Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115
Results 3,421 to 3,448 of 3448

Thread: The Live Match Discussion Thread: 2019/2020

  1. #3421
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    66,282
    We took Cantwell out of the game pretty effectively at Molineux but to be fair to the guy nobody on that Norwich side was able to give him much service. He is neat and tidy (bar that fucking Alice Band which should be a criminal offence) and maybe in a better Premier League side he could flourish a bit more. I could see him ending up somewhere like Newcastle if the Ashley-hating hordes survive and Norwich don't.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

    1. The Great Wall of China

    2. Low Hill at Christmas

  2. #3422
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    28
    Right I'm off now chaps to do my nightly round of WW2 aviation forums and Facebook pages, and guitar forums.

    Speak again soon.

    Take care, stay safe.

  3. #3423
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    66,282
    Guitarrzzz?

    Oooh - I am going to get on with you.

    Massive guitar lover.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

    1. The Great Wall of China

    2. Low Hill at Christmas

  4. #3424
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NW Leicestershire
    Posts
    13,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    I have always quite liked Everton. They have had some of my favourite keepers as I grew up in George Wood and in my twenties onwards Big Neville! Was gutted for them to win the cup winners cup then get banned from Europe following heysel. And they gave us Derek Mount field. They also don't whinge moan and give the same entitled wines as the red half of the city.

    Not keen on Pickford as a keeper or Richarlison as a personality. Apart from that no issues.
    Mountfield came to us from Villa.

  5. #3425
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Guitarrzzz?

    Oooh - I am going to get on with you.

    Massive guitar lover.
    I'm back. Not much going on on the aviation Facebook pages (apart from a couple of newbies posting off-topic posts that I had to delete as Admin), and all quiet on the guitar forums.

    So, here's your starter for 10.

    Me aged 20. Photo taken February 1971. Name the guitar and amp (kudos if you can get the EXACT type of Marshall amp!). And yeah, I had long hair and played in a rock band in the Liverpool night clubs.


  6. #3426
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    66,282
    That's a Gibson SG - quite an early model with a Bigsby on it. Thinking a 64 maybe?

    The Marshall looks like a Super Plexi but I could be so wrong there on early Marshalls. Unless it is like the ones that Townshend with the Who. Definitely looks single channel.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

    1. The Great Wall of China

    2. Low Hill at Christmas

  7. #3427
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    66,282
    Plus - either the photo is reversed or you are a fellow leftie!

    My current shit

    Marshall JVM 410h
    1960 Cab

    Gibson Les Paul in Olympic White with Gold Hardware a la Randy Rhoads (sadly not a Les Paul Custom but one day...)
    Shecter Hellraiser 7 String with Floyd Rose Trem
    ESP Horizon FR-II that I had made at their custom shop in 2007 (I love this guitar more than is acceptable in normal society)
    Beautiful Martin acoustic that my wife bought me for Christmas a couple of years ago.

    Plus my old Washburn MG-44 that I gigged to death 20 years ago.

    And my pedal board is ridiculous. I bought so bloody many of them that the wiring is like someone threw a bowl of spaghetti on the floor.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

    1. The Great Wall of China

    2. Low Hill at Christmas

  8. #3428
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mondas and Telos
    Posts
    14,073
    Its
    A
    Fucking
    Leftie!



    Lol You that know me know I am teasing.

    Oh Christ, pads will be on one now.
    if your path means you walk through hell then walk as if you own the place.

  9. #3429
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mondas and Telos
    Posts
    14,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    Loved watching Rush but watching Bully was so much better.
    Was he fuck

    At the risk of being sacreligious. I love bully and he is a god for wolves.

    Rush was so good Juventus signed him at a time Italian teams signed pretty much no one from these islands.
    if your path means you walk through hell then walk as if you own the place.

  10. #3430
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    That's a Gibson SG - quite an early model with a Bigsby on it. Thinking a 64 maybe?

    The Marshall looks like a Super Plexi but I could be so wrong there on early Marshalls. Unless it is like the ones that Townshend with the Who. Definitely looks single channel.
    It's a lefty 1970 SG Standard with the batwing scratchplate and lyre vibrola into a 100w Marshall 1959 head (Plexi) into 1960 and 1960 B 4x12 cabs. The size of the night clubs we played in at the time was such that something like a Vox AC30 simply wouldn't do the job - the only combo that would at the time was the 85w Fender Twin Reverb.

    Here's what I currently gig with:
    2009 '08 LP Standard:


    1991 LP Custom:


    2009 Custom Shop '57 VOS LP Junior:


    I also have a 2002 Taylor 314, and a 1971 Eko Rio Bravo 12-string that I got for my 21st birthday.

  11. #3431
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    28
    Right click on the above photos and select 'view image' to see the complete photo.

  12. #3432
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Plus - either the photo is reversed or you are a fellow leftie!

