Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leicester 0-0 Wolves We've been roobbed Verdict thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Well you can't change it now that a team has potentially lost two points (of course it's facile to say we'd definitely have won 1-0, who knows). They're the rules and we'll see how it goes.

If we're looking at decisions today that may well have cost us then I'm pretty sure Jota was brought down when clean through by Evans. And that's just Orange Gob being a rubbish ref.
    100% brought down by evans, foul and red card. Bananas decision, if he thought it wa sa fucking dive, shouldnt he give jota a yellow??

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    I couldn’t believe that at the time either. Was a really good bit of play between him and Raul too

Can somebody post the deflections law please?
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

Well as long as its interpreted that way every time I will get used to it.

A draw was a fair result, however if Raul and Jota had bought their shooting boots we would not be talking about the one that got away

Again its poor bold Wily and VAR!
    Remember, remember we are shit in November .

Have no problem if it's used consistently throughout the season - it won't & will get refined as we move forward
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

Playing Leicester and Andre Marriner and coming away with a point is a decent result

Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    In that case VAR has fucked up. However it is in conflict to the creates an opportunity interpretation so that's one for further guidance.
    Remember, remember we are shit in November .

Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    That's not the correct rule for goals.

This is:

What a fucking load of nonsense, different rules for attacking and defending, VAR. It's a not very good system implemented by idiots.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    On a positive - Travelling 6000+ miles wasn't a problem for us so well done the team behind the scenes who managed that trip and the players.

The handball rule is bullshit. I fully get them wanting to stop goals scored via the hand, accident or not that is fair enough but accidental hand ball in the build up is utter shit. If you are decided that ball to hand is an offence when it leads to a goal then any handball anywhere on the pitch, accident or not, is an offense.
    Disagree with the first paragraph.

Thought we looked absolutely knackered. Doc was like a FIFA player on 5% fitness.
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hélder Costa

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    Can somebody post the deflections law please?
    Fuck off, use google...

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    So not really VAR that is the issue here. Infact VAR did what is meant to do....the rule is the issue. The rule makes zero sense as in that scenario if you replace Boly with a Leicester defender and the ball doesn't go in we wouldn't get a penalty. Whoever thought up that rule needs a fucking slap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    So not really VAR that is the issue here. Infact VAR did what is meant to do....the rule is the issue. The rule makes zero sense as in that scenario if you replace Boly with a Leicester defender and the ball doesn't go in we wouldn't get a penalty. Whoever thought up that rule needs a fucking slap.
    Biggest irony is it's Boly versus City which went a long way to getting it changed

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    Disagree with the first paragraph.

Thought we looked absolutely knackered. Doc was like a FIFA player on 5% fitness.
    Didn’t think we look knackered at all as a team. I don’t think Doherty was fit though.

So do we have two contradicting rules?

If we stuck with the phrase “clear and obvious “, which I understood was supposed to be the objective of VAR then I’m sure we would avoid these debates that are going to happen week in week out.

We have made a very simple game very complicated to suit the purists. Football is a game of mistakes which is why we love it, but fear that this is the price of progress, and like anything that’s new people don’t like change and especially when it doesn’t make sense or adds any value.

Good point all told.

I thought Saiss was really good when he came on. Was hoping Neto would come on for Dendoncker as he looked knackered to me and I’m actually excited to see Neto.

I think a goal for Cutrone on Thursday would be good for him. Looks like he’s a little nervous still when he gets on the ball.

Thought Cutrone's ball control was very poor - just because he's only just joined and played very little shouldn't have an influence on basic ability to trap a ball.
    Veni, Vidi, Comedit

Bull had a shit first touch. His second was a goal though
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wolf View Post
    So do we have two contradicting rules?

If we stuck with the phrase “clear and obvious “, which I understood was supposed to be the objective of VAR then I’m sure we would avoid these debates that are going to happen week in week out.

We have made a very simple game very complicated to suit the purists. Football is a game of mistakes which is why we love it, but fear that this is the price of progress, and like anything that’s new people don’t like change and especially when it doesn’t make sense or adds any value.
    I have no complaints with VAR at all today. They have interpreted the rule and given their decision. If that interpretation stays consistent then that is absolutely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by malta mick View Post
    Thought Cutrone's ball control was very poor - just because he's only just joined and played very little shouldn't have an influence on basic ability to trap a ball.

He had some good touches and some poor ones. Can't judge him off these 2 sub appearances where he has played 15 mins in each. Hopefully gets a start on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Bull had a shit first touch. His second was a goal though
    I always thought Bulls first touch was pretty good, his second touch was usually a shot on goal and as he had loads of them his first touch must have been good?
    FJRWolf

Quote Originally Posted by YoungWolf View Post
    Didn’t think we look knackered at all as a team. I don’t think Doherty was fit though.
    Possibly should have had Vinagre on the left & Jonny right and held Doherty back for the thursday game which 'should' be an easier game to get back up to full fitness
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

I'm teasing. It was said by someone years ago. I think maybe Turner (without the word shit in it).

Quote Originally Posted by Parkins left foot View Post
    Possibly should have had Vinagre on the left & Jonny right and held Doherty back for the thursday game which 'should' be an easier game to get back up to full fitness
    It will have done Doc some good I think. Vinagre and Traore on Thursday now get the opportunity possibly

It was Ron Saunders that said Bull's first touch was poor. It was why he let him leave the Albion.

It will have done Doc some good I think. Vinagre and Traore on Thursday now get the opportunity possibly
    Doherty definitely needs to play on Thursday he needs the minutes. Looked well short of match sharpness

You would never start Adama at RWB away against a team like this, one of the issues with having him as a first team option there.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Gonby's Games Gone By View Post
    It was Ron Saunders that said Bull's first touch was poor. It was why he let him leave the Albion.
    But then I think Turner said his second touch was usually a goal. I think that is where the overall quote comes from.

Well, that was a tad disappointing!

So far I don't think VAR has added much to the game of football, it certainly deflated the atmosphere today. Though the decision was correct in accordance with the rules (which is a dreadful rule btw).

Felt we looked a little tired, several times we were just half a yard away from where we needed to be or we miscontrolled a simple ball. Doc should have been subbed at 70 mins as he was dead on his feet (and Raul wasn't far behind him).

Cutrone did OK imo, there was very little opportunity for him, as the game had swung in Leicester's favour. He was really just chasing shadows.

I think we probably shaded the game, had the better chances but a decent draw against a good team.
    "FFS Costa" with or without an apostrophe?