Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 2318

Thread: It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    Agree that the situations are different but UEFA aren't exactly known for their fairness and goodwill towards football supporters are they?

If there's trouble at Espanyol they could easily say that Wolves fans have bought tickets in the home end twice, there's been violence at both games (could easily point towards the Tues/Weds night in Porto as well) and ban us from taking away fans or impose some other sanction on the club.
    While this is true, the club documented everything and did it all through the correct channels, so they have at least played by UEFA's rules. Braga were more than happy to sell so there's some culpability there. I don't remember there being any incidents at any of the other away games (Turin and Istanbul at least I don't think anything happened?) so it would be very premature to think there's a pattern.

But, agree...they're not the most rational.

Got a ticket for the home game this morning.

Bit annoying though as picked what looked the best available seat at 10am, went through the purchase and then got some error screen at the final step of approving payment so went back to see if that ticket was still showing available only to see a smattering of more appealing tickets now showing available instead. Tried to phone the ticket office about 15 times since to see if I can change my ticket to one of these others that are in a better spot and just get a message saying all lines are busy so I should call back later, what the fuck happened to phone queues?
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Adam
    @AdamLaLiga
    The last two Espanyol home games now have seen violence outside the stadium.
    Real Mallorca fans being attacked and ambushed before and after the game at the weekend is the latest incident.
    It is clear there are serious problems at Espanyol with their ultras right now.

I'd advise all Wolves fans who travel to Barcelona to be careful in and around the stadium and in Cornella itself.
    Also hearing that some Wolves fans have tickets in blocks close to one of the Espanyol ultra groups.
    The Mossos have a big job on.

From a Mallorca fans blog
    "I was at the game and most of the Mallorca fans (around 300) came from Barcelona university. These kids were doing a great job getting behind the team until Espanyol scored"
    "Security at the ground was way over the top, and we were subjected to rigorous body searches. None of us had any hand luggage with the exception of the ladies who had their handbags well delved into by a po-faced jobsworth with a ring pull through his nostrils. One of my friends had her lipstick confiscated (unbelievable) and also something she described as her “anxiety mouth spray,” a very necessary item at the moment while watching Real Mallorca struggle !"

And there was 32000 there on saturday which seems to go against the "they only get 15000 turn up"
    "It was dear old sweet dumpy Wolverhampton"

From what I read they had a promotion on which was like €5 tickets as it was a big relegation game for them

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'd definitely do the same if I hadn't already got a ticket and I knew I'd get away with it. It's just especially after what happened in Porto/Braga, if we start getting a reputation for things like this it's going to come back on us. UEFA aren't the type to mess around, they will ban us from taking away fans if they think that we're just going to cause trouble.

Hopefully this situation with a limited away end, half empty home end and a destination that a lot of Wolves fans can easily/really want to get to doesn't crop up again.
    I bought mine a while ago and I just thought if the two of us keep our heads down (which we will, we're not the type to look for trouble) then it'd be fine. I suppose the Braga game made me complacent with how easy it was.

I hadn't considered the UEFA issue but you could well be right. Let's hope common sense prevails among Espanyol and the Wolves - probably a massive ask!

Can I assume that PGMOL is not involved with var in our European games? It means that a goal scored by/against us or any other English team might be deemed legal or illegal dependent on the competition being played in.

Amazingly enough it works fine in UEFA competitions. Occasionally they take a bit too long over decisions where you can watch 10 or 1,000 replays, the pictures will be the same, but you don't have our nonsense.

We already have that contradiction internally, City shouldn't have won the FA Cup last season. If VAR was available at Swansea (which was a Premier League ground a mere nine months or so before, so they had the facilities) then they'd have been knocked out in South Wales.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft
    VAR will be in action for the knockout stages, but who will be administering it for the home ties? Will the clowns at Stockley Park be involved or is there a UEFA equivalent elsewhere?
    These are the days, my friend

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark View Post
    VAR will be in action for the knockout stages, but who will be administering it for the home ties? Will the clowns at Stockley Park be involved or is there a UEFA equivalent elsewhere?
    Our goons will be nowhere near it. It will be UEFA appointed officials and the proper rules of VAR used.

Especially as PGMOL sent two refs to UEFA school to get them accredited for Champs League / Europa matches (Coote and Madley) and they both failed the physical fitness test. We have no UEFA acceptable officials at the moment.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Our goons will be nowhere near it. It will be UEFA appointed officials and the proper rules of VAR used.
    Cheers. Good to know.
    These are the days, my friend

Jinky is offline Has better things to do and a life. Also a total arse.
    Just had a look and still a few tickets available for Thursday. What are people's thoughts on the £40 price tag? Seems on the steep side?

