Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 263

Thread: Leicester 0-0 Wolves We've been roobbed Verdict thread:

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Just south of the wall
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bion View Post
    Yup

    Frustrating game to watch. We created very little, but we had some very good chances and fluffed them completely. Jota alternated between scintillating and awful and was far too selfish. Much improved 2nd half but we were hanging on a bit at the end. Non-penalty between Vardy and Bennett looked a bit dodgy as well, think we might've been slightly lucky there.

    Point and a clean sheet is a good result, ultimately.
    Not sure I agree that Jota was selfish. I thought at times he was delaying in order to pass rather than have a go at goal himself.
    The poster formerly known as...

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Dorset
    Posts
    19,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrum View Post
    Can I just add cutrone looks like hes sleepwalking, got a first touch like the fucking titanic. Really need to adapt to our style of play and the premier league, this is why I think italian/seria a players have such a hard time here, its just so much faster paced and they dont have any time on the ball
    Cutrone's only played a few minutes with us so far - took Dendocker almost half a season to get up to speed - will reserve judgment on him till a bit later
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Just south of the wall
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungWolf View Post
    We won’t get him again this season
    How do you know this?
    The poster formerly known as...

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    15,048
    We didn't get Marriner for years after complaining about him the last time we were in the PL. Last season he reffed our games well, now appears to have reverted back to type.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    927
    So we get a different wank stain, lose another 2,3 points... how many fucking times? There has to be something going on like in seria a, utter incompetence like him should not be possible

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    15,048
    ...

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newcastle under Lyme
    Posts
    23,708
    It's the application of the rule not VAR that's wank.

    The idiots manning the booth have decided the handball created a goalscoring opportunity. It didn't create shit, the ball would've ended up where it did regardless of brushing Boly's arm, that's just physics.

    Mariner's performance was one of the worst I've seen at this level.

    Jota and Raul didn't have the support from the midfield today as I thought Donck was poor on and off the ball, he can look real dozy at times. Doc also didn't get up to support as he normally does and looked knackered at about 60 minutes.

    Moutinho and Neves really stepped it up 2nd half and up till the debacle of the goal and Jota and Raul's misses they were dominant. A point is a good result but we were robbed of all 3 and I hope we never get Mariner again.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

  8. #38
    Del Woppio's Avatar
    Del Woppio is offline PTG Champion 2016/17, 3rd Place 2012/13, TWF FIFA 12 Champions' League Winner
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    19,158
    I thought they looked more threatening, but a bit of a tallest dwarf contest tbf. Ref was shocker. Rule is shit, but if that's the rule, that's the rule. I expect it be delivered consistently, and if it, no moans. We weren't great going forward tbh, very direct with little invention or interplay. Cutrone's first touch looks really worrying given how we play
    The Formula is dead. Long live The Criteria!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    85,237
    I'll accept that VAR call so long as they apply it all season.

    More bothered about Marriner still being inept and a prick, he was crap 10 years ago.

    Boly simply immense.

    Jota good but such a frustrating day for him.

    Joao was Joao and the calmness Rui brings cannot be overstated.

    Defo would have taken a point at both KO and HT so fine.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    61,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    We didn't get Marriner for years after complaining about him the last time we were in the PL. Last season he reffed our games well, now appears to have reverted back to type.
    Aye - I thought he reffed us very well last season. God knows what has gone on today though.

    It's a point at a tough place to go so I will take that. Need to make sure we beat Manchester United next Monday though.
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Shifnal
    Posts
    8,516
    Good result in reality, it’s the rule that’s an ass but not VAR. It’s demoralising when it’s chalked off tho.
    Boly and Bennett superb at the back again.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    2,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrum View Post
    Can I just add cutrone looks like hes sleepwalking, got a first touch like the fucking titanic. Really need to adapt to our style of play and the premier league, this is why I think italian/seria a players have such a hard time here, its just so much faster paced and they dont have any time on the ball
    He had 14 minutes.

    14 minutes.

    Plenty of better players struggle to impact a game or don't look sharp.

  13. #43
    YoungWolf's Avatar
    YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    23,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    It's the application of the rule not VAR that's wank.

    The idiots manning the booth have decided the handball created a goalscoring opportunity. It didn't create shit, the ball would've ended up where it did regardless of brushing Boly's arm, that's just physics.

    Mariner's performance was one of the worst I've seen at this level.

    Jota and Raul didn't have the support from the midfield today as I thought Donck was poor on and off the ball, he can look real dozy at times. Doc also didn't get up to support as he normally does and looked knackered at about 60 minutes.

    Moutinho and Neves really stepped it up 2nd half and up till the debacle of the goal and Jota and Raul's misses they were dominant. A point is a good result but we were robbed of all 3 and I hope we never get Mariner again.
    Agree with all of this

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    927
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    ...
    Fixed, delete ur quote

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    I'll accept that VAR call so long as they apply it all season.

    More bothered about Marriner still being inept and a prick, he was crap 10 years ago.

    Boly simply immense.

    Jota good but such a frustrating day for him.

    Joao was Joao and the calmness Rui brings cannot be overstated.

    Defo would have taken a point at both KO and HT so fine.
    Exactly this. As long as the rule is applied consistently through the season to all teams then so be it. We'd all have taken a point and a clean sheet before the game. And, Moonstrum, as so often in life it is cock-up not conspiracy
    Wolves 2017/18 P46 W27 D11 L8 F85 A40 Pts 92: 2 pts a game is all we need...

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    61,965
    I said it earlier. IF they apply it consistently in that fashion all season then fair dos. If they don't then I reserve the right to be somewhat less than delighted. As it is now, you have to accept it and keep a watching brief for future incidents of that type.
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

  17. #47
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    From Dudley to Malta
    Posts
    3,094
    is VAR used to view every goal scored ? as i saw it, players jumped, a header possibly hit an arm but nobody knew where the ball was, so not intentional. Had the ball touched a defenders arm, and had we not scored, would it have been reviewed and a penalty given ?
    Just asking.
    Veni, Vidi, Comedit

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    927
    Where do we draw the line though... never celebrate a goal again, until we wait until they watch var and make sure there is no foul in the build up play? It looked clean, nobody was really complaining, it had no effect on the goal, come on

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincs_Wolf View Post
    He had 14 minutes.

    14 minutes.

    Plenty of better players struggle to impact a game or don't look sharp.
    Indeed. Hope he starts Thursday, zero need for Raul to play

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    85,237
    Yes every goal is checked.

    If we'd scored again 5 minutes later no one would have refused to celebrate FFS, get real.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  21. #51
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    From Dudley to Malta
    Posts
    3,094
    noticed pre match, Marriner having a good chat with Schmeichel, and when Albrighton came on he gave him a pat on the shoulder. but we know he's a cunt
    Veni, Vidi, Comedit

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    15,048
    Quote Originally Posted by malta mick View Post
    is VAR used to view every goal scored ? as i saw it, players jumped, a header possibly hit an arm but nobody knew where the ball was, so not intentional. Had the ball touched a defenders arm, and had we not scored, would it have been reviewed and a penalty given ?
    Just asking.
    Yes
    Intention isn't relevant to goals scored now,

    Yes but probably wouldn't have been given for the intent reason which is still relevant to defenders

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Just south of the wall
    Posts
    657
    Did a single Leicester player think it wasn't a goal? Thought not. Shit rule devised by idiots.
    The poster formerly known as...

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
    Not sure I agree that Jota was selfish. I thought at times he was delaying in order to pass rather than have a go at goal himself.
    The two that spring to mind were in the first half when Jonny was in miles of space on the left and he scuffed his shot wide, then just before he was taken off in the 2nd he was down after being clattered, ball broke back to him and he got back up, had Raul on his left but charged towards about 3 Leicester defenders and had a shot blocked. Rush of blood on the latter, I think.

    Strikers are ultimately meant to be selfish but he picked the wrong option a few times today, IMO.

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,537
    Boly immense, comfortable MotM.

    Marriner poor.

    Incredibly unlucky on the goal, but a point and clean sheet, no worries.

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    21,811
    ....

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burton-On-Trent
    Posts
    43,045
    Quote Originally Posted by malta mick View Post
    is VAR used to view every goal scored ? as i saw it, players jumped, a header possibly hit an arm but nobody knew where the ball was, so not intentional. Had the ball touched a defenders arm, and had we not scored, would it have been reviewed and a penalty given ?
    Just asking.
    No, accidental handball by a defender is not given. When it's an attacker and it results in a goal it is. It's too far. It needs just limiting to ball going in off the arm.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

  28. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrum View Post
    Where do we draw the line though... never celebrate a goal again, until we wait until they watch var and make sure there is no foul in the build up play? It looked clean, nobody was really complaining, it had no effect on the goal, come on
    I don't like VAR for this very reason, but I think we have to understand that Wolves play in one of the cleanest leagues in the world, and while there are always refereeing performances that merit criticism, at the end of the day we're likely to blame human error rather than anything darker. VAR should reduce the possibility of corrupt refereeing, which is a bigger threat to the game in other parts of the world.

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    85,237
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    No accidental contact by a defender is not given. When it's an attacker and it results in a goal it is. It's too far. It needs just limiting to ball going in off the arm.
    Well you can't change it now that a team has potentially lost two points (of course it's facile to say we'd definitely have won 1-0, who knows). They're the rules and we'll see how it goes.

    If we're looking at decisions today that may well have cost us then I'm pretty sure Jota was brought down when clean through by Evans. And that's just Orange Gob being a rubbish ref.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    927
    Its not really var, its a stupid and wrong decision by the referee. Var shows what a normal human cannot confirm- it should be used as you said to avoid bullshit/wrong refree calls, not to enforce some by the letter wank that is not in the spirit of the game.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 125
    Last Post: 25th January 2019, 02:01 PM
  2. Leicester 2 v Wolves 0: The Verdict Thread
    By Boozad in forum Wolves
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 21st August 2018, 07:38 PM
  3. Leicester 2 v 1 Wolves: The Verdict Thread
    By Boozad in forum The Matchday Archive
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: 3rd February 2013, 07:18 PM
  4. Leicester vs Wolves - The Matchday Thread!
    By wanderer89 in forum Wolves
    Replies: 414
    Last Post: 31st January 2013, 08:38 PM
  5. Wolves 2 - 1 Leicester: The Verdict Thread
    By Stan Hullis in forum The Matchday Archive
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: 19th September 2012, 09:42 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •