Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1428

Thread: The Live Match Discussion Thread: 2019/2020

  1. #1321
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    63,708
    Yes - they have talented players within the squad. HOWEVER - Farke needs to realise just about now that their kamikaze style is not going to help them at this level. Park the bus, get some points on the board, or they are going to get completely cut adrift.
    I'm looking California

    I'm feeling Minnesota

  2. #1322
    Kenny's Avatar
    Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    42,303
    Nah, fair play to sticking to how he wants to play. He probably knows it ends with relegation but asking his team to play in a way he doesn't like is shit.

  3. #1323
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burton-On-Trent
    Posts
    43,661
    Cantwell looked really good at the start of the season, but has been epically terrible recently.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

  4. #1324
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    63,708
    It depends whether continuing in that style is more important than top flight safety. Maybe the plan is try this season, and if they fail come back with a stronger squad still playing with the same expansive style. I think the January window will say a lot about the ambitions for the season at Carrow Road.
    I'm looking California

    I'm feeling Minnesota

  5. #1325
    Kenny's Avatar
    Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    42,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    It depends whether continuing in that style is more important than top flight safety.
    I think clearing debts is the way forward at the moment, it wasn't long ago they were saved from admin by selling James Maddison. So bank the Prem Money and try and play good football in the process. Gamble you can take a relegation and come straight back up. They won't spend a lot in January

  6. #1326
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    15,970
    Stoke playing a formation that suits the squad they have and are 2-0 up

  7. #1327
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    63,708
    Nice loud chants of "fuck VAR" coming over as Merson describes a Burnley goal being chalked off. This fucking system needs fucking binning. It's shite, it's ruining the game, and the fans in the grounds detest it.
    I'm looking California

    I'm feeling Minnesota

  8. #1328
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    15,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Nice loud chants of "fuck VAR" coming over as Merson describes a Burnley goal being chalked off. This fucking system needs fucking binning. It's shite, it's ruining the game, and the fans in the grounds detest it.
    I agree. He was offside though so comes down to how much you want the correct decision over the purity of the game

  9. #1329
    YoungWolf's Avatar
    YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    23,451
    Pellegrini must be close to getting sacked?

  10. #1330
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    63,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    I agree. He was offside though so comes down to how much you want the correct decision over the purity of the game
    The way it is now, I want the purity of the game and sod the odd rubbish decision. It's just abominably administered and is genuinely ruining the matchday experience for those paying to attend. I cannot express quite how much I hate VAR. It's awful.
    I'm looking California

    I'm feeling Minnesota

  11. #1331
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    15,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    The way it is now, I want the purity of the game and sod the odd rubbish decision. It's just abominably administered and is genuinely ruining the matchday experience for those paying to attend. I cannot express quite how much I hate VAR. It's awful.
    Agreed

  12. #1332
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungWolf View Post
    Pellegrini must be close to getting sacked?
    They could go for a safe pair of hands like Sam Allardyce or David Moyes. Failing that a manager doing well in the Championship such as Slaven Bilic.

  13. #1333
    Kenny's Avatar
    Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    42,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    The way it is now, I want the purity of the game and sod the odd rubbish decision. It's just abominably administered and is genuinely ruining the matchday experience for those paying to attend. I cannot express quite how much I hate VAR. It's awful.
    With you on this one. The last couple of weeks have shown VAR to be a dreadul addition to our game (not Wolves incidents btw)

  14. #1334
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    86,587
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungWolf View Post
    Pellegrini must be close to getting sacked?
    You'd think so, terrible run and he can't moan about funding.

    Shocking call to end up with Millwall's journeyman reserve keeper and this Roberto clown (doesn't even look like a pro player) as back up. One injury and they have very little chance of ever keeping a clean sheet, Fabianski won't be back until the New Year either.

    Tough run coming up for them after the break, Spurs, Chelsea, us and Arsenal.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  15. #1335
    Kenny's Avatar
    Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    42,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post

    Shocking call to end up with Millwall's journeyman reserve keeper
    Not the one who made the dreadful error in the FA Cup is it?

  16. #1336
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    86,587
    Saints have also been terrible again it seems. Everton have had 12 shots in one half and they're hardly a brilliant team. Nothing on target for the home side.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  17. #1337
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    86,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Not the one who made the dreadful error in the FA Cup is it?
    It is indeed.

    Alvin Martin's son which no doubt played a part in their nonsense thinking (never mind that he would struggle to get a game in League One)
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  18. #1338
    Kenny's Avatar
    Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    42,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    It is indeed.

    Alvin Martin's son which no doubt played a part in their nonsense thinking (never mind that he would struggle to get a game in League One)
    Top stuff. Probably got confused when the BBC called him a promising kid (I guess 33 is young to some)

  19. #1339
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    86,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilf Wolf View Post
    They could go for a safe pair of hands like Sam Allardyce or David Moyes. Failing that a manager doing well in the Championship such as Slaven Bilic.
    Glenn Roeder has one of their highest ever PL finishes on his CV. Free as well.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  20. #1340
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    86,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Saints have also been terrible again it seems. Everton have had 12 shots in one half and they're hardly a brilliant team. Nothing on target for the home side.
    Equalised now.

    Of every game we've had this season, Everton is the most annoying. Wasted a ton of chances, defended like an U8s team and played 1983 football for the whole second half for no reason. They're not even any good.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  21. #1341
    Kenny's Avatar
    Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    42,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    this Roberto clown
    Punched one into his own net now

  22. #1342
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    86,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    You'd think so, terrible run and he can't moan about funding.

    Shocking call to end up with Millwall's journeyman reserve keeper and this Roberto clown (doesn't even look like a pro player) as back up. One injury and they have very little chance of ever keeping a clean sheet, Fabianski won't be back until the New Year either.

    Tough run coming up for them after the break, Spurs, Chelsea, us and Arsenal.
    Roberto has now punched it into his own net
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  23. #1343
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    63,708
    Roberto punches it into his own net to put Burnley 3 up. Bye Bye Pellegrini.

    Newcastle ahead against Bournemouth.

    Oh - and Stourbridge are winning.
    I'm looking California

    I'm feeling Minnesota

  24. #1344
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    It is indeed.

    Alvin Martin's son which no doubt played a part in their nonsense thinking (never mind that he would struggle to get a game in League One)
    Released by MK Dons a couple of season's ago and played 11 games for Millwall. Bizarre signing given that when called on at Millwall he was anything but a safe pair of hands. Nice bloke though - when at MK lived three doors from my mate.

  25. #1345
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Glenn Roeder has one of their highest ever PL finishes on his CV. Free as well.
    Maybe a return to West Ham is what Alan Curbishley has been waiting for?

  26. #1346
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    63,708
    Looks like a perfectly good Sheffield United goal is about to be binned by VAR. FUCK THE FUCK FUCKING OFF.
    I'm looking California

    I'm feeling Minnesota

  27. #1347
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    63,708
    UTTERLY BOLLOCKS DECISION. I detest this. The game is ruined.
    I'm looking California

    I'm feeling Minnesota

  28. #1348
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Stafford
    Posts
    13,311
    Just switched on Final Score and itís all VAR. Fuck this nonsense, Iím done if this carries on.
    )

  29. #1349
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    952
    Needs a time limit introducing. If it isn't clear within 1 minute it isn't a clear error!

  30. #1350
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    63,708
    It needs binning off completely. It's appalling.
    I'm looking California

    I'm feeling Minnesota

Similar Threads

  1. Live Match Discussion 2017/18
    By Deutsch Wolf in forum Other Sport
    Replies: 5513
    Last Post: 11th June 2018, 11:22 AM
  2. Live Match Discussion 2017/18
    By Deutsch Wolf in forum Wolves
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 22nd June 2017, 10:09 PM
  3. Live Match Discussion 2015/16
    By Deutsch Wolf in forum Other Sport
    Replies: 6169
    Last Post: 14th July 2016, 08:08 PM
  4. Live Match Discussion 2012/13
    By Nando in forum Other Sport
    Replies: 4962
    Last Post: 13th June 2013, 05:45 PM
  5. Live Match Discussion
    By The Bear in forum Other Sport
    Replies: 4843
    Last Post: 12th August 2012, 04:59 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •