Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Rugby World Cup Japan 2019

Depends how Garces refereees Wales v South Africa. Of the front line candidates he is the one who is DEFINITELY able to do the final without a conflict issue. If Barnes gets the final I GUARANTEE if Wales are there that New Zealand make a boat load of fuss about the fact he was brought up and educated in Wales even though he was born in Gloucestershire.

Garces is a massive dropped bollock waiting to happen. I would have happily taken Peyper if Wales beat South Africa but that photo totally blows his chances. Berry is Australian - I was sure he was a New Zealander. I can only guess my mistake was because he never had to speak to the number 10. Whenever a Kiwi says 10 it instantly distinguishes their accent from an Aussie. O'Keefe is the NZ referee and WAY too inexperienced at only 30.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

It's a real humdinger of a weekend in the rugby, good job I havent done anything silly and booked a romantic weekend away with the wife...

You absolute plank!! Should be two amazing games. Get the hotel bar to open early on Saturday and Sunday mornings and sneak down for rugby and beer. What could possibly go wrong for you?
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Depends how Garces refereees Wales v South Africa. Of the front line candidates he is the one who is DEFINITELY able to do the final without a conflict issue. If Barnes gets the final I GUARANTEE if Wales are there that New Zealand make a boat load of fuss about the fact he was brought up and educated in Wales even though he was born in Gloucestershire.

Garces is a massive dropped bollock waiting to happen. I would have happily taken Peyper if Wales beat South Africa but that photo totally blows his chances. Berry is Australian - I was sure he was a New Zealander. I can only guess my mistake was because he never had to speak to the number 10. Whenever a Kiwi says 10 it instantly distinguishes their accent from an Aussie. O'Keefe is the NZ referee and WAY too inexperienced at only 30.
    Don't get me wrong, Berry is a very good up and coming referee who has replaced Glen Jackson (New Zealander) as being seen as the future of rugby refereeing. I.m sure it will be Barnes doing the final but one possibility if Wales lose to SA and England lose to NZ is that Owens will get to do a second RWC final, equaling the record set by Andre Dawson in 1999 and 2003. I would like that because Owens is far superior to anything Dawson could do. He was just lucky whereas Owens is the best in the world. But for that scenario to play out, Wales would have to lose and I think that would not be your heart's desire! The coming weekend promises to be most enticing!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    You absolute plank!! Should be two amazing games. Get the hotel bar to open early on Saturday and Sunday mornings and sneak down for rugby and beer. What could possibly go wrong for you?
    To be fair I'll just put it on the telly, big old romantic that I am!