Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 151 to 180 of 180

Thread: Cybertosis- 2019-2020

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    13,022
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlosmacwolf View Post
    I love all this silly nonsense, and if someone takes it seriously they need a head examination, it's about as accurate as having to spit if you have walked under a ladder, silly bollocks, but refreshing n'est ce pas?
    exactly!
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    13,022
    Ipswich 0 Rotherham 2
    Cybertosis strikes the tractor boys!

    I reckon I should highlight 5 games a week for this.
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ynyshir
    Posts
    7,750
    Go for it...

    Anyway, I thought it was we always lose after an international break, not never win? Speaking of which, today's game is technically still after an international break so are we not to win this one, or does the curse only run for one game? Finally, does anyone know why this doesn't affect other teams? Is there any pattern to the number of draws over that weekend and the teams in question?

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burton-On-Trent
    Posts
    43,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    Ipswich 0 Rotherham 2
    Cybertosis strikes the tractor boys!

    I reckon I should highlight 5 games a week for this.
    There's a website already for that. It's called Super 6.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    13,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolemai View Post
    Go for it...

    Anyway, I thought it was we always lose after an international break, not never win? Speaking of which, today's game is technically still after an international break so are we not to win this one, or does the curse only run for one game? Finally, does anyone know why this doesn't affect other teams? Is there any pattern to the number of draws over that weekend and the teams in question?
    I just got myself convinced that it happened to us disproportionately a few seasons ago and cited it and why, which was quickly rebuffed. I suppose 13 stands out a lot becauise it seemed to occur on several occasions. We lost our unbeaten run after 13 games when we lost at home to forest. Spurs had not lost to a newly promoted team in 38 previous games before losing at home to us last year (3 x 13 =39), Traore went 13 months without scoring wolves last top flight win at Man City was 39 years ago (3 x13). So because I am superstitious I am always looking for it. Manager of the month curse, new manager bounce,team starts the day in the bottom three and takes points off wolves at Molineux and all of those fit in on the absolute nonsense bit of fun that is this thread.

    However, if you put a quid of your money every week on a cybertosis shot for wolves I reckon you would be in the money come the end of the season last year given our shock results either for or against.

    Huddersfield x 2
    Brighton
    Burnley away
    Chelsea
    Man utd
    Spurs away
    Liverpool and Man U in the cup

    Every one of those results would have returned money if you predicted the outcome. The outlay would have ben £9 the winnings would have needed to exceed £40 to cover the seasons £1 a week and I reckon it would.
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    63,683
    You do know that triskaidekaphobia is one of the most nonsensical phobias in that particular pantheon don’t you?
    I'm looking California

    I'm feeling Minnesota

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    13,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    You do know that triskaidekaphobia is one of the most nonsensical phobias in that particular pantheon don’t you?
    yeah, but thats fear of or avoidance of the number 13. I dont fear or avoid it. I just look at 13 as the time when the unexpected happens. To me thats different. Its not a phobia, more a trigger.
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NW Leicestershire
    Posts
    13,075
    Why do multiples of 13 count?

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    63,683
    That normally only applies with Nelson in cricket
    I'm looking California

    I'm feeling Minnesota

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NW Leicestershire
    Posts
    13,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    I just got myself convinced that it happened to us disproportionately a few seasons ago and cited it and why, which was quickly rebuffed. I suppose 13 stands out a lot becauise it seemed to occur on several occasions. We lost our unbeaten run after 13 games when we lost at home to forest. Spurs had not lost to a newly promoted team in 38 previous games before losing at home to us last year (3 x 13 =39), Traore went 13 months without scoring wolves last top flight win at Man City was 39 years ago (3 x13). So because I am superstitious I am always looking for it. Manager of the month curse, new manager bounce,team starts the day in the bottom three and takes points off wolves at Molineux and all of those fit in on the absolute nonsense bit of fun that is this thread.

    However, if you put a quid of your money every week on a cybertosis shot for wolves I reckon you would be in the money come the end of the season last year given our shock results either for or against.

    Huddersfield x 2
    Brighton
    Burnley away
    Chelsea
    Man utd
    Spurs away
    Liverpool and Man U in the cup

    Every one of those results would have returned money if you predicted the outcome. The outlay would have ben £9 the winnings would have needed to exceed £40 to cover the seasons £1 a week and I reckon it would.
    Approximately £38 for those nine matches according to the following site (I've estimated the cup fixtures based on the league).

    https://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/en...ults/#/page/2/

    38 league games + 6 cup games = £44 outlay.

    Cybertosis would cost you money.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    63,683
    Semantics cyber, semantics! You’ll be telling me a broken mirror is a trigger for seven years bad luck next.
    I'm looking California

    I'm feeling Minnesota

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    13,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer Grouse View Post
    Approximately £38 for those nine matches according to the following site (I've estimated the cup fixtures based on the league).

    https://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/en...ults/#/page/2/

    38 league games + 6 cup games = £44 outlay.

    Cybertosis would cost you money.
    That assumes you win 0 on the other 29 bets. If you wanted to go Cybertosis and go for Palce and Watford at home , both games where we were favourites and lost thats another 10 for a two pound stake. Backing wolves in every other fixture would have you in profit. I know we see this differently but you would have made money over the season. Not enough to retire, but enough to get drunk.
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    13,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Semantics cyber, semantics! You’ll be telling me a broken mirror is a trigger for seven years bad luck next.
    I would never tell you that. I hope that the therapy of this thread will stop me being so superstitious. Touch wood , it will.
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    63,683
    I’m only teasing anyway. If you get enjoyment out of the theory then that’s a benefit. I just try not to burst too many blood vessels raging about it.

    There does need to be a little context at times though. Imagine we were on a twelve match unbeaten run and lost the thirteenth match at Anfield. Is the trigger the thirteenth match or the fact we would be playing Liverpool in their back yard where they have been nigh on invincible for well over two seasons?
    I'm looking California

    I'm feeling Minnesota

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    13,022
    So lets have another little klaxon moment.

    So far this season we have not repeated any result against any team compared to last years corresponding fixture.That has to change. Will it be Newcastle at the weekend ? Or will it be game 13? which would be a 1-1 draw at Bournemouth? Watch this space.
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    13,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    I’m only teasing anyway. If you get enjoyment out of the theory then that’s a benefit. I just try not to burst too many blood vessels raging about it.

    There does need to be a little context at times though. Imagine we were on a twelve match unbeaten run and lost the thirteenth match at Anfield. Is the trigger the thirteenth match or the fact we would be playing Liverpool in their back yard where they have been nigh on invincible for well over two seasons?
    Fair point. But Liverpool would be clear favourites. The fact we hadnt won away all season yet our first voctory came at Man City would have fitted though.The last time it happened it was Forest at home and we were comfortably better than them. Nuno picked up his MoTm award on 12th October last year and we then lost to Watford at home 2-0. That was also after an international break IIRC? I agree. It should be taken as a bit of fun with a pinch of salt and it can be the excuse when we cock it up!

    Green kit tonight and Sunday btw
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    13,022
    Conflicting jinxes this weekend

    We havenít won at arsenal in 40 years so must be due
    We havenít had the same result in any fixture as last year
    Itís November and barring the year we won the championship we have been shit in November for yonks.

    So 1 1 is out
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    Conflicting jinxes this weekend

    We haven’t won at arsenal in 40 years so must be due
    We haven’t had the same result in any fixture as last year
    It’s November and barring the year we won the championship we have been shit in November for yonks.

    So 1 1 is out
    What about the implosion currently going on at arsenal?

    Are wolves a team opposition use to end such things or is it limited to losing runs?

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NW Leicestershire
    Posts
    13,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    Conflicting jinxes this weekend

    We haven’t won at arsenal in 40 years so must be due
    We haven’t had the same result in any fixture as last year
    It’s November and barring the year we won the championship we have been shit in November for yonks.

    So 1 1 is out
    Can't believe we didn't win their last season considering it was 39 years since our last victory there (or somewhere else in North London).

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    13,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer Grouse View Post
    Can't believe we didn't win their last season considering it was 39 years since our last victory there (or somewhere else in North London).
    Bloody close though.
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up a mountain, donegal, ireland
    Posts
    3,495
    One for here I suppose

    rugby world cup
    1991 england lose to australia in the final, 12 years later beat them in the final
    2007 england lose to south africa, 12 years later....

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    13,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Wolf View Post
    One for here I suppose

    rugby world cup
    1991 england lose to australia in the final, 12 years later beat them in the final
    2007 england lose to south africa, 12 years later....
    Fingers crossed!
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    7,683
    Surely donít need to cross fingers? Cybertosis trumps all?
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    13,022
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    Surely don’t need to cross fingers? Cybertosis trumps all?
    Touch wood!
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NW Leicestershire
    Posts
    13,075
    Brilliant 5 minutes. Come on

  26. #176
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    15,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer Grouse View Post
    Brilliant 5 minutes. Come on
    First and last time you'll type this on this thread

  27. #177
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    13,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    First and last time you'll type this on this thread
    Thought you had this thread on ignore me old?
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

  28. #178
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    15,948
    You can't ignore threads only posters, so I get a preview of the first line and the cheap shot was too good to miss. THM was the only poster I've ever put on ingore.

  29. #179
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    13,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    You can't ignore threads only posters, so I get a preview of the first line and the cheap shot was too good to miss. THM was the only poster I've ever put on ingore.
    I know, I am just teasing. I am going to put a fiver on Wolves now.
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

  30. #180
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    13,022
    As its November and because its this thread here are the reasons I hate November. Since we got promoted from league one in 2013 we only won games in November in 2017 the year we romped the champion ship. Otherwise our results are
    2014
    Birmingham H 0 0
    Ipswich A 1 2
    Derby A 0 5
    Forest H 0 3
    Brentford A 0 4

    2015
    Bristol city a 0 1
    Burnley H 0 0
    Ipswich A 2 2
    Mk Dons H 0 0

    2016
    Derby H 2 3
    Preston A 0 3
    Sheff wed H 0 2

    Champion year Fulham 2 0 reading 2 0 Leeds 4 1 Bolton 5 1

    Then normal service resumed 2018
    Spurs H 2 3
    Arsenal A 1 1
    Huddersfield H 0 2
    Cardiff A 1 2

    Its time to have a decent month .

    0 5 11 except for 2017 and even with it it is 4 5 11 making it our worst performing month during the season on average in any season since 2013.And we have lost to some real shit then too!
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

Similar Threads

  1. Prediction League 2018/2019 Week 32 30 March - 1 April 2019
    By lemonjelly in forum 1888/1889 Prediction League
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 18th April 2019, 01:00 PM
  2. Prediction League 2018/2019 Week 33 2 - 8 April 2019
    By lemonjelly in forum 1888/1889 Prediction League
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 6th April 2019, 01:51 PM
  3. Prediction League 2018/2019 Week 31 16 -17 March 2019
    By lemonjelly in forum 1888/1889 Prediction League
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16th March 2019, 02:30 PM
  4. Prediction League 2018/2019 Week 30 9 -10 March 2019
    By lemonjelly in forum 1888/1889 Prediction League
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 9th March 2019, 12:26 PM
  5. Prediction League 2018/2019 Week 26 9 -11 February 2019
    By lemonjelly in forum 1888/1889 Prediction League
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 9th February 2019, 02:46 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •