Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cybertosis- 2019-2020

Cybertosis- 2019-2020

Cybertosis- The definition is when an illogical or against the odds outcome becomes like a natural certainty. Often Myth or coincidence based such as the manager of the month curse, or Wolves don’t do well after international breaks or Wolves perform poorly in November! It also includes games against teams that for no apparent reason Wolves do not fair well against. An obvious example is Huddersfield. Given that many of you use the term Cybertosis or a derivative like going all Cyber on here now and that it is now acknowledged on here that Cybertosis exists I decided that rather than incur the wrath of other posters and to prevent the derailment of any threads in the new season please can we use this thread for all the "nonsense" or Cybertosis style angst. Here is our safe spot for hunches, myths, legends, jinxes. Every other thread is now safe! So if you want to comment or vent ire about such stuff this is the thread to do it. If you think its an absolute crock then this is not the thread for you and therefore don’t come and post slagging it or posters views off!

So with that in mind here are my predictions and expectations for 2019-20 again before the transfer window even opens / shuts or a ball is kicked in anger. I have this year taken account of Cybertosis in my thinking. These are the MINIMUM points I am looking for Wolves to get next year.

The big six. I expect us to take a point from each of them as for the rest we have two “bogey “ teams this year in Brighton and Norwich and I have adjusted my thinking with both of them to reflect this. In addition as I am writing this before the play offs I expect us to be better against Leeds or Derby than Villa or WBA as they are rivals and local derbies can often be close fought draws.
    Arsenal 1pt
    Bournemouth 4pts
    Brighton 2pts
    Burnley 3pts
    Chelsea 1pt
    Crystal Palace 3pts
    Everton 3 pts
    Leicester 3pts
    Liverpool 1pt
    Man City 1 pt
    Man Utd 1pt
    Newcastle 3 pts
    Norwich 2pts
    Southampton 3pts
    Sheff Utd 4 pts
    Spurs 1 pt
    Watford 3pts
    West ham 3 pts
    Play off winners 4pts Leeds Derby, 2points Villa or WBA So I am going for a minimum of 44 points next season, so lower mid table at worst.I want at least a cup quarter final and no more than 4 home defeats. At the end of the season I want no defeats to any team who finishes in the bottom 5.
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

Can you release a precis?

tldr
    )

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    tldr
    Noted

Sorry- Thought it was a bit longwinded! Edited.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    Noted

Sorry- Thought it was a bit longwinded!
    I did actually read it, but didn't really know what to say...!
    )

You are a TWF meme. Like Bear and salad cream. We could have a thread of TWF memes tbf
    Time that you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

We're good against Norwich

https://www.11v11.com/teams/wolverha...orwich%20City/

But I appreciate this isn't about facts more fake news!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWolves View Post
    We're good against Norwich

https://www.11v11.com/teams/wolverha...orwich%20City/

But I appreciate this isn't about facts more fake news!
    Not recently we have beaten them twice in 10 games in the last decade

And you go back in the five years previous to that we owned them AGAIN and AGAIN

You go back a decade. So 2009

Before that we played 11
    Lost 1
    Drew 2
    Won 8

FUCK ME WHAT A BOGEY TEAM
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Well its time to turn it around. So we can expect 6 points from Norwich then?

Yes

Without fucking doubt
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Yes

Without fucking doubt
    Noted.

I think Norwich are nailed on for relegation personally, way too open and they won't get away with that in the PL

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    I think Norwich are nailed on for relegation personally, way too open and they won't get away with that in the PL
    So you are saying 6 of the points they get will come from Wolves?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    I still really enjoy watching the Champo and Norwich have been much the best team, although Wilder absolutely deserves the LMA award for what he's done with that Sheff Utd squad. What you do realise from watching the Champ this year is just how good Wolves were last year. I look at Leeds, for example: with the possible exception of Ayling, I don't see one PL standard player in their squad
    Wolves 2017/18 P46 W27 D11 L8 F85 A40 Pts 92: 2 pts a game is all we need...

Basically I see the 2019-20 league as three leagues. Anyone who is not listed below in the top 5 who makes the top five has over performed. Anyone in the middle eight who either breaks top 5 ( over performs)or finishes bottom 7 ( underperforms) Anyone in the bottom 7 who finishes higher over performs. Hope that explains the logic ( lolz- logic on this thread)

Top 5- In any Order
    Liverpool- Starting to click right through the squad
    Man City- awesome quality and depth.
    Spurs- Need to buy in a couple and keep Poch.
    Arsenal- Starting to get it right but defensively shaky
    Chelsea- Transfer ban may have an impact.

Middle 8- These I expect to be challenging the top 5 more closely but ultimately not break into it.
    Man Utd- In transition
    Everton- Looking more the part since Christmas.
    Leicester- Rogers has them playing better and more consistently.
    Wolves- Now people know what we are capable of
    West Ham- Just starting to click
    Palace- Beat anyone on their day
    Southampton- decent squad if they keep their stars
    Watford- Always capable on their day

Bottom 7
    Newcastle- They still have underlying issues that will prevent real progress
    Norwich- Still concede to often only 13 clean sheets coming up.
    Sheff utd- May Find goals difficult. Will do well to stay up without major strengthening
    Brighton- only just survived
    Bournemouth- crap overall since Christmas.
    Burnley- Real team ethic but they lack quality and depth.
    Play off winners- None should get out of the bottom 7 whoever wins.