To see your team in the European knockout stages, under the lights at Molineux?

I'd pay £50 tbh.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
    Just had a look and still a few tickets available for Thursday. What are people's thoughts on the £40 price tag? Seems on the steep side?
    Bargain if we play as well as we have been recently.

Don't get the argument that these tickets are over priced. The comparator for me will be gig tickets, or theatre tickets, or similar. The price range is pretty similar.
    On matchdays, my name is darlowolf

I'll always think over £30 is too much but as Bear said, it's a knock out game in a competition that we were always a million miles away from being part of.

The club were fair in the quali and group games so they can have this and any other this season. Our prices will look like a bargain should we go all the way though.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonjelly View Post
    Bargain if we play as well as we have been recently.

Don't get the argument that these tickets are over priced. The comparator for me will be gig tickets, or theatre tickets, or similar. The price range is pretty similar.
    Does your favourite band play every week though?

my favourite band depends on time of day, time of year, and millions of other things. The comparison stands I think. Music isn't like football where there is a perception of only having one team. Do you only like one band?
    On matchdays, my name is darlowolf

my favourite band depends on time of day, time of year, and millions of other things. The comparison stands I think. Music isn't like football where there is a perception of only having one team. Do you only like one band?
    There's just so many S.Korean boy bands to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablowolf View Post
    There's just so many S.Korean boy bands to choose from.
    Well there are, but BTS are by far the best one...
    My name is Geoff...

How many of the bands that are a level where you're paying more than £40 a ticket are playing so that it results in a gig a week though? I'd guess not many! I do plenty of gigs ticket prices range from £6 to £65 (the last two I brought were £11 and £20) but its only the very big acts that are charging anywhere near above £30, those gigs come around once or twice a year.

Added to this a concert will usually consist of minimum 2 live bands and around 3 hours worth of live music (often where its the more expensive concerts you mention it'll be at least 3 bands and 4 hours of live music).

There is no real comparison but if there was at least compare like for like. You can't compare a round of 32 game to a big £50+ type concert, A final / Semi final yes would be closer. A round of 32 Europa game is around the same level as a Premier League game....ie pretty regular equilivant to say a Civic Hall/Birmingham Academy gig which are priced what around £20-£35 (but you get double the length of entertainment for).

You say music isn't like football....your right so why try to compare the two in the first place.

Outy of interest I just worked out the average concert ticket price for the 5 gigs I have tickets for. Its £24.50.

They're just standard Category B Premier League matchday prices, no?

https://www.wolves.co.uk/media/9356/prices1920.pdf

I wouldn't know off hand if we stick to that structure.

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    They're just standard Category B Premier League matchday prices, no?

https://www.wolves.co.uk/media/9356/prices1920.pdf

I wouldn't know off hand if we stick to that structure.
    Yes Cat B pricing

It’s knockout European football. Post Christmas knock out football at that. To price it at category B is about as good as it will get.

IF we progress I would expect category A for subsequent rounds TBH.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

I know it's a bit apples and oranges, but relative to NFL and college football prices here £40 is absolute pennies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joćo Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

Jinky is offline Has better things to do and a life. Also a total arse.
    I get the whole sentimental side, I really do. And they’ll sell out, so it’s irrelevant really. I was just a bit surprised when I logged on to the website earlier. Was expecting closer to £30. Wasn’t really a complaint, just a few pals who support other teams in Europe thought it was on the steep side when I spoke to them about it. No idea how much other clubs charge for Europa League tickets, mind.

It's only £40 in one tier of one stand tbf.

I paid £31 for my seat.

Twitter
    Facebook

I get the whole sentimental side, I really do. And they’ll sell out, so it’s irrelevant really. I was just a bit surprised when I logged on to the website earlier. Was expecting closer to £30. Wasn’t really a complaint, just a few pals who support other teams in Europe thought it was on the steep side when I spoke to them about it. No idea how much other clubs charge for Europa League tickets, mind.
    I guess if clubs are in Europe every season, after a while they have to be a bit more careful with the pricing (probably not Man Utd though, who no doubt charge £60 and make you buy a half and half scarf). Its our 1st season back, so the club will take advantage of what is a bonus income stream.

I paid £31 as well. Where are the £40 tickets? Billy Wright upper?

2. Low Hill at Christmas

The club have been more than fair with ticket prices up to now (particularly the 3 game block for the group stage) so have no problem paying a bit more now.

There is a need for them to get what they can financially from this as there is no guarantee that we get back there next year (though there are possibilities) - not as if they have really ripped us off.
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

Looks like Arsenal have sold out (yeah, right...). On the ticket exchanges, cheapest I can see for their game at home to Olympiacos is £55.

2. Low Hill at Christmas