a second wave: because the country’s overall infection rate is low, these sudden local outbreaks have a big impact on the national R number.

They have so far been contained and don’t appear to be causing more infections. And 140 local authorities haven’t seen any new cases at all in the past seven days.

But the drastic measures to contain the outbreaks have a cost: people’s homes have been fenced off, with police preventing residents from going outside."
    R rates back down well below 1 and as said above it really is less of an indicator when the overall infection numbers are low.

Hoping we get into the QF and play on the tuesday, as the moday is mrs jellys birthday.
    she was smug as anything when the bowl season got cancelled, as I play in a league on mondays.
    Am slightly concerned about having that conversation...
    On matchdays, I reckon it'll be a long time before my name is darlowolf...

Quote Originally Posted by lemonjelly View Post
    Hoping we get into the QF and play on the tuesday, as the moday is mrs jellys birthday.
    she was smug as anything when the bowl season got cancelled, as I play in a league on mondays.
    Am slightly concerned about having that conversation...
    Wife's birthday is July 26th. As a special treat I took her to see Wolves vs Crusaders
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

Tuesday morning, Tim does podcast and gives information
    Tuesday afternoon, Joe listens to podcast, regurgitates information as the E&S understands. Happens every week.
    https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...th-olympiacos/

pacamac is offline Got sacked when cheating on Football Manager, 2013. Almost completed Sonic Hedeghog
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Tuesday morning, Tim does podcast and gives information
    Tuesday afternoon, Joe listens to podcast, regurgitates information as the E&S understands. Happens every week.
    https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...th-olympiacos/
    Guess & Star at their best!

That paper really is a rag! Grinds my gears we can't go to games but clowns like Judah are there.

All of the information is an absolute given anyway. I thought I read somewhere they will announce everything re dates and venues for the round of 16s when the draws for the QFs and SFs are made on July 10. Which would make sense.

Manchester City will have to play Real Madrid in Portugal for second leg if can’t host at Etihad, UEFA has confirmed.

I presume will be the same with Olympiakos but in Germany.

Guess it all depends on the Air Bridge from Greece being in place soon (Maybe Stanley can tell his Son to sort his shit out)

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    So what will be the deal with away goals?

Doesn't matter as we don't concede any more.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by YoungWolf View Post
    So what will be the deal with away goals?
    Presumably you are at 'home' in the neutral country

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Doesn't matter as we don't concede any more.
    Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Presumably you are at 'home' in the neutral country
    Guess so. I guess with likely no (or at best, very few) fans doesn't matter where the game is

Quote Originally Posted by YoungWolf View Post
    Good point!

Guess so. I guess with likely no (or at best, very few) fans doesn't matter where the game is
    The lack of travelling would be a small advantage I guess to have it at Molineux