Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Everton (A) - Build-Up Thread

Jinky is offline PTG Champion 2014/15, Runner Up 2015/16, 3rd Place 2016/17. And a total arse.
    2 x weeks before our next match and we go in to the international break without a win in the league. I’m not going to say it’s slightly concerning, but we need some serious work. Nothing is quite clicking at the moment and today was as poor as I’ve seen us in a long time.

We could have got through in europe without overloading Johnny, Moutinho, Raul and Neves I would have thought. No coincidence that Bennett and Cutrone were our best players imo.
    'I never predict anything and I never will'......Paul Gascoigne.

We've got a break, but then we are straight back into 2 more midweek games. We need to get some League points on the board asap.
    )

We lost the plot today

Zero effort from everybody except Rui, although partly at fault for the first goal, Cutrone and Raúl

I can’t remember how many times we either lost the ball or gave it away today, most resulting in bookings

Regroup and move one (without Boly for Chelsea)

Not too concerned we just seem to be having a mini bad run, but a million miles away from the fluidity and guild of last season

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
    Very unusual performance today defensively. That said, Everton are a good side.
    Albeit they hadn't really done anything 2nd half up until their goal...up the pace and we crumbled...hope we are more resilient against the likes of sheff utd who also attack with pace.
    "It was dear old sweet dumpy Wolverhampton"

Not having Doc is badly affecting our fluidity as well. That isn't a knock on Adama as we can all see he's done pretty well filling in, but there's none of the movement and interplay we had last season. I hesitate to say it's solely down to that because it can't be that simple, but it's definitely playing a part.

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft
    Stupid of Boly. That will cost us more than we lost today.
    These are the days, my friend

It was a shit performance. Theres a hell of a lot of.doom.and gloom here though. The international break has come at the right time. The frequency of games is not going to be as bad as it has been. And every time we have been through a patch like this with nuno, he has turned it around.

Certainly he doesn't quite know how to use the squad effectively yet.

Need to be smarter with the squad rotation after the break. Far too many changes game to game, which is why we look so disjointed.

We really need to strengthen at wingback. Traore whilst good going forward is just not solid enough defensively. We are really missing the Doherty of 2018.
    Hair today, gone tomorrow

We havent played well yet this season in the PL. We cant cope with teams that press and attack with pace, which is ominous given that is what a lot of teams are going to do to us, including Norwich, Villa and Sheff Utd. Too early to start worrying but we need to adddess things quickly.
    The poster formerly known as...

If anything it will take away the 'expectation' that we are competing for a top six or even seventh position. A good run in the Europa Cup and comfortable safety will suffice. Whether we finish seventh or fourteenth we still line up next season in the PL. Disappointed with our defending, not concerned with our running but we are lacking that team cohesion and explosive attack we had for much of last season. The general trend is still upwards - no need to panic.

Not comfortable with us playing Traore AND Vinagre as our WBs in the PL, especially away. And we're way too reliant on Moutinho with unproven back up. They're my two biggest concerns atm

Brainless of Boly. Totally brainless.
    So many things wrong today.
    Wolves 2017/18 P46 W27 D11 L8 F85 A40 Pts 92: 2 pts a game is all we need...

GLASGOWOLF is offline Not English you say? Got my eyes on you then
    Patricio was partly at fault for goal 1tho his saves made up for it.
    Traore was non existent after we scored the first
    Bennet did ok
    Coady was way off the pace especially for the first
    Boly, i always claimed he was better than MaGuire on that performance, no where near
    Vinegra was useless
    Neves hopeless
    Saiss was ok decent goal
    Dendonker was alright
    Cutrone played well needs a goal.
    Jiminez was way out of it either side of his goal

I'd rather us have a league wobble now than closer to Christmas to be fair. We have a break to re-group and consider our next run of games
    400 channels and nowt to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Griffiths' Hairline View Post
    It was a shit performance. Theres a hell of a lot of.doom.and gloom here though. The international break has come at the right time. The frequency of games is not going to be as bad as it has been. And every time we have been through a patch like this with nuno, he has turned it around.

Certainly he doesn't quite know how to use the squad effectively yet.

Need to be smarter with the squad rotation after the break. Far too many changes game to game, which is why we look so disjointed.

We really need to strengthen at wingback. Traore whilst good going forward is just not solid enough defensively. We are really missing the Doherty of 2018.
    Yep, double shit performance. We made Everton look good.

Nuno has gone from making no changes, to so many that no one knows what they’re doing......our shape was awful today and last season it was faultless.

We had our best two players on the bench today.......all because, in my opinion, we got the selections wrong in Europe......did Moutinho need to play all those minutes?

Not one player looked good today - no idea what’s happened to Neves.

And I don’t think any of our summer signings look anywhere near as good as what we’ve already got unfortunately.......surely that shouldn’t have been the plan?

Hopefully the rest will do us good. Needs to.

Did like how the ref gave fouls for both sides but ours always seemed to be deemed worthy of a yellow.
    I will also be praying before bedtime that Richarlison isn't too hurt,he seemed to be holding a badly injured face after a body check from Boly.
    "It was dear old sweet dumpy Wolverhampton"

Forgetting form for a moment, we dropped our two best players today, which you would expect to affect us. That doesn't excuse the weaknesses at the back but it probably added to the pressure on them not having Moutinho's composure in front of them. Not that Joao greatly increased our possession when he came on. Cutrone showed good movement but he is less effective than Jota when receiving the ball deeper -- we know Jota isn't at full tilt yet but I think he is integral to our counter-attack possibilities. Like Burnley, Everton didn't give us time in midfield but they had a lot more talent to go with that tactic and looked by far the better team first half. Coady obviously poor for the first (no need for Rui to come to him, though); Traore lost his man completely for the second, and Boly planning a turn and fifty yard run while utterly unaware of his man for the third. To get ourselves back into the game twice just to capitulate like that is very disappointing indeed. Nuno will be seething inside.

Didn't think Boly's second was a yellow, though he'd been asking the question already. How does a high boot to the face not get carded?