Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: Lib Dems

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    67,570
    Remain was a big winner in the constituency. She is MASSIVELY remain. She is their sitting MP.

    She stands a good chance of retaining her seat.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

    1. The Great Wall of China

    2. Low Hill at Christmas

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    18,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer Grouse View Post
    Heidi Allen joins the LibDems.
    And now quits being an MP

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    67,570
    Citing some pretty unpleasant abuse.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

    1. The Great Wall of China

    2. Low Hill at Christmas

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,865
    The joys of not following the party whip/election promises. She should have jumped ship before the last election if that wasn't her belief. No doubt the pension will ease the pain.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Stafford
    Posts
    15,593
    Yeah, I think all MPs who don't follow the whip should be threatened with rape and murder.
    )

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,865
    Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Yeah, I think all MPs who don't follow the whip should be threatened with rape and murder.
    Nor me. Deselection definately.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    25,570
    How can you be deselected if you leave the party or go to one more in line with your values?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    How can you be deselected if you leave the party or go to one more in line with your values?
    You hold your hands up and say sorry I am misrepresenting the policies of the party you elected me to represent and ask for a bi-election to reconfirm. In base terms you resign ...

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    17,042
    It's not a very anarchistic line/perspective, to state that members must not deviate from the party line in any way, is it?
    On matchdays, I reckon it'll be a long time before my name is darlowolf...

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,865
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonjelly View Post
    It's not a very anarchistic line/perspective, to state that members must not deviate from the party line in any way, is it?
    It's sort of helpful to represent election manifestos. That way they remain accountable. It eliminates deceit ...

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    18,002
    We elect Members of Parliament not Parties though. It's a popular misconception that it's the other way round.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    We elect Members of Parliament not Parties though. It's a popular misconception that it's the other way round.
    Fine. If those intentions are extoled explicitly during electioneering.

    https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/1...cal-fraudster/

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    25,570
    They are. As TT says it is a common misconception some people make.

    Citing Spiked isn't helping your case as they are as credible as a watch bought from a guy on a beach in Turkey.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    They are. As TT says it is a common misconception some people make.

    Citing Spiked isn't helping your case as they are as credible as a watch bought from a guy on a beach in Turkey.
    I was more interested in the video feed. The bit where she said one thing prior to the election and then did the complete opposite after.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mondas and Telos
    Posts
    14,287
    Swinson was mince this morning.
    Carole Baskin is to blame.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •