Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kit Thread 2019/20 - slag off the collar in here

Just seen a photo of the junior shirt - it actually looks pretty smart with the Silverbug logo on.
    I pledge my grievance to the flag

Twitter

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    After seeing the Kit Jinky will have to buy I can see why he is upset TBH

#smalljokesarefunny

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer Grouse View Post
    Did you give the E&S permission to use your tweet in their article on the new shirt?
    Don't think they need to.

https://www.howtogeek.com/310158/are...use-my-tweets/

Any website that uses Twitter’s embed API to display your Tweets is free to do so. The only way to stop it happening, is to turn your account to private or delete the original Tweet. If you delete it, it will disappear from any embeds on other sites as well.
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Langers is online now Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    My comment is clearly the best out there so it's fine for them to use it.

Better than using Jinky's.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

What was with the low key unveiling? Were they forced to do it earlier than planned due to the leak?

Twitter

Jinky is offline PTG Champion 2014/15, Runner Up 2015/16, 3rd Place 2016/17. And a total arse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus Dan View Post
    What was with the low key unveiling? Were they forced to do it earlier than planned due to the leak?
    I thought similar, tbf.

I really like the new kit. I don't get this love affair with last season's yellowy tone and the new one looks a better colour to me, not too orange, more like the LCS shirt of 2009 or the Burrdshit one which followed it. I like the design, simple but not too plain. The only things I preferred on last year's were the black cuffs and the W88 logo but these lot are offering us loads more so so be it.

Not sure about the black socks but not overly concerned.

Thumbs up from me

Spend years waiting for a shirt that isnt fucking orange and gone after one season.
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I like it hopefully that sponsor will peel off like the Sporting bet ones did
    Acetone, a hot iron and a damp cloth will have that off in 5 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    After seeing the Kit Jinky will have to buy I can see why he is upset TBH

#smalljokesarefunny
    That's just the same shorts from this years infant kit. The robbing bastards!

Twitter

Apologies if this has already been answered but when does the away shirt get released?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWolves View Post
    Apologies if this has already been answered but when does the away shirt get released?
    Nothing has been mentioned yet but a good chance it will happen when we open the shop in China this month

Can't remember if it was £50 or £55 last year...so maybe, maybe not

#heretohelp
    Last year was 49, I think. But the price rise is expected.

Last year’s was better but I’ll still probably buy it. Maybe. Cass definitely wants one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Underwhelming to say the last. Judging by the people on here, me included, the vast majority seemed to love both the colour and design of last season's. I don't get the reasoning behind this fairlty radical change.

Stripes are always nice and at least it's a fairly simple design. The sponsor logo is hideous and fascinatingly amateurish for what must be a company of some size. I can live with the collar but the pattern is just terrible.

The more you read - or try to read - about ManBetX the more unsettling they are as a sponsor. Their last tweet - 30 June 2017 - refers to them sponsoring Palace. Goodness knows I've had a few bets on football in my life, but even for me this particular sponsorship leaves a bit of a sour taste. To say nothing of their dire logo.
    Wolves 2017/18 P46 W27 D11 L8 F85 A40 Pts 92: 2 pts a game is all we need...

Tweeting 2 years ago is unsettling?

I presume as their whole target market appears to be China and surrounding countries they really don't feel the need to push their marketing to places where you can't use them. They are taking advantage of the new overseas TV Deal knowing their (fucking hideous but it stands out) logo is seen by millions of people in the area they make their money.

Sadly long gone are the days when your team was sponsored by a local company (Goodyear, Sandwell Council, whatever that tiny place is that sells TV's across the road from the Hawthorns is called etc). Right now we in the middle of the betting company boom but like other things, alcohol was pretty prominent at one point, it will die and the next wave will arrive. Watch the Chinese Government ban the showing of any sport where Gambling is advertised on shirts & boards around the pitch then it dies.

Right now if a company is waving, a reported, £10m a year in our face then as long as it isn't the Nazi Party or ISIS their shitty logo will appear. We are not quite at the level where we can attract a more normal uber sized company who will chuck gazzilions at us.

Obviously fans could not buy the shirt to protest but that ain't happening. We had a large % do that with Moneyshop shirts but even that wasn't enough for us to say thank you and goodnight to them

No, I just meant tweeting 2 years ago looks a little unprofessional. I gather they have any number of names registered with the UKGC, so you'd expect them to maintain a social media presence. But as you say, £10m is £10m and pays the wages of 4 x 50k/week players. Maybe I'm just getting old...
    Wolves 2017/18 P46 W27 D11 L8 F85 A40 Pts 92: 2 pts a game is all we need...

Tweeting 2 years ago is unsettling?

I presume as their whole target market appears to be China and surrounding countries they really don't feel the need to push their marketing to places where you can't use them. They are taking advantage of the new overseas TV Deal knowing their (fucking hideous but it stands out) logo is seen by millions of people in the area they make their money.

Sadly long gone are the days when your team was sponsored by a local company (Goodyear, Sandwell Council, whatever that tiny place is that sells TV's across the road from the Hawthorns is called etc). Right now we in the middle of the betting company boom but like other things, alcohol was pretty prominent at one point, it will die and the next wave will arrive. Watch the Chinese Government ban the showing of any sport where Gambling is advertised on shirts & boards around the pitch then it dies.

Right now if a company is waving, a reported, £10m a year in our face then as long as it isn't the Nazi Party or ISIS their shitty logo will appear. We are not quite at the level where we can attract a more normal uber sized company who will chuck gazzilions at us.

Obviously fans could not buy the shirt to protest but that ain't happening. We had a large % do that with Moneyshop shirts but even that wasn't enough for us to say thank you and goodnight to them
    The ISIS logo on a black away shirt could work, ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Deeley View Post
    No, I just meant tweeting 2 years ago looks a little unprofessional. I gather they have any number of names registered with the UKGC, so you'd expect them to maintain a social media presence. But as you say, £10m is £10m and pays the wages of 4 x 50k/week players. Maybe I'm just getting old...
    If they are looking to promote ManBet just in China etc I guess their exposure on Social Media will be whatever the Government controlled version of Twitter is over there. Probably tried to use it when they went in at Palace then thought, why are we doing this? Get a load of UK followers who can't place a bet on the ManBet website.

Seems they are owned by Vivaro Limited, who are regulated by the British Gambling board but ManBet certainly seems to be a company ran for the Asian market. Is there a UK website for them? All I can see is this https://cn.mebtx11.com/home/register (our badge at the top of the list I see...)

Quote Originally Posted by Pablowolf View Post
    The ISIS logo on a black away shirt could work, ya know.
    The US Government is now watching you

The US Government is now watching you
    I feel for the poor NSA worker who gets that assignment.
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hélder Costa

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    I feel for the poor NSA worker who gets that assignment.
    Only if they install a camera in my toilet bowl.

I like the colour but there is just too much logo, particiularly dislike the white badges.
    Didn't dislke last years colour in itself but didn't seem a Wolves colour to me.....would have been perfect if we were Norwich or Watford
    FJRWolf

Fat bastard unfriendly. Unless they do fatty sizes later.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

actually, apart fro0m the sponsor logo, it's really growing on me, including the neck. can't wait to see the away shirt if it like the secret release we saw.
    "Never enter into a battle of wits, with an unarmed man"

Quirk wishes it could grow on him too...

Twitter

Record sales yesterday of nearly 4K

Jinky is offline PTG Champion 2014/15, Runner Up 2015/16, 3rd Place 2016/17. And a total arse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    Record sales yesterday of nearly 4K
    That tells me that more Wolves fans have come crawling out of the woodwork & are happy to be seen swanning around in our shirt, rather than a reflection of the quality of the design, IMO/IMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
    That tells me that more Wolves fans have come crawling out of the woodwork & are happy to be seen swanning around in our shirt, rather than a reflection of the quality of the design, IMO/IMV.
    Bit disrespectful. Can we say the same about you when you attend once or twice a season?