Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Covid football attendance

Post Covid football attendance

This season, assuming that it does finish, will do so behind closed doors & probably in neutral venues away from the home ground so this issue doesn’t apply for now.

If the 20/21 season starts at some point with attendances allowed then what are peoples thoughts about attending given that social distancing is going to be nigh on impossible in that scenario & if the pubs are still closed then that limits my reasons for coming as meeting up with friends is a big part of the day anyway (if Weatherspoon’s is open then none of us would be seen dead in there so that won’t help). Even if open then social distancing will mean that few will be able to get in one as the Royal London has at least 200 in there running up to the time people leave to go to the match & they won’t be allowed to do that.

Given my age I am having to give thoughts as to whether I can risk it until a proven vaccine has been produced & used on a national scale. Certainly, considering whether renewing a S/T will be sensible at the moment. I may well have the decision taken out of my hands as the Government may loosen the lockdown by age and/or area so may not have a choice to make.

Other thoughts?
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

(paused for the moment, but hopefully to be continued)

I doubt we will get the option before Christmas at best.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Can't see the usual matchday experience happening anytime soon, certainly not this side of Christmas

If the pubs are closed matches won't have fans. The two will go hand in hand if anything it'll be pubs first with limited numbers allowed in.

Interestingly I read that the head of Fullers said he'd rather pubs stayed closed than operated under social distancing rules, he thought they'd lose more money doing that than they would just not opening

If I attend a match again in 2020 I'll be very pleasantly surprised.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Feel quite sad for our lads bet they are busting their guts to get out there and play. Gary Neville seems to have placed himself as the official spokestwat for all concerned. We always said the bubble will burst eventually but not like this. In coming days of recession, depression and unemployment I think we will grow to resent the ridiculously paid more than ever. Hope FOSUN choose not to pull the plug BUT football will never be the same again. I cannot contemplate not seeing Jao Moutinho in a Wolves shirt again - it is unthinkable.

From Dudley to Malta and back to Stourbridge
    Terrible to imagine but possible that most of our foreign stars could opt to return to their homelands next year if we haven't defeated the virus one way or another. At least we can say, we've seen arguably the best Wolves team ever.
    We're all doomed

If matches go ahead behind closed doors, we'll have to set up on MS Teams or something like to watch it.

I think this season is a write-off in terms of attendance, but August/September onwards there'll be something in place. Maybe proof of being tested within 5 days prior to kickoff. Smarter folk than I are on the case.

Del Woppio is offline PTG Champion 2016/17, 3rd Place 2012/13, TWF FIFA 12 Champions' League Winner
    I'll be in no rush to go to a pub, rave football match or concert tbh, not until there's a vaccine
    The Formula is dead. Long live The Criteria!

Even when fans are allowed back expecting small crowds allowed early on plus probably no away fans.

If it's safe to go we'll go, if not we won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Collymore did a poll that said if there was a match next weekend with a full stadium would you go and 23% said yes

I think the track and trace app is key to this along with the antibody test. Get those working and I think we'll be back to some sort of normality around September.

In which case just finish the season behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by jd1981 View Post
    Even when fans are allowed back expecting small crowds allowed early on plus probably no away fans.
    How would they do that? Ticket wise / STH's etc.

Not sure the size of the crowd really makes much of a difference once your over a certain figure anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by pacamac View Post
    How would they do that? Ticket wise / STH's etc.

Not sure the size of the crowd really makes much of a difference once your over a certain figure anyway.
    You can do it so far, but then it gets difficult.

Refund everyone for this season. Sell Season Tickets for next or at least the first half of on a loyalty basis. Use every 3rd seat in every other row and you get to about 5k by my reckoning then reduce down for whatever is needed to keep gangways clear etc, don't open kiosks. You have to be in your seat 10 mins before kick off and can't leave until full time. If you can't commit to not needing the toilet for 2 hours then you don't go / get banned if you do.

The bit I can't figure is how you get people into their seat in the correct order so there isn't squeezing past that only works if you only have 2 people in a row per gangway, but you could then use every row which then probably gets you down to around 2k if there are 30 seats in a row.

Essentially if you are currently an ASTH it's feasible to get you in and keep social distancing - without a pre match search

They won’t go down that route. Simpler to stay entirely behind closed doors than go through that charade.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Agreed. You'd also then get people around the ground without tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    They won’t go down that route. Simpler to stay entirely behind closed doors than go through that charade.
    That was my thinking

GLASGOWOLF is offline Not English you say? Got my eyes on you then
    My belief is that it would not stop me from going anywhere.
    I am a very fit, healthy 56 year old , I dont live with anyone at risk.

I would not visit either of my parents who are at risk in the case of my Father, extremely at risk.

I would stay away from someone who is at Risk, so can understand Parkin's perspective, but with 0 underlying health issues, with good lung function I would not stop going anywhere that was open.

The point is you won’t be allowed in at least the next few months.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by GLASGOWOLF View Post

I would not visit either of my parents who are at risk in the case of my Father, extremely at risk.

I would stay away from someone who is at Risk, so can understand Parkin's perspective, but with 0 underlying health issues, with good lung function I would not stop going anywhere that was open.
    You realise it's not about you? It's about everybody else, you only need one infected person to infect you and you take it back to Spain or wherever and infect a shit load of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    You realise it's not about you? It's about everybody else, you only need one infected person to infect you and you take it back to Spain or wherever and infect a shit load of others.
    It's amazing how people still need this explained to them after so long.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hélder Costa

Explaining or don't care?

Darwinism is action, ladies and gents.

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

So what happens if everyone thinks like this GW.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    It's amazing how people still need this explained to them after so long.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk
    It's incredible. My first thought is 'what is wrong with them?'

I rather suspect that my mate who died from c-19 a couple of weeks ago might have thought similar.
    On matchdays, I reckon it'll be a long time before my name is darlowolf...

You may not be visiting vulnerable older relatives, but not all vulnerable people are over a particular age. Deaths have unfortunately happened in younger people (& considerably younger in some cases & you will come across them & may yourself be infected without any symptoms and gaily passing it on). This disease doesn't discriminate.

Whilst I am (just) into the age range mentioned I am fit with no underlying health conditions & consider that I am intelligent enough to consider the risk factor for myself. Not sure how they would police it anyway (unless they are going to force us to wear a badge, which has very sinister connotations, or date stamping our DoB on our foreheads!). Would like to think that unless you know my age I can still get away with being a few years under anyway.

Would it be acceptable to insist that all BAME individuals continue to isolate seeing as there is data indicating that they are more vulnerable at whatever age (reasons not yet clear) or is that an 'ism' that is beyond the pale - is ageism any more acceptable.

Agree with others that the decision won't have to be made now as unlikely that any of us will have the opportunity for some months. When the time comes I will decide based on the scientific evidence then & my own common sense.
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

(paused for the moment, but hopefully to be continued)

Wow few people jumping on GlasgowWolfs post, was he/she not just answering the initial question of how will you will react personally once 'covid is over'? Not sure what you'd consider 'over' but imagine the original poster meant that it had got to the stage where there were no restrictions from government.

Based on that I'd be the same as Glasgowolf (at that stage) its never going to completely disappear (just like other viruses haven't) its just a case of getting to the stage where its a minimal risk.

We're sadly far from that stage yet though.