Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Wolves Neto and Jordao

Quote Originally Posted by big mean bunny View Post
    I am 90% there for calling Traore a shit transfer. Anyway Nuno likes a squad of 18, he has said this. We were at 17 and he was talking about an addition. Then we sign two who we are told are not necessary for the first team or the u23s. This doesn't seem like a Nuno plan.
    ah! when i hear the word transfer, i just never ever think of Traore, but we are still getting loads of syrian boat people here every day, so maybe i am confused, i though he was a charity signing, could never HAVE BEEN FOR REAL! seriously no offence to the guy, but ffs sake that's a bollock seriously dropped.
    "Never enter into a battle of wits, with an unarmed man"

Bit early in the day to be drunk posting.

Not for Pav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    I think this is one of those Inbetween transfers where they're not for U23's but not quite first team.

I still think we'll get 2 more but not until Wednesday next week.

Will be interesting to see where these two go and what happens with them then. It's not like the prem is less competitive than Siere A, I am still mostly uncomfortable with this signing/news and will be till we see any sort of involvement from them.

Quote Originally Posted by big mean bunny View Post
    Will be interesting to see where these two go and what happens with them then. It's not like the prem is less competitive than Siere A, I am still mostly uncomfortable with this signing/news and will be till we see any sort of involvement from them.
    Both have played top flight football in Portugal and Italy so no mugs. Im looking forward to them both being the next Vinagre.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

Further update from the Lazio site on their fees:

https://thelaziali.com/2019/08/03/la...eal-to-wolves/

"The joint sale of Neto and Jordao will bring €27.5 million to the Lazio coffers: €18.3 for Neto; €9.2 for Jordao. The money will not be collected all together, there will be 4 instalments to be paid within two to three years."

Neto as much as Cutrone then....

Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

If Bears numbers are correct then Jorge makes his first enormous drink out of us. It's took him 3 years and has being playing the long game. Let's not pretend it's anything other than unpleasant though. The fact they constantly come as a pair adds to the dodginess

IF it gets us Kessie and Dias I will still give zero fucks
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

I'm not particularly complaining in the wider context but this deal in isolation is unpleasant

We'll see. Neto is no mug
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Del Woppio is offline PTG Champion 2016/17, 3rd Place 2012/13, TWF FIFA 12 Champions' League Winner
    Walter White shouldn't have bothered with the laundrette.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, it's what we signed up for and it's serving us brilliantly. But if any of the people that are tricking themselves into thinking there's footballing merit in this could drop me a message please, I've got a cracking investment opportunity for you to get involved in
    The Formula is dead. Long live The Criteria!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    I'm not particularly complaining in the wider context but this deal in isolation is unpleasant
    The fee is large and clearly dodgy but the players have decent pedigree. It isn't like we're getting Ali Dia x2.

Monstrum is offline Seeks friendly banter and someone who can move Country without thinking about it
    But if any of the people that are tricking themselves into thinking there's footballing merit in this could drop me a message please, I've got a cracking investment opportunity for you to get involved in
    this 100%

I love how the rest of you went "stop talking shit", "no way theyre 20m" to

ADMIN EDIT: Last warning Beano

Quote Originally Posted by Del Woppio View Post
    Walter White shouldn't have bothered with the laundrette.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, it's what we signed up for and it's serving us brilliantly. But if any of the people that are tricking themselves into thinking there's footballing merit in this could drop me a message please, I've got a cracking investment opportunity for you to get involved in
    Are you saying the players are shite?

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Final warning on the obvious accusations (looking at you Bulgarian Beano). Next use of the term gets a ban.

Carry on talking about dodgy deals

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Are you saying the players are shite?
    We'll find out pretty soon went we.

If we are sat here next summer asking what happened to Neto and his bestest mate, then yes.

Well its 20 million that we can afford for two players who have, at worst, real potential. We spent 18 m on Traore who still has to prove he can cross a road. Its a long season. These two may be some tidy understudies so they don't get slagged off by me yet.
    if your path means you walk through hell then walk as if you own the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    We'll find out pretty soon went we.

If we are sat here next summer asking what happened to Neto and his bestest mate, then yes.
    Exactly my point. None of us know if the players aren't good enough. Nuno may turn them into superstars for all we know.

Del Woppio is offline PTG Champion 2016/17, 3rd Place 2012/13, TWF FIFA 12 Champions' League Winner
    Neto has 97 minutes of league football in three years as a professional, and is now on his second permanent transfer of over £15m. Jordao has even less football, but tbf only has career transfer fees of c£20m, which is peanuts for a player of his pedigree.

Thankfully the lads come as a pair which will I'm sure help them settle in, and I wish them the best of luck as they enjoy the next two years of their development before moving off again for another £20m or so of completely deserved and justifiable transfer fees
    The Formula is dead. Long live The Criteria!

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    I’d prefer to watch them with my own eyes before I totally write them off tbf.

Costa and Cav both moved together twice didn’t they?

Those 19 and 20 year olds not playing regularly should be discarded without a second thought. Charlatans the lot of 'em.

Imagine a top team in the Bundesliga paying for a player who has played so little and then demanded a transfer. He must be shit, will never make it. Whathisname? Jadon something or other.

Those 19 and 20 year olds not playing regularly should be discarded without a second thought. Charlatans the lot of 'em.

Imagine a top team in the Bundesliga paying for a player who has played so little and then demanded a transfer. He must be shit, will never make it. Whathisname? Jadon something or other.
    Stop talking shite Johnny, if they were halfway decent they'd have walked into the first XI of a small club like SS Lazio at the age of 18. Milinkovic-Savic, who the fuck is he?

Might as well just strip them down for meat at this point...
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hélder Costa

Nobody knows whether they are good, bad or indifferent but as you say the fees aren't consistent with the background. Sancho went for about £6m off the back of an U17 World Cup win. Neto who's older and has similar first team experience has cost us about £17m, more than Neves at a similar age

I don't think anybody thinks the fees make commercial sense.

My gripe was that Del said there was no footballing merit in it and that's bollocks until you've seen them as Lycan so eloquently put.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungWolf View Post
    I’d prefer to watch them with my own eyes before I totally write them off tbf.

Costa and Cav both moved together twice didn’t they?
    Maxwell and Ibrahimovic used to move together constantly. Obviously a scam of some kind.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Nobody knows whether they are good, bad or indifferent but as you say the fees aren't consistent with the background. Sancho went for about £6m off the back of an U17 World Cup win. Neto who's older and has similar first team experience has cost us about £17m more than Neves at a similar age
    Sancho was at Dortmund before the U17' World Cup. They called him back mid tournament to play for them.

Sits a little uneasy with me too. Loans yes, let's have them in and see what they've got like plenty of deals we've had in the last few years.

Well put it another way, we just paid a Ruben Neves amount of money for a development player. Look at the difference in profile of the players at their respective points of their careers to players of similar ages transferring. I will gladly eat a big crow pie on this, but currently the more we find out about it the more and more uncomfortable it currently makes me. Hopefully as Johnny says they are the next wave of Vinagre in being promising bit part players, however there is more to indicate they were a Mendes tax than anything. If this was another club I'd be looking suspiciously at it. I find it hard to believe this is what Nuno wanted, it's not even the sort of deal where it looks like we want to make money from developing and selling on, as the initial outlay looks insane.

I don’t understand where it makes financial sense for any party? Is the theory that Mendes can allegedly make his 10% without us directly putting the money in his pocket?
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

What's the supposed tl;dr on this? Move a big amount to Lazio and get a 'favour' back elsewhere? Why Lazio? Didn't realise the figure was so big and now I'm confused
    Time that you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Firstly none of us know the potential of these two signings.
    Secondly, who cares? Fosun have plenty of money, it's their problem if the people they have put in charge waste it, they can always sack them and get someone else in.
    'I never predict anything and I never will'......Paul Gascoigne.