• Rui Patricio

0 0%
  • Ruben Neves

0 0%
  • Other (please state)

1 2.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is our best player?

Based on ability I would go Neves. He is 22. He hasn't shown his class enough in 2019. Moutinho has and is incredible. Raul does things I don't expect of a tall striker. He has some serious ability. Sitting Otamendi on his are being a case in point. If messi or Ronaldo had done that the internet breaks.

To me , ultimately is who always makes us look better when he plays or comes on. That's Moutinho.
    Remember, remember we are shit in November .

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    To me , ultimately is who always makes us look better when he plays or comes on. That's Moutinho.
    Why did the move to Spurs never come off all those years ago ?
    Your friends list is empty

Moutinho
    Boly
    Raul
    Jota
    Jonny

Based on our Premiership journey so far.
    Jiminez, while not quite as good in the league so far this season has been fundamental to our success for 14 months, goals, assists, workrate, attitude, he has the lot. I'm also gunna cut him some slack this season for his lack of time off.
    Wanted to put Rui but pfft, he's just a keeper......seriously though its hard to leave anyone out
    FJRWolf

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Why did the move to Spurs never come off all those years ago ?
    Think it was down to some paperwork not being submitted on time on deadline day

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    Based on ability I would go Neves. He is 22. He hasn't shown his class enough in 2019. Moutinho has and is incredible. Raul does things I don't expect of a tall striker. He has some serious ability. Sitting Otamendi on his are being a case in point. If messi or Ronaldo had done that the internet breaks.

Yeah I think long term Neves could well top the charts, think he's suffered a bit with perception due to his change of role since the Champ
    FJRWolf

Jota has a higher ceiling than Neves IMO.

Although Neves might be more valuable to serious top end teams as there are fewer of his type around.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Think it was down to some paperwork not being submitted on time on deadline day
    Fax machine broke, so the story goes...
    My name is Geoff...

Your friends list is empty

If Mouts had gone to Tottenham or Everton o
    I think we'd be talking about one of the Premier League all time greats.

I don't know if anybody else has but a few times I've seen him go in for an interception and thought "oh no" and then seconds later he emerges with the ball. There was one at City away last season he had no right to win.

Boly is a special defender though. I loved Lescott but I think Boly pushes him all the way.

Unfortunately the likes of Murray, Lescott, Curle and Bully didn't play for Wolves in the PL so although you can have an opinion you can't say with certainty what would have happened.

Lescott at his best played in a 2 for the best side in the country alongside arguably the best centre half of the last decade. Boly plays in a 3 for a good PL side, I don't think you can even compare that, it's just different, although I think Jo would have been magnificent as LCH in this team

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    Moutinho
    Boly
    Patrício
    Jota
    Raúl
    This, although this time next year Adama will be on there for sure.

Moutinho on pure ability, but you get the idea that Boly plays well within himself and Jota could end up topping that list someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablowolf View Post
    This, although this time next year Adama will be on there for sure.
    Hope so. If Nuno can get him to combine all the good parts of his capabilities consistently he could be outstanding.
    )

Thought it was weird that in Shearer's TOTW he was still considered a RB although he contributions happened mostly when he was up front.

He was good at RWB tho, Vinagre too. Was very surprised at the way both of them defended.
    )

Vinagré was in the TOTW too. He looked a lot more switched on yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    He was good at RWB tho, Vinagre too. Was very surprised at the way both of them defended.
    Me too
    FJRWolf

Yeah, it was great seeing Sterling try to knock it past him and skin him, but Adama outpaced him...
    My name is Geoff...

Moutinho for me, oozes class on and off the pitch. 117 caps for Portugal in one of their best eras tells its story

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    Moutinho for me, oozes class on and off the pitch. 117 caps for Portugal in one of their best eras tells its story
    On and off the pitch is absolutely right. Nuno has to go one day: would be very happy to see Moutinho groomed to replace him
    Last edited by Norman Deeley; 8th October 2019 at 10:09 AM.
    Wolves 2017/18 P46 W27 D11 L8 F85 A40 Pts 92: 2 pts a game is all we need...

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Deeley View Post
    On and off the pitch is absolutely right. Nuno has to go one day: would be very happy to see Moutinho groomed to reparable him
    That is one helluva shout. I know it doesnt always match that great players make good managers but you would think that he would. As well as class he oozes nous.
    Remember, remember we are shit in November .

Ran the polls on Twitter.

Best player at the club (530 votes):

Moutinho 65%
    Boly 28%
    Jota 5%
    Other 1%

Best player this season (233 votes):

Boly 53%
    Moutinho 24%
    Traore 22%
    Other 1%
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

I agree with that. When Boly signed he said he wants to spend many years here(paraphrasing his exact words and it could of course just be chat). Let's hope he retires here, same for Moutinho but think he feel he might do another season and go somewhere
    Time that you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Moutinho will retire here.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Monstrum is offline Seeks friendly banter and someone who can move Country without thinking about it
    Last season purely on ability I would have said mou, but including this season I would probably say raul. Hes just a complete package, he can shoot, hes great in the air, amazing running and finesse for a big man, hes an amazing passer with great vision, hes one of our best crossers... he tracks back and defends and wins the ball, is there anything he cant do? Granted hes had a few off games this season but its more due to fatigue.
    Moutinho is second to me, after that boly definately, just a super underrated player. After that hard to say, jonny/jota... but doc/traore can overtake them by the end of the season if they continue the current form. Havent been impressed by neves at all this season, and coady has been too hot and cold for me personally, and really lacks the speed/strenght that I feel is required for his role, as much as I like him as a player. That being said, jota probably has the highest ceiling on our team, just needs to get in form and continue to develop.