Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Torino 2 - 3 Wolves (A Thread Title I thought I'd Never Use): The Verdict

Torino 2 - 3 Wolves (A Thread Title I thought I'd Never Use): The Verdict

What a night. Not perfect but still fucking unbelievable.

Fire away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Great game, played fine (some better than others).

Traore looks like he's finally learned his role!

If I can get the sound of Michael Brown out of my head, I'll be happy.

You’d have taken it before the night. 3 away goals is massive. 1-3 and I’d see the tie as done, but we’ve still got to be big favourites.

They were much fresher and that showed at the end. They ain’t going to be fresher next week and they’ve got to travel and they won’t have home advantage, which certainly helped them a lot tonight.

They are right dirty bunch though. With us lot shouting at the ref I can’t see them ending the game with 11 (unless it’s Jon Moss).

Looking forward to Thursday already.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Great game. Loads of fun. It's fucking criminal that the vagaries of the draw mean that one of us or this damn decent Torino side are going to miss out.
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

What a great game of football, before hand thought it would be a tight, cagey game, I was hoping for 0-1 so got to be happy with 2-3, shame about the pen but its a good result against a top Italian side
    FJRWolf

Quote Originally Posted by Pablowolf View Post
    Great game, played fine (some better than others).

Traore looks like he's finally learned his role!

If I can get the sound of Michael Brown out of my head, I'll be happy.
    Many positives from Traore, but screwed up big time for their first.

Cracking goal by Raul though.

Torino 2 - 3 Wolves (A Thread Title I thought I'd Never Use): The Verdict

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Great game. Loads of fun. It's fucking criminal that the vagaries of the draw mean that one of us or this damn decent Torino side are going to miss out.
    Them and us would be comfortable amongst the pot 1 teams. 1 of us isn’t going to qualify and the other is likely to be pot 3 at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbawolf View Post

Cracking goal by Raul though.
    I take more issue with Vinagre not tracking the runner. I'd say he's more to blame than Traore there.

None the less, deserved win. Great result!

Monstrum is offline Seeks friendly banter and someone who can move Country without thinking about it
    Great result, really shitty pen at the end, would ended it as a contest without it, theyre not going to win 3-0 away.
    Traore played amazingly well until the fuck up for the first, but still great overall. Moutinho probably mom or maybe boly.
    Vinagre was really poor, easily our worst defensive player and offered nothing going forward

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbawolf View Post
    Agreed, I was very impressed with him. He had Ansaldi on toast and his set up for Jota's goal was brilliant. Criminal to fuck around with the ball in that area though for their first, he should have let Vallejo get rid.

Thought everybody else played really well, Saiss had a few dodgy moments and Vinagre's balls up was pretty naive but on the whole we looked the far better side. Massive props for Raul for being composed enough to carry on and score a beauty though, great goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrum View Post
    Great result, really shitty pen at the end, would ended it as a contest without it, theyre not going to win 3-0 away.
    They don't need to. 2-0 would do it.

Really enjoyable game!

Thought Traore was the better of the two WBs, in fact I thought Vinagre had a really poor game. I was surprised it was Adama to come off instead of Vinagre.

Boly was superb, probably my motm.

Roll on next (Sunday and then) Thursday!
    "FFS Costa" with or without an apostrophe?

Monstrum is offline Seeks friendly banter and someone who can move Country without thinking about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    They don't need to. 2-0 would do it.
    2-0 would do it now, would have needed 3-0 if we didnt concede that stupid penalty

Quote Originally Posted by devoelardy View Post
    I take more issue with Vinagre not tracking the runner. I'd say he's more to blame than Traore there.

None the less, deserved win. Great result!
    I share blame four ways there, it was a completely defendable goal - Traore gave it away, Vallejo defended poorly and let the cross in, Willy went to the striker and the ball went over him, and Vinagre wasn’t awake at the far post. Any one of them does better and it’s not a goal.

I didn’t see what happened with the second very clearly, it looked like Vinagre had it under control, did it bobble over his foot?

Traore was excellent - was it three of theirs booked for fouling him? Plus getting his head up and picking a pass for Jota - pretty much exactly what everyone’s been saying he can’t do, really pleased with his development so far this season.

Quite gutted it’s only a one goal win after that late goal, but 3-2 is a great first leg score line. Really proud of the lads tonight.
    Feigning concern, a Labour pastime, makes you feel doubtful right from the start. The expression he pulls is exactly like last time, got to assume he just hasn't a brain!

Enjoyed that. Thought we played well in patches but didn't take care of the ball enough as a whole. That's nitpicking though as it's a great result against a more than useful side.

