Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 to go down

I read somewhere that Norwich scored 20 more goals than their XG last season.. must be worrying as that's obviously not sustainable

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft
    Looking at these predictions, there's going to be almost half a division of utter shite clogging up the league, desperate for a 0-0 to stay out of trouble. I don't understand how that can be; with all the money that's washing around the PL we should have decent sides from top to bottom but if anything the standard in the bottom half seems to be getting worse. I'd like to see Brighton and Bournemouth replaced by - well, anyone, really - and I hope Sheffield stay up but as has been said, there doesn't seem to be much to choose between the worst 8 or 9. Might at least make for a more interesting relegation battle than recently. Interesting that no one's gone for Southampton. They seem pretty good at turning a drama into a crisis.
    These are the days, my friend

Newcastle
    Sheff Utd
    Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark View Post
    Looking at these predictions, there's going to be almost half a division of utter shite clogging up the league, desperate for a 0-0 to stay out of trouble. I don't understand how that can be; with all the money that's washing around the PL we should have decent sides from top to bottom but if anything the standard in the bottom half seems to be getting worse. I'd like to see Brighton and Bournemouth replaced by - well, anyone, really - and I hope Sheffield stay up but as has been said, there doesn't seem to be much to choose between the worst 8 or 9. Might at least make for a more interesting relegation battle than recently. Interesting that no one's gone for Southampton. They seem pretty good at turning a drama into a crisis.
    Their form was pretty good under Hasenhüttl and he started to get a tune out of Redmond and Ward-Prowse. Can't see them being in trouble.

Palace are outsiders, Ayew (who was there anyway and is rubbish) and Cahill (awful for years) are their only two signings so far. Benteke has something like two goals in 18 months, Wickham hasn't scored a league goal since 2016. That's their two main strikers.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Newcastle
    Sheff Utd
    Norwich
    FJRWolf

Palace still have Zaha as it stands. If that remains true past Thursday 5pm then I'd back them to stay up every time.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Sheffield United
    Norwich
    Brighton

Brighton
    Newcastle
    Norwich

Living in Sheffield I just have a feeling they may be a Blackpool style, that despite the players they have will prove problematic and at least be in with a chance of staying up on the final day.

I actually think that given the signings Villa are the strongest of the 3 promoted sides, the comparisons to Fulham are a bit lazy. Yes there can be issues integrating that many new players, however they have added players to their style/set up. Rather than Fulham did where they completely lost their identity with the signings.

Wilder will have them playing as a team, more than the sum or their parts, a la McCarthy in his first season. It wouldn't surprise me to see them survive with a bit of luck.

Newcastle
    Brighton
    Norwich

I have to agree with Bear re Sheffield United. I think they will scrape enough points together to survive, but only just.

Brighton, having narrowly avoided the drop a couple of times, will finally succumb this season. Norwich will just concede too many goals to survive. The third team is more difficult to assess. I think Villa will have enough to survive; if Palace keep Zaha, then they will be okay; unlike some others I don't think Bournemouth will be in any danger of relegation, so that really only leaves one other team: Newcastle. If they had kept Rafa then I think they would have been okay, but Bruce? No thanks.
    Peter Knowles : God's Footballer

I think Brighton will survive. They have a new manager and couple of players. They're certainly not almost nailed on for it like they were if Houghton had stayed IMO.

GLASGOWOLF is offline Not English you say? Got my eyes on you then
    Newcastle
    Villa
    Norwich

Newcastle
    Sheff
    Brighton

Villa and norwich will just scrape by I think. Dont see palace and Bournemouth getting in trouble barring major transfers

Langers is online now Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Ideally?

Villa (I'm utterly sick of the bullshit between our fans TBQH)
    Newcastle
    Bournemouth

But I think it'll be

Brighton
    Norwich
    Palace

Newcastle to scrape with relegation all season but just stay up. I think Villa will be unspectacular but safe enough from any real danger.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Villa will be just about okay I think. They've got obvious weaknesses but I do rate a few of their signings plus Smith is a very good manager.
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hélder Costa

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    Villa will be just about okay I think. They've got obvious weaknesses but I do rate a few of their signings plus Smith is a very good manager.
    Heaton is great a signing for them. You could see the difference he made to Burnley when he came back from injury last season.

Sheff Utd looked nailed on, they are genuinely putting together a Championship side in the Prem. Norwich and Brighton to go with them for me

James is offline The Poster Equivalent of Bolton Wanderers
    Ideally -
    Villa (oh please do a Fulham)
    Bournemouth (just do one)
    Brighton (I wonder how many draws they’ll play for this season)

But I think it will be -
    Brighton
    Sheffield United
    Norwich

Villa.
    Brighton.
    Norwich.
    In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.

Norwich
    Sheff U
    Brighton

Sheff utd - championship squad
    Brighton - have been scraping by and now planning on playing more exciting football. Tough transition to make.
    Palace - absolutely nothing there except Zaha.

Norwich on paper look a bit lightweight and they will undoubtedly let in goals but they could get enough off the teams around them to stay up. The Bruceosaurus tends to keep his teams out of trouble. Villa could go either way but there are probably worseout there. Southampton mighy be in danger but will just avout make it. Bournemouth and Burnley do their respective thing too well to go down.

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    If Southampton carry on the way they were when Ralphy took over they will be fine. Comfy mid table job for them

Dream relegation would be:

Newcastle down on GD.
    Villa rock bottom with about 15 points.
    Man Utd purely for the lolz. Failing that Brighton as they've stunk up the place for far too long now.

Newcastle
    Sheffield United
    Brighton

Villa will stay up but only just.

Burnley
    Norwich
    Sheff Utd

A summary so far to save you all trying to count

Sheffield united 17
    Brighton 15
    Burnley 3
    Norwich 19
    Bournemouth 2
    Villa 6
    Newcastle 18
    Palace 2
    Man U 1
    Remember, remember we are shit in November .

James is offline The Poster Equivalent of Bolton Wanderers
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    A summary so far to save you all trying to count

Sheffield united 17
    Brighton 15
    Burnley 3
    Norwich 19
    Bournemouth 2
    Villa 6
    Newcastle 18
    Palace 2
    Man U 1
    Cybertosis strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Cybertosis strikes again
    I will resist all attempts by him to hijack this thread, and make it all about himself, until my dying breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbawolf View Post
    I will resist all attempts by him to hijack this thread, and make it all about himself, until my dying breath.
    What the fuck?

You are far too paranoid. I really only wanted to count up and thought that it may be helpful. I don't see how its cybertosis. There are four clear teams we think will go down. Its cybertosis if those 4 teams beat us and finish in the bottom four. So , both of you

Please exhale Jabba. You look like Alan Brazil.
    Remember, remember we are shit in November .