Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolves 2 Watford 0: The Verdict

Harsh on Traore there Booz. Couple of decent crosses in the first half, picked out Jonny very well in the second half (that Jonny should have scored from) and a lovely through ball to Doc for the second goal. He had a decent game I thought

Quote Originally Posted by Trips View Post
    Harsh on Traore there Booz. Couple of decent crosses in the first half, picked out Jonny very well in the second half (that Jonny should have scored from) and a lovely through ball to Doc for the second goal. He had a decent game I thought
    No argument here, I did say it was controversial and that I may be picking flies. His second half was definitely better than the first as we did lose the ball a fair bit down that side in the first 45 and Moutinho was proper pissed off with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Oh, and the shit 8en Fo$ter got today was absolutely fucking delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Trips View Post
    I thought it was probably his best game up front - not a high bar I know - and he looked good defensively too today.

Saiss was great, but Jonny was my MOTM. He was good both defensively and linking forwards with Neto and Moutinho.

Loving Neto's game for such a young lad. He isn't quite as tricky or as strong as Jota but his movement and willingness to get all over the pitch is great to see. He reminds me a bit of Pedro at Chelsea - diminutive but good link play and movement.

I missed Reading but if Jordao can challenge Dendoncker too then the "Mendes Two" are looking like very good buys.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Interesting views on Traore (as always). Sky gave him MOM. There have been times when he and Doc want to occupy the same space - to be expected as the pairing is new to them - but at the same time the pass from Traore for the 2nd goal is not something I thought he was capable of.

Difficult to choose a MOM, Saiss was great - but only did what Boly does every week. Could give it to any of Doc/Jonny/Mouthinho.

Interested on peoples views of 343 v 352. Moutinho seemed to play deeper than usual, but was that the formation or the absence of Neves (who wasn't missed)? Also I thought Boly was even more willing to bring the ball forward than normal.

Great pass from Adama to put Doc through to cross for our second. For me, that's a real improvement, I'm not sure if he'd have seen that pass last season

Not going to get too involved in another Traore debate. Yesterday he did what he does well and what he doesn't was at it's usual levels.

What I will say is whenever he was on the ball he drew 3 players. We should be looking at that and working on sometimes using him as a decoy or a quick 1,2 as there has to be open space to exploit in the middle or left. Cav for example wouldn't draw that type of attention

His cross for Jonny at the back post was really good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Not going to get too involved in another Traore debate. Yesterday he did what he does well and what he doesn't was at it's usual levels.

What I will say is whenever he was on the ball he drew 3 players. We should be looking at that and working on sometimes using him as a decoy or a quick 1,2 as there has to be open space to exploit in the middle or left. Cav for example wouldn't draw that type of attention
    I think that's fair. Traore and the current way we play are not a natural fit so others have to tweak .
    Remember, remember we are shit in November .

Lovely rendition of 'Elton John is a paedophile' from WV1 yesterday. Not a brain cell between them.

The football was much better though, when our back 5 play like they did yesterday everything else just seems to fall into place.

Quite confused by Watford's first half tactic of giving Joćo Moutinho (sign him up) the freedom of Molineux. What on earth were they thinking?
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hélder Costa

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    Lovely rendition of 'Elton John is a paedophile' from WV1 yesterday. Not a brain cell between them.

The football was much better though, when our back 5 play like they did yesterday everything else just seems to fall into place.

Quite confused by Watford's first half tactic of giving Joćo Moutinho (sign him up) the freedom of Molineux. What on earth were they thinking?
    Particularly strange given how last season Watford were pretty much the first Prem side to realise that pressing Neves and Moutinho would stifle us - all be it under a different manager.

An enjoyable game and felt great to finally get our first Premier League win under our belts. Watford were shit both in terms of their comical defending and their lame attacks, I could see why they were rock bottom and hard to believe its the same team thst beat us at Wembley.

As for us, much better performance and looking much more like our old selves. We defended well, Doherty is improving and adds to our defensive solidity. Boly is still better on the left but was fine and Saiss and Jonny had good games.

Moutinho was Moutinho. Busy, classy, effective. I like Neto each time I see him so was good to see him start the game and he didn't disappoint, he was excellent in the build up to Doc's goal.

Traore... I can't help but like the guy! He is much improved this season and is always trying to make things happen. I do get excited when he gets the ball as you're not sure what can happen. He has great strength, immense pace and technical ability, often does all the hard stuff but then scuffs the end product as with his 2 overhit crosses, one from the left and the other from the right side but he is always trying to create something.

Raul is struggling and I'm not surprised with his relentless workload of the past couple of years. I love the guy but would not be averse to him being rested and seeing more of Cutrone who I like. The latter would also be helped by more minutes on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    An enjoyable game and felt great to finally get our first Premier League win under our belts. Watford were shit both in terms of their comical defending and their lame attacks, I could see why they were rock bottom and hard to believe its the same team thst beat us at Wembley.

As for us, much better performance and looking much more like our old selves. We defended well, Doherty is improving and adds to our defensive solidity. Boly is still better on the left but was fine and Saiss and Jonny had good games.

Moutinho was Moutinho. Busy, classy, effective. I like Neto each time I see him so was good to see him start the game and he didn't disappoint, he was excellent in the build up to Doc's goal.

Traore... I can't help but like the guy! He is much improved this season and is always trying to make things happen. I do get excited when he gets the ball as you're not sure what can happen. He has great strength, immense pace and technical ability, often does all the hard stuff but then scuffs the end product as with his 2 overhit crosses, one from the left and the other from the right side but he is always trying to create something.

Raul is struggling and I'm not surprised with his relentless workload of the past couple of years. I love the guy but would not be averse to him being rested and seeing more of Cutrone who I like. The latter would also be helped by more minutes on the pitch.
    Totally agree with all of this
    FJRWolf

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post

Tbf it's on him to recognise those situations as well. It happened first half yesterday, Donck was 5 yards away screaming for the ball but Traore just had his head down and tried to take them all on, think it ended with a Watford throw in the end.

Also, Boozad, not to be a nitpicker but you're giving Jonny a bit too much credit there when Deulofeu was on the other side of the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by The Bion View Post
    Also, Boozad, not to be a nitpicker but you're giving Jonny a bit too much credit there when Deulofeu was on the other side of the pitch
    Drunk posting, does me every time

Sitting in the NB lower it was funny during every Watford corner that Patricio with two hands on his shoulders put Traore exactly where he wanted him. Surprised he didn't whisper in his ear to activate him too

I think Traore will be a first team regular. It's early days but he and Doc can tear any team a new one. As that understanding improves it will be a massive feature of our play.
    I love bennett and Saiss but although I hate to say it Saiss has to keep that place, Boly was fine on the other side.
    Much better team performance that Neto kids looking good. Kick on from here.
    We will get 50pts (I worked it out on my computer) W13 D11 L14

Quote Originally Posted by Lincs_Wolf View Post
    Sitting in the NB lower it was funny during every Watford corner that Patricio with two hands on his shoulders put Traore exactly where he wanted him. Surprised he didn't whisper in his ear to activate him too
    He does try hard and has his own USP's but I think at corners we should leave him as an out ball. I dont like our everyone in the box defending of corners.
    We will get 50pts (I worked it out on my computer) W13 D11 L14

Thought Doc and Traore linked well yesterday. Off the ball too, Traore pulls out side so opposition have to detail two players to follow him - that leaves space for Doc.
    )

I know i am only watching extended highlights, but Traore is making passes and assists that he simply knew nothing about last season. If he and Doch get this together, that right flank will be a nightmare for some teams.
    "Never enter into a battle of wits, with an unarmed man"

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Thought Doc and Traore linked well yesterday. Off the ball too, Traore pulls out side so opposition have to detail two players to follow him - that leaves space for Doc.
    The rotation in movement has improved and he’s making better runs behind their defenders too. Two or three times Doc made good runs beyond him though and he kept going himself. That’s the next part of his game that needs to be improved - but then his pass on the build up which was lovely weighted showed that side too is coming along.

On Raul - martino has said he won’t be picking him for the next internationals. So after City he gets a well earned breather

Agreed. Moutinho/Neves just outside the box, and Traore further ahead to receive any pass for a quick counter.

Only problem with that is, no-one is going to keep up with him if he does get it, so he's going to have to do it all on his own. Unless you leave Jota or Neto out too.

Seemed like a solid game, and win, for us.

Was watching the game in Benfica's stadium, wearing my Wolves top. Stood out like a sore thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by jdrodrigues View Post
    Seemed like a solid game, and win, for us.

Was watching the game in Benfica's stadium, wearing my Wolves top. Stood out like a sore thumb.
    Good man!
    "Never enter into a battle of wits, with an unarmed man"

They will be immense/a nightmare for the opposition once they build up an understanding. Similarly the other side with Jonny and Neto.