Raul was outstanding all game as was Coady. He played like a true Italian Libero and stepped forward well when needed. I was impressed with Jesus too, thought his passing into midfield was superb.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

Jinky is offline PTG Champion 2014/15, Runner Up 2015/16, 3rd Place 2016/17. And a total arse.
    Vinagre showed tonight why Nuno doesn’t trust him to start in the Premier League just yet. Very naive defensively (and even though Traore pissed about with the ball and lost it) Vinny let his man run off him at the back post. The penalty was stupid too.

HOWEVER, no more negativity from me. Three goals away at Torino is an unbelievable effort from the boys. Moutinho is an Enigizer rabbit - just keeps going & going & going. Such a valuable player to us. Boly was massive. Jesus did alright tonight, apart from the silly booking. Says a lot that Jota didn’t have his best game but still got on the scoresheet - but says even more that Donk literally sprinted straight over to Adama. Was chuffed for him and summed up how close knit the squad is.

Moutinho MOTM, closely followed by Adama.

Yeah forgot to mention, coady was flawless today, completely made up for the manu game

Quote Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
    Vinagre showed tonight why Nuno doesn’t trust him to start in the Premier League just yet. Very naive defensively (and even though Traore pissed about with the ball and lost it) Vinny let his man run off him at the back post. The penalty was stupid too.

HOWEVER, no more negativity from me. Three goals away at Torino is an unbelievable effort from the boys. Moutinho is an Enigizer rabbit - just keeps going & going & going. Such a valuable player to us. Boly was massive. Jesus did alright tonight, apart from the silly booking. Says a lot that Jota didn’t have his best game but still got on the scoresheet - but says even more that Donk literally sprinted straight over to Adama. Was chuffed for him and summed up how close knit the squad is.

Moutinho MOTM, closely followed by Adama.
    Generally or just until Sunday?

If we had been offered this result beforehand we would have taken it gratefully.

At Molineux under the lights & a full house (which it will be) will not be easy to overturn that - & we will score so they need a minimum of 3 goals

We haven't often let that many in

Coming up for the Burnley game but that's now just a sideshow - my signature is looking prescient
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

Can’t see how both Donk and Moutinho are going to play Sunday. So much running two games in a row. Surely one of them is going to. Neves, Saiss, MGW is a bit “meh”

Think if Traore stayed on, Torino would have struggled to finish with 11 on the field
    FJRWolf

Adama came off because he twisted something in the tackle leading up to there first.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirkafleeg View Post
    Adama came off because he twisted something in the tackle leading up to there first.
    Did he? didn't notice that, hope he's ok for Burnley.....never thought I'd be saying that
    FJRWolf

They ain't beating us by two at Molineux and they're not keeping a clean sheet either. Good team but we're just better.

Such a shame Traore's one mistake got punished. Probably Vinagre's worst game for us and Jota wasn't great until he scored.

But other than that...we were superb. Saiss MOTM for me but so many immense performances out there. Officials - reminded me of the old adage that to draw a boxing match in Italy, you had to knock the other geezer out. Criminal display. The assault on Neto was appalling.

What a team, what a time to be a Wolves fan. Embrace it.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Oh and just got off the phone to a very happy Kenny. Fair to say he had a good time! Crowd control getting in was a disaster though he says. Crushes narrowly averted after ridiculous extra security checks (showing passports despite having to show your passport to get the ticket in the first place, causing huge bottlenecks)
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Only slight disappointment was the penalty at the end, but my god that is outweighed by the result and its importance.

The team I first watched live at a ground that had only 2 serviceable sides and 1 of them was 50 yards from the pitch has just beaten a very good team from Italy in a European competition, in Italy.

These really are the days, and I know it's easy to hark back to times of hardship with Wolves, let's face it theres enough to choose from, but I just cant stop thinking this really is my/out team and we are amazing

Anyone have a vid/gif of Boly's crunching tackle?
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Adama Traore is a different player with all the same attributes. Nuno converted Coady to whatever his role is within hours of taking charge, it’s taken a bit longer with Adama. At times he was unplayable although I couldn’t understand why Torino continually allowed themselves to be isolated against him. One thing that showed last night was that he looked up before crossing, shame there wasn’t always enough options in the penalty area.

Being slightly disappointed at the end of an away match in European competition against Italian opposition takes some getting used to. This result was with (allegedly) 4 of our first team players not in the starting 11.
    No.

I found last night completely surreal. I can't believe this is happening to us.
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hélder Costa

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Oh and just got off the phone to a very happy Kenny. Fair to say he had a good time! Crowd control getting in was a disaster though he says. Crushes narrowly averted after ridiculous extra security checks (showing passports despite having to show your passport to get the ticket in the first place, causing huge bottlenecks)
    I had heard of this from some benfica fans that have traveled all over Europe. Italy's law is very heavy handed, forcing complete identity checks before entering the stadium. No other country really enforces this rule, most of the time they only care about you having a valid ticket.