Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Rugby World Cup Japan 2019

That's a bloody harsh decision. We've been given nothing tonight.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

I think after last weeks performance it is very disappointing, that's a perfectly fair comment

Bloody scrums.

That looked suspiciously like a forward pass

Absolute stuffing.

Won't watch again.
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

Jinky is offline PTG Champion 2014/15, Runner Up 2015/16, 3rd Place 2016/17. And a total arse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbridge Wolf View Post
    I think after last weeks performance it is very disappointing, that's a perfectly fair comment
    Yeah, but I said it so someone was bound to have a moan.

Wow - waltzed through our defence there.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWolves View Post
    Actually it wasn't, I'm blind

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWolves View Post
    That's how football should be with offside. Was it obviously forward? - No, then let it go. In the PL they would have spent another 2 minutes with their lines on the screen. I don't watch much Rugby so don't know if that's typical, but it seems the way the PL should go.

GLASGOWOLF is offline Not English you say? Got my eyes on you then
    We have not played well enough. The best team won.
    The ref was useless missed the forward pass on there first try, but we just were not good enough

In the game at 18-12 right upto a stupid penalty given away from Watson. They've took us apart since.

Just haven’t turned up, losing Sinkler early on was key, Penalty miss to take us within 3 points also. Huge opportunity missed here.

Dan Cole will be having nightmares about this for years to come

Jinky is offline PTG Champion 2014/15, Runner Up 2015/16, 3rd Place 2016/17. And a total arse.
    Turning point for me was when we had the momentum and a penalty and went for the kick instead of the corner. We had them rocking at that point and should have backed ourselves. Let them off the hook and SA have managed the game superbly since.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    That's how football should be with offside. Was it obviously forward? - No, then let it go. In the PL they would have spent another 2 minutes with their lines on the screen. I don't watch much Rugby so don't know if that's typical, but it seems the way the PL should go.
    Not entirely correct, they look at the direction of the hands and infer the intention from there. Makes for a quick and easy decision, if a bit in favour of the team with the ball.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    That's exactly how it should work.

SA played very well, really dominant performance and England couldn't cope with the sheer power.

Sometimes it's just not your day, especially when your best prop goes off inside 2 minutes.

Watson shoulder barge was just stupid, eventually led to the try. Just need Wolves to lose this afternoon to top off a truly miserable day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
    Turning point for me was when we had the momentum and a penalty and went for the kick instead of the corner. We had them rocking at that point and should have backed ourselves. Let them off the hook and SA have managed the game superbly since.
    Not really, we'd lost every set piece so going for the corner would've been a very stupid thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jd1981 View Post
    Watson shoulder barge was just stupid, eventually led to the try. Just need Wolves to lose this afternoon to top off a truly miserable day.
    Ah well I thought that too but its kissing with rain and awful conditions so that might now suit us. So even though its November and we haven't won at Arsenal since the winter of discontent almost I am sticking a fiver on us!

Can't knock SA. They're a limited side but they play to their strengths really well.

Garces was horrific but he isn't why we lost.

You have to set the tone in these games and we started so poorly. We got virtually nothing right for the whole match. Never mind, I never thought we'd get anywhere near the final.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    Not really, we'd lost every set piece so going for the corner would've been a very stupid thing to do.
    Was the only point of the game we had started to build momentum. Missing the kick and giving them the ball back was a huge turning point at that moment of the match.

My opinion, of course.

Different ref in the first half and it would have been an entirely different game.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    Ah well I thought that too but its kissing with rain and awful conditions so that might now suit us. So even though its November and we haven't won at Arsenal since the winter of discontent almost I am sticking a fiver on us!
    Now Cyber you have your own thread that most of us ignore for this nonsense. Please don't pollute other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Different ref in the first half and it would have been an entirely different game.
    Agree with this entirely. We couldn't build momentum in part because he was so poor and allowed blatant cheating from SA.

I'm no rugby expert but it seems to me that South Africa's win is similar to how we won in 2003.
    Batter the opposition, the pressure brings penalties and then space to exploit later on in the game.
    Not a great watch but very effective.
    'I never predict anything and I never will'......Paul Gascoigne.

Losing sinkler in the first 2 minutes and having to put a player on who wasnt competitive against his opponent in the front line lost us this game.

Blaming the ref is just clutching at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    Now Cyber you have your own thread that most of us ignore for this nonsense. Please don't pollute other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Can't knock SA. They're a limited side but they play to their strengths really well.

Garces was horrific but he isn't why we lost.

You have to set the tone in these games and we started so poorly. We got virtually nothing right for the whole match. Never mind, I never thought we'd get anywhere near the final.
    I agree with this summing up except I expected us to win, so I'm very disappointed at the result.

I thought Eddie Jones got his plan wrong, he should have learned from the Wales/SA game. I also felt that Mako wasn't fit and the change for Marler came too late.

The intensity we had against NZ was missing, it was almost as though we thought we just had to turn up to win. Ah well, onto the 6 Nations.
    'Our goal is crystal clear: we will do our very best to help take Wolves back to the Premier League as soon as possible, and to stay there.'(21st July 2016). *Promotion achieved 15th April 2018.** 2019-7th-57pts-Qualify Europa*

Dissapointing morning really - we started poorly which set the tone for the match & SA played to their strengths (which we knew they would, or should done).

As Dallaglio said whilst the scrums are not what you want to see if you can't win them then you are probably not winning the match & we really didn't. Forced us to concede penalties which had a big say in this match (losing Sinckler that early didn't help in any way).

Good defensive work from SA snuffed out any time that we got near their line as well which was a big part of the final score.

On the whole this is still a young England team & they will come back after they have gone away to lick their wounds
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Newbridge Wolf View Post
    Losing sinkler in the first 2 minutes and having to put a player on who wasnt competitive against his opponent in the front line lost us this game.

Blaming the ref is just clutching at straws.
    No one can blame the ref for the poor England performance, but that should not obviate the need for RWC to conduct a post-mortem about Garces' naive and less than competent officiating at the breakdown. He missed so many penalisable offences committed by SA but seemed to find them against England. An atrocious display for a World Cup Final when RWC claims they have selected the best referee in the world!