3 from Brighton, Bournemouth , Sheff Utd or Norwich to go down.

Basically I see the 2019-20 league as three leagues. Anyone who is not listed below in the top 5 who makes the top five has over performed. Anyone in the middle eight who either breaks top 5 ( over performs)or finishes bottom 7 ( underperforms) Anyone in the bottom 7 who finishes higher over performs. Hope that explains the logic ( lolz- logic on this thread)

Top 5- In any Order
    Liverpool- Starting to click right through the squad
    Man City- awesome quality and depth.
    Spurs- Need to buy in a couple and keep Poch.
    Arsenal- Starting to get it right but defensively shaky
    Chelsea- Transfer ban may have an impact.

Middle 8- These I expect to be challenging the top 5 more closely but ultimately not break into it.
    Man Utd- In transition
    Everton- Looking more the part since Christmas.
    Leicester- Rogers has them playing better and more consistently.
    Wolves- Now people know what we are capable of
    West Ham- Just starting to click
    Palace- Beat anyone on their day
    Southampton- decent squad if they keep their stars
    Watford- Always capable on their day

Bottom 7
    Newcastle- They still have underlying issues that will prevent real progress
    Norwich- Still concede to often only 13 clean sheets coming up.
    Sheff utd- May Find goals difficult. Will do well to stay up without major strengthening
    Brighton- only just survived
    Bournemouth- crap overall since Christmas.
    Burnley- Real team ethic but they lack quality and depth.
    Play off winners- None should get out of the bottom 7 whoever wins.

3 from Brighton, Bournemouth , Sheff Utd or Norwich to go down.
    So the play off winners survive?

For me Newcastle and Bournemouth will survive comfortably as long as they keep their respective managers.

Yes I think so. Villa and Leeds can recruit and Derby too. I saw an article ranking the champiosnhip teams by order of transfer business last summer and Sheffield were 20th out of 24 Norwich 16th and Villa 10th and Derby11th and Leeds 3rd. Whilst money certainly doesnt buy success it does help. I just think if you give most people the choice of say Leeds or Sheffield they choose Leeds. Fulham spunked gazillions last season when they came up and it didnt help them stay up. As always its not what you spend its who you spend it on. Norwich arte talking about strengthening up front already when their defence leaks like a sieve. Brighton were the worst team bar Huddersfield. Completely anti football and very very fortunate to survive. The re-coaching to get them playing anything like premier league football is a huge job for whomever the appoint. I reckon they are in serious trouble. They may lose some players in the summer to, who either have overperformed like Dunk or Ryan or completely flopped. Bournemouth dont have a decent keeper yet. They are capable on their day but when they lose they capitulate. Conceding 5 to Palace is a case in point.They have had an awful 2019 and if they dont start well I fear for them , Howe or no Howe! Then its a toss up for Norwich and Sheffield for me. Norwich as they concede to many and Sheffield United as their squad seriously overperformed to go up. I think their squad is the one with the least premier League quality in the Championship top six yet they got automatic promotion. They may surprise me.

Jinky is offline PTG Champion 2014/15, Runner Up 2015/16, 3rd Place 2016/17. And a total arse.
    I don't think you can really guess or predict where anyone will finish next season until a few signings have been made and the squads are starting to shape up.

The overall league table won't differ too much from this year, IMO (for example, I don't see an Everton or West Ham suddenly getting in to a relegation scrap, same as I don't see Southampton challenging for the title). There may be a few movers up/down the odd place. Wolves, for instance, with the correct recruitment policy and a good start next season have it within ourselves to finish above Man Utd next season - unless Utd start making some serious changes immediately. But then we *could* be playing Europa League football next season, and that in turn could affect our league positioning.

So long story short... what's the point of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
    I don't think you can really guess or predict where anyone will finish next season until a few signings have been made and the squads are starting to shape up.

The overall league table won't differ too much from this year, IMO (for example, I don't see an Everton or West Ham suddenly getting in to a relegation scrap, same as I don't see Southampton challenging for the title). There may be a few movers up/down the odd place. Wolves, for instance, with the correct recruitment policy and a good start next season have it within ourselves to finish above Man Utd next season - unless Utd start making some serious changes immediately. But then we *could* be playing Europa League football next season, and that in turn could affect our league positioning.

So long story short... what's the point of this thread?
    Lolz. Its somewhere to talk shite without a shoeing at the very least.

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Lolz. Its somewhere to talk shite without a shoeing at the very least.
    Optimistic view...

This is stupid. It's ridiculous to expect a certain amount of points from each team as things can change so dramatically over the course of a season, you can't expect X amount of points from a certain team at this point in time, it is all about context. Form, signings, who the manager is, result required for title/europe/relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by White Wolf View Post
    This is stupid. It's ridiculous to expect a certain amount of points from each team as things can change so dramatically over the course of a season, you can't expect X amount of points from a certain team at this point in time, it is all about context. Form, signings, who the manager is, result required for title/europe/relegation.
    Its just how you view things. Rarely in premier league history do teams turn from shit to world beaters. Often there are teams that have been good to middling who quickly go to shit. I give you cup finalists in either the league cup or the FA cup in the last decade, Stoke, Wigan Birmingham Aston Villa, Swansea, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Cardiff City, Hull City, who have all been relegated from the premier league despite winning cups or appearing in finals so its recent history. Many of those had decent seasons in the premier league then fell away the next season and got relegated. Similar has happened to Brighton this season just finished. They looked awful and to me , other than about 100m of new players I cannot see them transforming into a top half team regardless of who gets the job. Bournemouth are 3 players from a team capable of mid table and have been so inconsistent in 2019 and my reasons are already nailed for Norwich and Sheffield United to struggle as I cannot see 75m of talent heading their way to lift them from bottom 7 potential to mid table or higher.

Yes I fully accept its very very early and there are variables. I believe in todays game the dice is heavily loaded towards the top 6 and the middle six-8 teams are all capable of beating each other.The difference between those bottom 7 teams and the top 6 is wide and getting a little wider every year. It may soon even be a top 3 for the league then a middle five for europe and the rest battling to avoid the last relegation spot with two no hopers gone by February much like Huddersfield and Fulham this season.

If we are not careful then the PL may become like one or two other European leagues where there is a dominent team who (barring buggering it up for one season) wins time after time - we may have a chance of avoiding that as there have usually been 2 teams so not a given for the title.

Becomes harder to break into that for anyone else & not sure that that is entirely beneficial

Spoof satire, but not that far from reality!

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport...20190513185544
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

City might well be dominant while Pep is there, replacing him will be a challenge. Plus it's not that long until the likes of Silva/Aguero will be needing to be replaced, and that's not easy at all as they've been phenomenal for years now. If they'd played Gabriel Jesus (a good player in his own right) up front all season then they wouldn't have won the league.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Its just how you view things. Rarely in premier league history do teams turn from shit to world beaters. Often there are teams that have been good to middling who quickly go to shit. I give you cup finalists in either the league cup or the FA cup in the last decade, Stoke, Wigan Birmingham Aston Villa, Swansea, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Cardiff City, Hull City, who have all been relegated from the premier league despite winning cups or appearing in finals so its recent history. Many of those had decent seasons in the premier league then fell away the next season and got relegated. Similar has happened to Brighton this season just finished. They looked awful and to me , other than about 100m of new players I cannot see them transforming into a top half team regardless of who gets the job. Bournemouth are 3 players from a team capable of mid table and have been so inconsistent in 2019 and my reasons are already nailed for Norwich and Sheffield United to struggle as I cannot see 75m of talent heading their way to lift them from bottom 7 potential to mid table or higher.
    Most of the teams you named in those cup finals weren't very good anyway and Portsmouth had their financial issues, the only team of those that looked like they could progress from that point was Swansea (who did).

To compare that to now, all of the teams 8-16th except for Burnley improved either their position or points total, and apart from Palace, Burnley, and Newcastle you'd expect all of those teams to be aiming to improve further. Watford have improved massively compared to last season, and Leicester and Southampton improved during the course of the season because of managerial changes. Then you had jokers like Fulham who were way worse than most expected. So I don't see how you can already predict what you want from every team.

Quote Originally Posted by White Wolf View Post
    Most of the teams you named in those cup finals weren't very good anyway and Portsmouth had their financial issues, the only team of those that looked like they could progress from that point was Swansea (who did).

To compare that to now, all of the teams 8-16th except for Burnley improved either their position or points total, and apart from Palace, Burnley, and Newcastle you'd expect all of those teams to be aiming to improve further. Watford have improved massively compared to last season, and Leicester and Southampton improved during the course of the season because of managerial changes. Then you had jokers like Fulham who were way worse than most expected. So I don't see how you can already predict what you want from every team.
    Look at the where will we finish thread from last season. Predicted 42 to 56 points and we only under performed against prediction for Huddersfield ,Brighton, Liverpool Watford. Now if you are saying either Brighton or Huddersfield were not under performances then I can't argue it.

Fulham seriously underperformed but Huddersfield and Cardiff I predicted before a ball was kicked. I added Newcastle to that as my three to drop they beat the bottom 7 cut off on goal difference. If you want a debate tell me who I have in what area that is wrong so top , middle Eight bottom 7. Then we can have a go at it. Just give your reasons. If its too early for you that's fine. Join in come September. I am sticking with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    City might well be dominant while Pep is there, replacing him will be a challenge. Plus it's not that long until the likes of Silva/Aguero will be needing to be replaced, and that's not easy at all as they've been phenomenal for years now. If they'd played Gabriel Jesus (a good player in his own right) up front all season then they wouldn't have won the league.
    And that's right but they would still have been top 5 at worse probably top three.

Definitely top three. Almost certainly top two. The gap is huge.

But, the point about them needed a revamp of the squad soon is valid. Of course they can easily afford it.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota