Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 61

Thread: The Squad - 2019/20

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Stafford
    Posts
    13,871
    Why stop there?
    )

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida, United States
    Posts
    24,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Joćo Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    87,537
    Sav was a better LB than Doc or Mo, and quite comfortably too.

    As was Stears, actually. We even played him there in the Premier League.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,175
    If Jonny plays on the right then he will ‘hold’ that side whilst Vinagre gets forward more, much like he does on the left when Doherty bombs forward on the right.

    He wouldn’t be expected to be as effective going forward on the right as much as Doherty is.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida, United States
    Posts
    24,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Sav was a better LB than Doc or Mo, and quite comfortably too.

    As was Stears, actually. We even played him there in the Premier League.
    I always felt like Sav got a bit of a bum rep; I'm just adding him to the pile of non-LBs to play there for us.

    Quote Originally Posted by LG Wolf View Post
    If Jonny plays on the right then he will ‘hold’ that side whilst Vinagre gets forward more, much like he does on the left when Doherty bombs forward on the right.

    He wouldn’t be expected to be as effective going forward on the right as much as Doherty is.
    Jonny gets forward plenty, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joćo Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Doesn't that kinda back up Alan? Jonny's played 25ish% at RB, Doc will have around 10% of his time at LB. Both play much more often on the other sides
    That's not quite where I was going but point taken. More to say, you can play someone in a position but it doesn't make them someone who plays naturally in that position.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    87,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Jonny gets forward plenty, IMO.
    He does. But he's less likely to directly score or assist.

    Since Doc lost enough weight that he can actually get off the ground, he's good in the air at the back stick. Jonny can never match that as he's about my height and build.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,459
    Where's Connor Ronan these days? I don't think he went to China but I think he may have had a summer tournament so might be resting

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    16,572
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWolves View Post
    Where's Connor Ronan these days? I don't think he went to China but I think he may have had a summer tournament so might be resting
    Going back to Slovakia

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    29,620
    Alexander Molberg is back with Hobro IK.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    87,537
    What an odd move all round that was.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    6,924
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWolves View Post
    Where's Connor Ronan these days? I don't think he went to China but I think he may have had a summer tournament so might be resting
    Scored a goal to get his team through in the Europa League the other day I believe.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    29,620
    Updated and re-jigged slightly.

    Miranda is the only one I'm slightly unsure on, he appears to be training with the first team unlike the Leo, Graham etc but with Nuno saying he wants a squad of 18 outfield players and Kilman a fully-fledged part of that, Roderick appears to be the odd one out.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    16,572
    Not playing in China and not making the bench last week means I don't think you can include him. If he's still around at the end of August he may get some bench time in the cups, but I'd be surprised if he isn't in Portugal with a Wolves subsidised deal

  15. #45
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Dorset
    Posts
    20,052
    If he is still here after the window closes then we will make use of him as a bench option in some of the lower profile games, but not more than that.

    Assume we haven't had any approaches for him - agree a loan somewhere at the end of the window is the likliest scenario.
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    29,620
    Missed the signing of Cyriaque Mayounga from Lyon - left back.

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    29,620
    OS has updated with new arrivals, loans out and the U23/U18's.

    We've got a number of U23's who aren't listed on the OS, but there's been nothing to say they've been moved on. I've added an AWOL section for them until we see/hear more.

  18. #48
    Kenny's Avatar
    Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    42,798
    Presume a lot of them the club are trying to get out on loan or get rid of but won't just release them. L1 & L2 clubs can still sign loan players until the end of the month. Harry B is in limbo as he should be playing for Bury

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    29,620
    Almost as if there was no point in extending Deslandes' contract. Madness.

    I believe Wang couldn't get a work permit when he signed, so not sure what we'll be doing with him.

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    29,620
    Interesting to see who's going to drop out of the match day squad once Vallejo is fully integrated.

    Initially I'd have thought Neto would be with the u23's, but he's clearly firmly in Nuno's plans and looks like a good alternative to Diogo.

    Saiss is invaluable given his versatility and his ability to help close a game out. I like having two wing back options and Cutrone is nailed on. That leaves Morgan, or if Vallejo starts, Bennett being booted out of the squad entirely.

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Sav was a better LB than Doc or Mo, and quite comfortably too.

    Last time I saw George he was trying to convince a Wolves supporting mate (who didn't know who he was at the time) to let him film him saying ' Matt Doherty is shit'

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    16,572
    Means nowt but German Phil and Graham have been officially named in our PL squad

  23. #53
    Kenny's Avatar
    Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    42,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Means nowt but German Phil and Graham have been officially named in our PL squad
    Could need them for the Reading game

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burton-On-Trent
    Posts
    44,159
    Here's the full list:

    25 Squad players (*Home grown)

    Bennett, Ryan*
    Boly, Willy-Arnaud Zobo
    Burgoyne, Harry James*
    Castro Otto, Jonatan
    Coady, Conor*
    Cristovao, Flavio Silva
    Da Silva Neves, Ruben Diogo
    Dendoncker, Leander
    Deslandes, Sylvain Boris Nabil
    Doherty, Matthew James*
    Dos Santos Patricio, Rui Pedro
    Graham, Jordan*
    Iria Santos Moutinho, Joao Filipe
    Jimenez Rodriguez, Raul Alonso
    Kilman, Maximilian*
    Norris, William James*
    Ofosu-Ayeh, Phil
    Ruddy, John Thomas Gordon*
    Saiss, Romain Ghanem Paul
    Teixeira da Silva, Diogo Jose
    Traore Diarra, Adama
    Vallejo Lazaro, Jesus
    Yang, Ming-Yang

    U21 players (Contracts and Scholars)

    Abbey, Jediael Yeboah
    Agboola, Michael
    Ashley-Seal, Bernard Patrick
    Bueno Lopez, Hugo
    Bugarin Londono, Erik
    Campbell, Chem
    Carty, Conor Thomas
    Cavaco Jordao, Bruno Andre
    Corbeanu, Theodor Alexander
    Csoka, Daniel
    Cundle, Luke James
    Cutrone, Patrick
    Da Silva Nascimento Vinagre, Ruben Goncalo
    Dadashov, Renat
    Dai, Wai Tsun
    Diallo, Sadou
    Ennis, Niall Nathan Michael
    Enobakhare, Bright
    Estrada, Pascal
    Forrester, Jaden Joshua
    Francis, Edward Albert
    Gibbs-White, Morgan Anthony
    Giles, Ryan John
    He, Zhenyu
    Herc, Christian
    Hesketh, Owen James
    Hodnett, Jack Mikey James
    John, Cameron Bradley
    Johnson, Connor William
    Joseph, Joseph
    Kitolano, John Shuguto
    Lomba Neto, Pedro
    Marques, Christian Fernandes
    Mayounga - Ngolou, Cyriaque
    McLaughlin, Lee James
    Neto Hanne, Boubacar Rafael
    Nya, Raphael
    O'Shaughnessy, Joseph Peter David
    Otasowie, Ebeguowen
    Pardington, James
    Parker, Todd William
    Perry, Taylor
    Pinnington, Dean Stanley
    Rasmussen, Oskar Buur
    Richards, Lewis Paul Jimmy
    Ronan, Connor Patrick
    Samuels, Austin
    Sanderson, Dion Dannie Leonard
    Sangare, Faisu
    Scott, Jack David
    Shabani, Meritan
    Smith, Jackson
    Sondergaard, Andreas
    Taylor, Terence
    Thompson, Callum Niall
    Wan, Nathaniel Shio Hong
    Wang, Jiahao
    Watt, Elliot William
    Young, Joe Michael



    Only three of our eight home grown players are in the first team.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bamboo River
    Posts
    1,141
    Has Norris come back from Ipswich?

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    15,448
    Quote Originally Posted by From Distant Shores View Post
    Has Norris come back from Ipswich?
    He played for them last night so doesn’t look like it.
    #prayforJohnny75

    Tweet.

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rugby
    Posts
    2,740
    Bet Ruddy loves John Thomas.

