Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Squad - 2019/20

Quote Originally Posted by darlowolf64 View Post
    Well I guess as Cutrone, Gibbs-White and Jordao are all listed as "U21's", there's 3 more for the main squad.
    Add Sanderson and Taylor to the "had experience with the 1st team" pile as well and that's 28 although 4 are keepers
    Neto too.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

I've updated this with all the movements in/out.

Edit: Ignore me, I can't read
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Updated again.

You have Ronan twice i the loans section mate. Need to get rd if the DAC Dunajská Streda entry.
    On matchdays, my name is darlowolf

there has been much debate about depth of quality. In the 40 odd moves, loan and permenant from Wolves this season only Hause to Villa and Bennett to leicester have been to premier league clubs and Cutrone to top division . The others have hit lower leagues. I would say that strengthens the argument that the depth of quality is an issue that needs to be fixed during 2020-21. Perhaps thats what the plan is?
    if your path means you walk through hell then walk as if you own the place.

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    I would say that strengthens the argument that the depth of quality is an issue that needs to be fixed during 2020-21. Perhaps thats what the plan is?
    You could say 5 of the deals made recently were with a view to adding depth to the squad but not instantly. Of the 5, Neto has already stepped up and Jordao looks like he is considered a 1st teamer now. Then you get the injury to Shabani, without that I think he would have games under his belt in the 1st team (although it looks like he is close to getting on on the pitch and kicking a ball again) then we have Campana and Enzo who are considered to be a short term U23 squad members.
    If we are signing 2 or 3 players a window on the same basis as Campana and Co, inside 18-24 months we will have young quaility as the depth, rather than spending multi millions and trying to keep 60k a week players happy. Whilst the depth is an issue right now (if we get 2 or 3 injuries) it does surprise me the amount of people who moan about our squad size (not a dig at you Cyber, I mean out there in the weird social media world), its like everything Nuno has said since Day 1 has been ignored and if we don't have a 25 man squad made up of names then the club is failing.

Our progress on the pitch has been rapid under Fosun and Nuno and I think we have gone 2 or 3 steps ahead of where the owners expected us to be. We are very much still at the early stages of this project and its good to see the cub sticking to a plan rather than panicking like some fans.

Our official premier league squad.

Looking forward to seeing German Phil play.
    )

YoungWolf is online now World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Yang is still at the club? He must be in the same training group as German Phil. Weird.

Yeah, out of contract in the summer. Someone is bound to get the kind of inexplicable contract extension that Hayden/Deslandes/Burgoyne always used to get so he could be the man...

Twitter
    Facebook

Maybe with Kev on his way out the random EEL-type extensions will stop?
    )

GLASGOWOLF is offline Not English you say? Got my eyes on you then
    Went to Marbella today, really impressed with Otasowie. Campaņa and Podence

Isn't that literally every over-21 player contracted to the club though? Might as well register them in case of, well, whatever, and besides, I think there's actually a minimum number of players that we have to register. They're as likely to play as Iorfa was at the start of last season.

Ruddy, John Thomas... fnarr
    My name is Geoff...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Is doherty a home grown player? Unless Ireland counts as HG, meant to spend 3 years between 15-21 training within a nation, he joined wolves after 18th birthday, so surely miss the cut off
    twitter: paramjohal96

Quote Originally Posted by GLASGOWOLF View Post
    Went to Marbella today, really impressed with Otasowie. Campaņa and Podence
    What about them impressed you mate?
    Feigning concern, a Labour pastime, makes you feel doubtful right from the start. The expression he pulls is exactly like last time, got to assume he just hasn't a brain!

Quote Originally Posted by Premier Quality View Post
    What about them impressed you mate?
    Otasowie just oozed composure. First touch was immense always had time, was always available. His defensive work was so good. Handled Raul, and Jota with ease. Only once did he make a mistake in a full match it was a pen

Campana again always had time solid player passing range was good always available picked a pass

Podence quick, strong for a small guy, turned really well, gave all the defence problems.

Our team is looking good for the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves-96 View Post
    Is doherty a home grown player? Unless Ireland counts as HG, meant to spend 3 years between 15-21 training within a nation, he joined wolves after 18th birthday, so surely miss the cut off
    He absolutely is HG a fella.off MolMix to ask if he was and the Club Secretary replied to him personally and (with permission) he shared the screen grabs in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by GLASGOWOLF View Post
    Otasowie just oozed composure. First touch was immense always had time, was always available. His defensive work was so good. Handled Raul, and Jota with ease. Only once did he make a mistake in a full match it was a pen

Campana again always had time solid player passing range was good always available picked a pass

Podence quick, strong for a small guy, turned really well, gave all the defence problems.

Our team is looking good for the next few years.
    Interested in your comments on Otasowie, Glasgow. First time I watched him in the U-23s (albeit on my laptop) the guy's potential was obvious. Could be a top, top player but he does need to cut out those silly mistakes. It was his mistake that let Liverpool U-23s back into it at 2-0. I'd be looking to send him out on loan next season - same as Dion Sanderson, the Championship is going to do him far more good than the U-23s
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Deeley View Post
    Interested in your comments on Otasowie, Glasgow. First time I watched him in the U-23s (albeit on my laptop) the guy's potential was obvious. Could be a top, top player but he does need to cut out those silly mistakes. It was his mistake that let Liverpool U-23s back into it at 2-0. I'd be looking to send him out on loan next season - same as Dion Sanderson, the Championship is going to do him far more good than the U-23s
    Yes I saw the error for Liverpool.
    It will change he just needs to know when to play, when not to.

That will come.
    In 2 - 3 years time Otasowie, Kilman and Coady will make up the back 3, it will be one hell of a back 3.

YoungWolf is online now World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Maybe with Kev on his way out the random EEL-type extensions will stop?
    Nope, Boubacar Hanne has just got one by the sounds of it

Certainly has and out on loan to Grasshoppers (who have fallen from grace in recent years, they got relegated last season)

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by YoungWolf View Post
    Nope, Boubacar Hanne has just got one by the sounds of it
    Kev's parting gift will be a load of new contracts
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

I see Campana has been given #30 and Enzo #12 - in some of the vids from Spain I saw one of the young lads wearing #4 - any idea who that was?
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57

machin05 is offline MURDERS BADGERS. PTG Dogsbody and Spreadsheet MasterN3rd
    Dave Edwards
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Don't think those numbers mean anything anyway, the first team will obviously have gear with their own squad numbers on but Lewis Richards was wearing 10 for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Don't think those numbers mean anything anyway, the first team will obviously have gear with their own squad numbers on but Lewis Richards was wearing 10 for example.
    Right. Giving out the squad numbers was always one of my highlights in Champ Manager...

Auto - Click

Job done.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Deeley View Post
    Right. Giving out the squad numbers was always one of my highlights in Champ Manager...
    On one version I had Lee Mills playing up front with number 5 and a right back with number 9