Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cybertosis- 2019-2020

"CONFIRMATION BIAS ACTIVATED"
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    "CONFIRMATION BIAS ACTIVATED"
    the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories. The trouble is it was not new evidence today. 2 shots on target against them shows we struggled.
    Remember, remember we are shit in November .

Deciding to pick out things when they confirm your theory but not when they don't.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Deciding to pick out things when they confirm your theory but not when they don't.
    No happy to highlight it all. Burnley on paper are the poorest team we have faced in the league and we got a lucky point. Still , wait til November

Cyber is definately not alone in that respect
    We will get 50pts (I worked it out on my computer) W13 D11 L14

So after a great result against Torino a tough game to come against Everton and I was looking for some positives on this one as we only have 1 win away in the last 8 and the positive is Pickford who will create a record if he completes this match. So could he get a red card as it will be his 111 appearance?

Nuno has also got a three win away in three matches against Silva.

Lawro has us losing.

Everton have never gone 7 home games without conceding so the superstitions are actually a little in our favour on this one.

Lots of doom and gloom since I last posted on here, not that anyone reads it! You can't defend against any premier team how we defended against Everton and Chelsea and expect anything other than defeat. That said its never a disgrace to lose to two top half sides, but the manner is disappointing. Personally I stick with the three leagues bit and not beating Burnley at home and the nature of that performance has me more bent out of shape than Everton or Chelsea. We need to put a few games together before November, our traditional shit month! Points from palace and Watford would be a good start and hopefully a clean sheet or two please.

Basically in my odd world you start the season 0 6 6 with games against the big six. So we are 0 1 1 into that. That said the first cybertosis wolves perform shit after an international break came true.
    Last edited by Cyber-_-man; 15th September 2019 at 03:30 PM.

Instant new manager bounce for Watford?Not quite but showing how to come back from 2-0 down will give them confidence. Next up for them Citeh, Swansea in the league cup and then us.

Makes our game a game both need to win regardless of in between results.

The first real Cybertosis klaxon is sounding now we are due to play winless Watford, at home a team that have already inflicted some serious pain on us in 2019 in the cup, beat us here in the league last year and have just been hit for 8 by Man City.

On paper you would hope for our first win , our first time in front would be a good start. I would not want to be chasing the game at home to this lot.

It could happen. I hope it doesnt. There will be some outpouring if we lose .

Hmmm

Your last post seems at odds with the one before. Fuck Cybertosis on this particular case..
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Hmmm

Your last post seems at odds with the one before. Fuck Cybertosis on this particular case..
    Man city hitting them for 8 doesn't help us at all. The last time a team got hit for 8 they played us next iirc and that was Birmingham who drew 0 0 at molineux.

Yeah, but we aren't going to start with Leon Clarke and Liam McAlinden up front next week.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

*checks to see if either/both are free transfers*

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Yeah, but we aren't going to start with Leon Clarke and Liam McAlinden up front next week.

I had forgotten about that

So Man City were 13 games unbeaten at home. Adama had scored once in 39 games (3 x 13) . Its why I get all tingly . I hope those of you who backed it at 25 -1 enjoy your winnings, just like those who backed us at Spurs last year( the 39th game unbeaten against newly promoted opposition). I may not get much right but that double is about 500-1 I would guess, so its in profit. But on this I did call it on the first page of the build up thread. Sorry Keef youre going to have to accept this.

Additionally we had not won at Man City for 39 years ( not 40 until 1st December) and Adama hadnt scored since september last year. 13 months.

"smug grin"

Well well well, I started a thread to keep the verdicts clear. It would be nice if when the 13 strikes or similar superstition that a few of you actually acknowledge it. I don't need to have your reassurance, but I have taken your stick so a few " yep you called its" on this thread would not go amiss.

Or I could go back to the verdict threads............

Yep, you called it

Twitter
    Facebook

So should we expect to get owned after the international break?

Quote Originally Posted by Jolemai View Post
    So should we expect to get owned after the international break?
    Southampton. Just been stuffed. Fourth from bottom. Yes they could get something. We were shit at their place last year and good at ours. They are better than 4th bottom.

Are they? Third worst defence in the league (outside the bottom two), only beaten Brighton and Sheff Utd who are hardly going to be making huge waves in the top half of the league. Only just stayed up in 2017/18, weren't that far off last season.

He had a good formula last season when he took over but seems to have done a Hoddle 2005 and ripped it all up for no reason. Their defence seems to change every week and none of them are any good bar Bertrand, Adams has been shite too.

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Are they? Third worst defence in the league (outside the bottom two), only beaten Brighton and Sheff Utd who are hardly going to be making huge waves in the top half of the league. Only just stayed up in 2017/18, weren't that far off last season.

He had a good formula last season when he took over but seems to have done a Hoddle 2005 and ripped it all up for no reason. Their defence seems to change every week and none of them are any good bar Bertrand, Adams has been shite too.
    I will be happy with a scrappy 2 1 win.

I'll take any win.

I just don't think they have shown that they are better than where they are, they've been poor.

Twitter
    Facebook

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Thought Southampton would have started the season better. Was impressed with them once they replaced their manager last season. Not properly kicked on this season (maybe their players have been staying up late to watch our games in Europe...).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    Southampton. Just been stuffed. Fourth from bottom. Yes they could get something. We were shit at their place last year and good at ours. They are better than 4th bottom.
    I didn't come here for logical analysis

I came here for witchcraft and superstition!!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWolves View Post
    I didn't come here for logical analysis

I came here for witchcraft and superstition!!
    Apologies, normal service will be resumed!

We've won at Man City outside of the premier league since 1979, so that's one 313 theory debunked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    So Man City were 13 games unbeaten at home. Adama had scored once in 39 games (3 x 13) . Its why I get all tingly . I hope those of you who backed it at 25 -1 enjoy your winnings, just like those who backed us at Spurs last year( the 39th game unbeaten against newly promoted opposition). I may not get much right but that double is about 500-1 I would guess, so its in profit. But on this I did call it on the first page of the build up thread. Sorry Keef youre going to have to accept this.

Additionally we had not won at Man City for 39 years ( not 40 until 1st December) and Adama hadnt scored since september last year. 13 months.

"smug grin"

That's only in the top division we haven't won there.

I've been to Maine Road three times for three 1-0's, Bull, Keane and Symons own goal for us.

I felt it was written, in a cyber kinda way. Only had a quid though. It was one of those moments, like when we played Portsmouth who were rock bottom without a point... You just know what's coming next.
    Time that you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.