  28. #58
    Jinky's Avatar
    Jinky is offline Has better things to do and a life. Also a total arse.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Just outside of Oxford
    Posts
    26,196
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Here's the full list:

    25 Squad players (*Home grown)

    Bennett, Ryan*
    Boly, Willy-Arnaud Zobo
    Burgoyne, Harry James*
    Castro Otto, Jonatan
    Coady, Conor*
    Cristovao, Flavio Silva
    Da Silva Neves, Ruben Diogo
    Dendoncker, Leander
    Deslandes, Sylvain Boris Nabil
    Doherty, Matthew James*
    Dos Santos Patricio, Rui Pedro
    Graham, Jordan*
    Iria Santos Moutinho, Joao Filipe
    Jimenez Rodriguez, Raul Alonso
    Kilman, Maximilian*
    Norris, William James*
    Ofosu-Ayeh, Phil
    Ruddy, John Thomas Gordon*
    Saiss, Romain Ghanem Paul
    Teixeira da Silva, Diogo Jose
    Traore Diarra, Adama
    Vallejo Lazaro, Jesus
    Yang, Ming-Yang

    U21 players (Contracts and Scholars)

    Abbey, Jediael Yeboah
    Agboola, Michael
    Ashley-Seal, Bernard Patrick
    Bueno Lopez, Hugo
    Bugarin Londono, Erik
    Campbell, Chem
    Carty, Conor Thomas
    Cavaco Jordao, Bruno Andre
    Corbeanu, Theodor Alexander
    Csoka, Daniel
    Cundle, Luke James
    Cutrone, Patrick
    Da Silva Nascimento Vinagre, Ruben Goncalo
    Dadashov, Renat
    Dai, Wai Tsun
    Diallo, Sadou
    Ennis, Niall Nathan Michael
    Enobakhare, Bright
    Estrada, Pascal
    Forrester, Jaden Joshua
    Francis, Edward Albert
    Gibbs-White, Morgan Anthony
    Giles, Ryan John
    He, Zhenyu
    Herc, Christian
    Hesketh, Owen James
    Hodnett, Jack Mikey James
    John, Cameron Bradley
    Johnson, Connor William
    Joseph, Joseph
    Kitolano, John Shuguto
    Lomba Neto, Pedro
    Marques, Christian Fernandes
    Mayounga - Ngolou, Cyriaque
    McLaughlin, Lee James
    Neto Hanne, Boubacar Rafael
    Nya, Raphael
    O'Shaughnessy, Joseph Peter David
    Otasowie, Ebeguowen
    Pardington, James
    Parker, Todd William
    Perry, Taylor
    Pinnington, Dean Stanley
    Rasmussen, Oskar Buur
    Richards, Lewis Paul Jimmy
    Ronan, Connor Patrick
    Samuels, Austin
    Sanderson, Dion Dannie Leonard
    Sangare, Faisu
    Scott, Jack David
    Shabani, Meritan
    Smith, Jackson
    Sondergaard, Andreas
    Taylor, Terence
    Thompson, Callum Niall
    Wan, Nathaniel Shio Hong
    Wang, Jiahao
    Watt, Elliot William
    Young, Joe Michael



    Only three of our eight home grown players are in the first team.
    Was looking at these lists on the Sky Sports app last night. When you see it written down like that, you really do notice how small our first team squad is compared to other clubs. Ludicrous, really - when we could have 50+ matches this season

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northallerton, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    25,798
    Well I guess as Cutrone, Gibbs-White and Jordao are all listed as "U21's", there's 3 more for the main squad.
    Add Sanderson and Taylor to the "had experience with the 1st team" pile as well and that's 28 although 4 are keepers
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mondas and Telos
    Posts
    13,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabbawolf View Post
    Bet Ruddy loves John Thomas.
    Could be worse. It could have been John Thomas Richard!
    reserves the right to be grumpy until we sign some more quality

Similar Threads

  1. Prediction League 2018/2019 Week 34 12 - 16 April 2019
    By lemonjelly in forum 1888/1889 Prediction League
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 18th April 2019, 01:36 PM
  2. Prediction League 2018/2019 Week 32 30 March - 1 April 2019
    By lemonjelly in forum 1888/1889 Prediction League
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 18th April 2019, 01:00 PM
  3. Prediction League 2018/2019 Week 31 16 -17 March 2019
    By lemonjelly in forum 1888/1889 Prediction League
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16th March 2019, 02:30 PM
  4. Prediction League 2018/2019 Week 30 9 -10 March 2019
    By lemonjelly in forum 1888/1889 Prediction League
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 9th March 2019, 12:26 PM
  5. Prediction League 2018/2019 Week 27 22 -24 February 2019
    By lemonjelly in forum 1888/1889 Prediction League
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 23rd February 2019, 02:14 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •