• 8-10

53 64.63%
  • Bottom Half, but staying up

5 6.10%
  • Going Down

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The customary 'where will we finish' thread

I went with top ten. I'm not confident enough as a wolves fan to say higher with any sort of conviction, and still feel that is a little too high. Too many years of disappointment and underachievement has scarred my out look it would seem.

I still dont believe that I am watching my team at times

Quote Originally Posted by slink View Post
    Fair enough but it's just nonsense imo because it always seems to be against us. What about decisions that went against us last year, apart from the Boly handball i can't think of many that went for us but i can think of at least 5 or 6 penalty decisions that were blatantly wrong last year. Should have had penalties at Fulham and Brighton, Bournemouth got an absolute shocker of a pen and how we didn't get one for handball i have no idea, we won but Jota at Watford. look at other things like the possible foul on Rui in the Cardiff game, Doc's offside goal jsut before half time at home against Spurs.
    I'm counting on us getting all those decisions this year so top 4 is on surely.
    Two shockers in the Bournemouth game. Neither were penalties.

I don't think it's a red card for Boly at City but I'm not sure VAR would overturn it.

I don't think it's a foul by Boly on Dubravka at home vs Newcastle but I think VAR may have overturned it.

I think maybe VAR would have given a red and a pen against Boly on Perez away at Newcastle, but I think the angles were deceptive on that one. I think it's not but it looks like one if that makes sense.

Obviously Boly's goal vs City would not have been given (offside rather than handball).

Basically, keep Boly away from VAR.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Man City fans still say that. I guess it takes years for the mental scars to heal!
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Man City fans still say that. I guess it takes years for the mental scars to heal!
    They know they're the best now, maybe, after our 3rd title I might find those wounds start to heal too

I've gone top ten. I think we will do better against the lower teams than we did last year, but progress there will be negated by teams of a similar level and above, identifying and nullifying our tactics.
    We need to find alternative ways of playing against various systems and tactics used by other clubs. It will be a very intereresting season I think. Top six would be a fantastic achievement, but I think it's unlikely.
    'I never predict anything and I never will'......Paul Gascoigne.

Ive gone top 6, chelsea are bang average without hazard attack wise, defensively they have regressed. Man utd have a pretty much brand new defense with 4 players who havent played with each other (shaw back from injury, macguire and awb new signings), players wanting to leave, solskjaer being super inexperienced, etc.
    I can see us coming in a sneaky 6th. Especially with a quality midfield signing like kessie

Top 6 here too.
    Don't get the feeling we over achieve. We're a fucking really good team. We've also shown consistency too.
    We simply have to be looking at the likes of Man U, Arsenal, and Chelsea and believe we can catch them.
    Only Man City & Liverpool are a proper class above everyone else. Spurs are inbetween those 2 and everyone else.
    Also unsure Watford will have such a good season again.
    Leicester could do really well, but they're in Vardy's likely last season.
    Everton really could go either way.
    Where was the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!

Have gone 8th - 10th though that only happens if we can go deep into the Europa League (at least the knockout stages)

Go out earlier then we are capable of more
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

I'm thinking we will improve our results from the lower teams and probably not do as well against the big 6. That should mean we finish with a few more points than last year but still in 7th. Still, I am worried how tired the players will be come the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I'm thinking we will improve our results from the lower teams and probably not do as well against the big 6. That should mean we finish with a few more points than last year but still in 7th. Still, I am worried how tired the players will be come the end of the season.
    Not do well against the big teams based on what though? Its not like we did super well early based on some suprise tactic, or got incredibly lucky- we were consistently good against the top sides, if anything we lost points where we deserved to win, chelsea and arsenal off the top off the head

I've go bottom half/staying up,I think we overachieved last year, and surprised big teams,arguable(by better qualified people than me) whether we've strengthened the squad,Europa league football to play as well,and the mini league at the bottom of the table will bus park and we may struggle.
    If all that happens,social media will soon be alight with doom,gloom,Nuno and fosun out nonsense(end of August is my guesstimate)
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrum View Post
    Not do well against the big teams based on what though? Its not like we did super well early based on some suprise tactic, or got incredibly lucky- we were consistently good against the top sides, if anything we lost points where we deserved to win, chelsea and arsenal off the top off the head
    I'm thinking that although it certainly was not luck in most of the games against the top 6 they will be a bit better organised against us. Man U aside (who I think will have a poor season) it will be tougher against Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs.

Chelsea are worse, spurs the same as last year, I dont really expect to get anything from pool and city, arsenal are better admitedly. We only have to sneak in in front of man u or chelsea and not let Leicester and everton overtake us. It wont be easy but its doable

Sixth. Time to capitalise on either Man Utd being gash or Chelsea having a complete enforced facelift. And we can do it because we’re fucking brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

^^
    yesss

Lets hope so. Man U will deff be a load of crap, Chelsea I think will be fine.

I think chelsea will implode this season- no creativity in midfield except for pulisic who is too inexperienced, defense looks shaky, most likely tammy starting forward.. doesnt look good. Im more worried about everton if they end up getting zaha and doucoure

Everyone seems to think Abraham will start. Personally I think he'll be third choice behind Batshuayi and Giroud.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

If the Europa League commitment doesn't deplete us too much, then I think Wolves can break into the top six. I think we could finish above Arsenal and/or Chelsea this coming season. However, if we get injuries etc., and our squad is overtaxed, then my head says we'll finish ninth. Still an exciting season though.

I'm beginning to think my same again seventh vote was a bit conservative.
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

I’ve gone for 7th again. I’m probably a bit cooler on the transfer window than most people – I really did want to see another midfield player come in – and I wonder if we might just look back on this season as missed opportunity. Man United and Chelsea look really vulnerable to me this year, and if you look at the xG table from last year, we don’t have to do much more to finish 6th.
    Very worried about the big clubs coming for Jimenez, Jota, Neves, Boly and even Nuno. Hopefully another season of Europe next year is enough to persuade them to stay. So 7th for me, although I have backed us for the top 6 at 4/1.
    Wolves 2017/18 P46 W27 D11 L8 F85 A40 Pts 92: 2 pts a game is all we need...

It wasn't a fluke last season.
    Even 4th is possible but I think we will go one better and be 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    It wasn't a fluke last season.
    Even 4th is possible but I think we will go one better and be 6th.
    Spot on mate!!
    We will get 50pts (I worked it out on my computer) W13 D11 L14

Doubt Boly and Raúl will go anywhere. Teams aren’t tending to spend big money on 29 year olds unless they are elite. Neves and Jota will certainly be on peoples list. But they won’t be cheap
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

6th. Man Utd and Chelsea are in a mess and we're stronger than we were last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Two shockers in the Bournemouth game. Neither were penalties.

I don't think it's a red card for Boly at City but I'm not sure VAR would overturn it.

I don't think it's a foul by Boly on Dubravka at home vs Newcastle but I think VAR may have overturned it.

I think maybe VAR would have given a red and a pen against Boly on Perez away at Newcastle, but I think the angles were deceptive on that one. I think it's not but it looks like one if that makes sense.

Obviously Boly's goal vs City would not have been given (offside rather than handball).

Basically, keep Boly away from VAR.
    Dont forget the spurs game where he literally picked up kane by his waist in the box and tossed him aside like a ragdoll