    My current shit

    Marshall JVM 410h
    1960 Cab

    Gibson Les Paul in Olympic White with Gold Hardware a la Randy Rhoads (sadly not a Les Paul Custom but one day...)
    Shecter Hellraiser 7 String with Floyd Rose Trem
    ESP Horizon FR-II that I had made at their custom shop in 2007 (I love this guitar more than is acceptable in normal society)
    Beautiful Martin acoustic that my wife bought me for Christmas a couple of years ago.

    Plus my old Washburn MG-44 that I gigged to death 20 years ago.

    And my pedal board is ridiculous. I bought so bloody many of them that the wiring is like someone threw a bowl of spaghetti on the floor.
    Yeah, I'm a fellow lefty!

    Can't go wrong with a Gibson and a Martin!

    And a lefty 7-string is a rare beast indeed!

  13. #3433
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    Its
    A
    Fucking
    Leftie!



    Lol You that know me know I am teasing.

    Oh Christ, pads will be on one now.
    He may quietly go 'Oh shit!' when he sees my three gigging guitars.

    And also my final Les Paul. A 1976 all-original LP Deluxe. Only 4 lefty Deluxes were built that year:

  14. #3434
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    66,282
    I bloody love Les Pauls. If I win the lottery I would be all over this years custom shop 1960 60th anniversary models. They are glorious.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

    1. The Great Wall of China

    2. Low Hill at Christmas

  15. #3435
    Kenny's Avatar
    Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    43,563
    Have a word. This thread should be slowly slipping down the sub-forum due to no live games, not turning into a friggin banjo discussion thread...

  16. #3436
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    88,629
    Excuse me but I am watching a live game right now.

    Red hot action from the A-League. I say red hot, it's about League Two standard.

    Punditry from a very chunky Mark Bosnich.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  17. #3437
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Stafford
    Posts
    14,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Excuse me but I am watching a live game right now.

    Red hot action from the A-League. I say red hot, it's about League Two standard.

    Punditry from a very chunky Mark Bosnich.
    Keogh still playing?
    )

  18. #3438
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    88,629
    Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Keogh still playing?
    He went to some Saudi club a year or so ago.

    I am going to assume that Michael Bridges is still the greatest footballer in the league's history.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  19. #3439
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Stafford
    Posts
    14,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    He went to some Saudi club a year or so ago.

    I am going to assume that Michael Bridges is still the greatest footballer in the league's history.
    Surely that’s Muscat?
    )

  20. #3440
    Kenny's Avatar
    Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    43,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Excuse me but I am watching a live game right now.

    Red hot action from the A-League. I say red hot, it's about League Two standard.

    Punditry from a very chunky Mark Bosnich.
    TALK ABOUT IT THEN or else we have to listen how much money it will cost Paddy to replicate the noise of a cat being put through a shredder

  21. #3441
    Kenny's Avatar
    Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    43,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post

    I am going to assume that Michael Bridges is still the greatest footballer in the league's history.
    ALF was banging them in last season. No clue who for but he seemed to be the Bradley Wright-Phillips of the A-League

  22. #3442
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    88,629
    Craig Noone is playing but without our assorted awful 2010s full backs to play against he isn't having the same impact that we know and love.

    Halifax vs Ebbsfleet is on later so Ambassador, with zis terrible football you are really spoiling us.

    A reference for all the kids there.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  23. #3443
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Stafford
    Posts
    14,533
    Well at least ‘the’ MLS has been postponed so we won’t need to stoop that low.
    )

  24. #3444
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida, United States
    Posts
    24,928
    Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Well at least ‘the’ MLS has been postponed so we won’t need to stoop that low.
    Must... Not... Bite...
    Quote Originally Posted by João Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

  25. #3445
    James's Avatar
    James is offline The Poster Equivalent of Bolton Wanderers
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    200 yards from the Sea
    Posts
    16,179
    Fylde beating Aldershot.

  26. #3446
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cannock
    Posts
    6,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Halifax vs Ebbsfleet is on later so Ambassador, with zis terrible football you are really spoiling us.

    A reference for all the kids there.
    That reference is from 1993. kids might be getting on a bit now
    I have 2 friends

  27. #3447
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bilston,jewel of the empire
    Posts
    2,147
    Nearly as bad as kids starting uni in the summer weren't alive when 9/11 happened
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

  28. #3448
    YoungWolf's Avatar
    YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    24,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    That reference is from 1993. kids might be getting on a bit now
    Before my time

Similar Threads

  1. Live Match Discussion 2017/18
    By Deutsch Wolf in forum Other Sport
    Replies: 5513
    Last Post: 11th June 2018, 10:22 AM
  2. Live Match Discussion 2017/18
    By Deutsch Wolf in forum Wolves
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 22nd June 2017, 09:09 PM
  3. Live Match Discussion 2015/16
    By Deutsch Wolf in forum Other Sport
    Replies: 6169
    Last Post: 14th July 2016, 07:08 PM
  4. Live Match Discussion 2012/13
    By Nando in forum Other Sport
    Replies: 4962
    Last Post: 13th June 2013, 04:45 PM
  5. Live Match Discussion
    By The Bear in forum Other Sport
    Replies: 4843
    Last Post: 12th August 2012, 03:59 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •