Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2020 transfer window

Monstrum is offline Seeks friendly banter and someone who can move Country without thinking about it
    Id be very happy with kessie, but seems unrealistic now. Milan are still far above us in the pecking order as it stands. Last season they were a point off 3rd. Banned from Europe this season, so they can still compete for the 3rd spot with atalanta, rome and inter. More important hes regularly starting for them. He will be sitting on the bench here, atleast for a few months until hes used to the tactics and play- just like donk. And after that he is still competing/rotating with donk for a starting place. I doubt wed be able to offer a lot more money than milan, from the players prospective why would you switch countries, to a lower status club, with less playing time, for a similiar amount of money?

Ryan Fraser out of contract in the summer

Worthy of a low bid in Jan?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWolves View Post

He's running it down to earn big bucks in the Summer, most likely to Arsenal

Not sure I can deal with neckless players in our squad.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

No.

Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Jinky is offline PTG Champion 2014/15, Runner Up 2015/16, 3rd Place 2016/17. And a total arse.
    Wolves are reportedly targeting Lille centre back Gabriel Magalhaes.

The club are looking to bring in defensive reinforcements in January and Wolves have been to watch the 21-year-old Brazilian a number of times this season. [source: Mail]

Mail has us and Watford wanting to spend £5m on Aurelio Buta https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3HvdLpeoIk
    Wolves 2017/18 P46 W27 D11 L8 F85 A40 Pts 92: 2 pts a game is all we need...

Both players above fir into the young mould again and we do need better competition at CB and RWB as we've seen this season. I'd be going for BenoÓt Badiashile if we could afford him as he looks a class act and a younger version of Boly. He'd be expensive and if the other 2 are relatively cheap we should be getting them in.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Tim Spiers
    @TimSpiers
    Jeff Shi on January: "Of course (there'll be money available). We're always ready to invest. Our squad is growing but if we want to compete at a higher level we need to give Nuno more support. I think we'll have a good window."

Options will be assessed at the end of November.

A quote that hopefully isn't thrown back at Jeff when the window closes

Sounds good, lets see what happens though as getting players in January is usually a bit of a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Tim Spiers
    @TimSpiers
    Jeff Shi on January: "Of course (there'll be money available). We're always ready to invest. Our squad is growing but if we want to compete at a higher level we need to give Nuno more support. I think we'll have a good window."

Wim gonna sign six, Rego.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Tim Spiers
    @TimSpiers

Wim gonna sign six, Rego.

I wonder if we'll try to get a back up keeper in January (relatively cheap of course) and bed him in for the rest of the campaign. Ruddy is not really an option at this level now - he's getting slower by the month and seems to have gone back to his late Norwich habit of being too heavy (and clearly isn't a long term option regardless). Norris has finally started to get a game for Ipswich, but it's League One. Is he really up to being the deputy? Sondergaard is almost certainly too young to be given that job in the nearish future.

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    I wonder if we'll try to get a back up keeper in January (relatively cheap of course) and bed him in for the rest of the campaign. Ruddy is not really an option at this level now - he's getting slower by the month and seems to have gone back to his late Norwich habit of being too heavy (and clearly isn't a long term option regardless). Norris has finally started to get a game for Ipswich, but it's League One. Is he really up to being the deputy? Sondergaard is almost certainly too young to be given that job in the nearish future.
    Tough one as GK is probably our most nailed down position. Who could we sign that's reliable but also knows they'll have little to no chance of beating out Patricio?

Not that such things don't happen, of course; like Vorm moving to Tottenham from Swansea when Lloris was already there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo„o Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    How long was Ruddy’s contract extension he signed last season?

We might evaluate come end of season but I imagine long term plan is for Sondergaard to be back up. I think ruddy will be okay for a couple more FA cup games.

We should be looking, though it's probably not the most important thing we do - there would be a worry if Rui got any injury if it took him out for a number of weeks.

Not sure of what options there might be out there which would help given that whoever signs knows that barring the injury scenario they may well only get a few cup games (& we are already out of one).
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

Alex McCarthy from Southampton would be my shout

Plenty of keepers accept being second fiddle (or third). Canít even think who the career reserve keepers are these days now Richard Wright, Stuart Taylor, Steve Harper are all gone.

Someone like Boruc might come if any of their contracts are expiring
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Quote Originally Posted by YoungWolf View Post
    How long was Ruddyís contract extension he signed last season?
    Just to the end of this season.

I'd rather get someone in now so we don't hit May/June and we're thinking "ah, we only really have one keeper". In an ideal world of course.

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    Plenty of keepers accept being second fiddle (or third). Canít even think who the career reserve keepers are these days now Richard Wright, Stuart Taylor, Steve Harper are all gone.

Someone like Boruc might come if any of their contracts are expiring
    Boruc is 40 in February so let's park that one

If you pay them they'll come, it's a cushy gig. Scott Carson swapped being in a scrap for the #1 shirt at Derby with Roos for being third choice at City.

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Boruc is 40 in February so let's park that one

If you pay them they'll come, it's a cushy gig. Scott Carson swapped being in a scrap for the #1 shirt at Derby with Roos for being third choice at City.
    Jesus did not know that. Heís still solid tbf.

The big clubs can pay these old English keepers stupid money to just meet the HG quota. Ruddy isnít even that old as well so strange about his decline.

Joe hart on a free? How long did he sign on at burnley?
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Has Ruddy declined or does he just struggle when rusty? Appreciate even if it's the latter he's no good to us.

Alex McCarthy from Southampton would be my shout
    I like him though he does have an odd habit of joining clubs and never really finding long term favour, there's a pattern there. Also should be in their team soon as Gunn is rancid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Has Ruddy declined or does he just struggle when rusty? Appreciate even if it's the latter he's no good to us.
    Probably a bit of both (it's only three games in six and a bit months for him in competitive football, hardly played in pre-season either as we had no friendlies) but I'd say last night was a physical thing. At least to my eyes anyway.

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    Jesus did not know that. He’s still solid tbf.

The big clubs can pay these old English keepers stupid money to just meet the HG quota. Ruddy isn’t even that old as well so strange about his decline.

Joe hart on a free? How long did he sign on at burnley?
    Hart has been awful for a while now.

Ruddy is 33. Not exactly a spring chicken and certainly too old to persist with if his performances have dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo„o Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hart has been awful for a while now.

Ruddy is 33. Not exactly a spring chicken and certainly too old to persist with if his performances have dropped.
    Keepers tend to peak around 29/ 30 and keep at that level for 4 or 5 years. Ruddy may well be just rusty.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

I think he’s rusty rather than anything else. Great around the dressing room too, he’s a fantastic pro and a good personality. We just need to find a way to get him games occasionally to keep him sharp for when we need him.
    Feigning concern, a Labour pastime, makes you feel doubtful right from the start. The expression he pulls is exactly like last time, got to assume he just hasn't a brain!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Ruddy is good when he's busy, if he gets a run of games he'll probably be ok

Ruddy is good when he's busy, if he gets a run of games he'll probably be ok
    Problem is now that he won't unless Rui has an injury - so we will have to rely on him for sporadic involvement

He's always been a relatively safe pair of hands, and served us well. If he is in decline though, and it's a fast one, we don't have any room for sentiment in the squad

Quote Originally Posted by Rui_CostCo View Post
    He's always been a relatively safe pair of hands, and served us well. If he is in decline though, and it's a fast one, we don't have any room for sentiment in the squad
    Not going to slag him off at all - was a big part of our rise back out of the Championship this time.

Whether he has the hunger to perform when only called on occasionally is another issue.